Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Remote Access App (Android)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 04:59 AM
Thummmper
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Access

I have this app on my phone. It was quite an ordeal when I first got this back in 2013 because the product was brand new and not too many people had much info on it. The first year I had it was touch and go with getting it to work. But this last year they seemed to fix the problem and has worked every time since. The truck requires two separate modules for it to work. You must also have remote start already on the truck. Remote start and remote access are two different things. Remote start is what comes from the factory to start you truck with a key fob. Remote Access is a separate module installed by the Ford custom guys at the dealer. With Remote Access I can Lock/Unlock, Alarm and Start/Stop my truck from virtually anywhere. I could be in California and start my truck in New York for instance. As long as you have cell coverage on both your phone and you vehicle, you can operate it anywhere. It's pretty cool.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:52 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Thummmper
You must also have remote start already on the truck. Remote start and remote access are two different things. Remote start is what comes from the factory to start you truck with a key fob. Remote Access is a separate module installed by the Ford custom guys at the dealer.
You don't need remote start from the factory in order to have remote access.

Remote access can function independently. It can also work in tandem with the factory remote start, or even with the Ford long-range options.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:58 AM
mynetdude
Senior User
Originally Posted by Pocket
You don't need remote start from the factory in order to have remote access.

Remote access can function independently. It can also work in tandem with the factory remote start, or even with the Ford long-range options.
What ford long range options?

Old 03-10-2016, 05:20 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by mynetdude
What ford long range options?
Ford has additional long-range remote start options: one-way long range, and bi-directional long range remotes.

Basically separate FOBs from the key, about 1000' range. Bi-directional gives feedback confirmation that the truck started and is running.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:47 PM
mynetdude
Senior User
Ford has additional long-range remote start options: one-way long range, and bi-directional long range remotes.

Basically separate FOBs from the key, about 1000' range. Bi-directional gives feedback confirmation that the truck started and is running.
So its another keyfob with longer range? What kind of feedback? I'm interested... this may be a better option than getting one of those that require an app with a subscription service.

This is more useful when you live at an apartment and don't have the same parking space each time.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by mynetdude
So its another keyfob with longer range? What kind of feedback? I'm interested... this may be a better option than getting one of those that require an app with a subscription service.

This is more useful when you live at an apartment and don't have the same parking space each time.
The bi-directional remote will flash green and beep confirming successful remote start. That way you know it starts without having to look for the truck to make sure.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:38 PM
mynetdude
Senior User
The bi-directional remote will flash green and beep confirming successful remote start. That way you know it starts without having to look for the truck to make sure.
will have to look into that! I'm assuming LOS is not required? (although doing it from behind a wall would be pointless)