Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crew Cab Bench Seat photos please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 11:24 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crew Cab Bench Seat photos please!!!

Can someone with a Crew Cab OBS please take photos of your front and rear seats? I need to match up a few I found to replace my front and rear seats. My front is defiantly not what was supposed to be in there and the rear is gone. I need factory setup not bucket seats.

Preferably years of 1994 and anything the same as that.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:54 AM
444dieselrod
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bench seat out of a reg cab is the same seat, the ext cab seat has different floor mounts.

Don't have any pics but I'll BTT for ya.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Yea I was thinking the bench out of reg cab would fit for front but trying to get photos of rear seat. I really need to replace rear seat more than front but I think I found both just want to make sure they fit before I drive 45 minutes just to know if they work or not.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Yes the regular cab would not fit rear and I would defiantly need a crew cab model seat to fit my rear

Old 02-10-2016, 11:11 AM
444dieselrod
Posting Guru
Front and rear seats are the same, I just pulled the rear seat out of my crewcab and bolted it into my reg cab, used the factory holes and bolts....

If anything the front seat will be different as it doesn't need to fold forward like the rear would to gain access to storage.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 444dieselrod
Front and rear seats are the same, I just pulled the rear seat out of my crewcab and bolted it into my reg cab, used the factory holes and bolts....

If anything the front seat will be different as it doesn't need to fold forward like the rear would to gain access to storage.
I wouldn't think regular cab and crew cab are the same size? That is rear bench seat I'm referring to not front?

Old 02-10-2016, 11:25 AM
444dieselrod
Posting Guru
Yes, there all the same seat, reg cab, crew cab front and rear.... I've swapped them around, they all fit.

The ext cab seat is a different animal, the mounts are different because the floor is different. come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen an ext cab with a bench seat......

Old 02-10-2016, 11:29 AM
MtTheJeffro
Senior User
Agreed. Only real difference in any of these seats are the mounting brackets on the bottom. A regular cab seat will fit your front or back without any issues or changes.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:42 AM
Nothing Special
Logistics Pro
Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by 444dieselrod
Yes, there all the same seat, reg cab, crew cab front and rear.... I've swapped them around, they all fit.

The ext cab seat is a different animal, the mounts are different because the floor is different. come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen an ext cab with a bench seat......
Most Super Cabs have a rear bench, but yes, it's a LOT different from the Crew Cab bench seats.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Well looking at the mount holes for front vs. Back I do know the rear has a arch as in floor bracket not level. The front seems to be level. I would have to snap shot my setup but I'm sure you get the idea.

Okay so just to be clear regular cab is the same as crew cab but obviously ext cab there is no bench seat for the rear.

Guess the only difference is cab size spacing but the seats are all the same. Good to know!

Old 02-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Nothing Special
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Irish19614x4
....Okay so just to be clear regular cab or super cab is the same as crew cab....
No. Regular cab, Crew Cab front and Crew Cab rear are all the same.

Bronco front and Super Cab front are the same as each other, but different from the regular and crew cab seats.

.... but obviously ext cab there is no bench seat foe the rear?....
First of all, Extended Cab is a GM term, so if you say it we assume you are talking about a Super Cab. And no, Super Cabs do have rear bench seats, but they are completely different from anything else.

....As far as front goes any of the models will fit front but when it comes to the back I just need to ensure it was super cab/regular cab or crew cab?....
For both front and rear of your crew cab you need seats from either a regular cab or a crew cab (front or rear). Front seats from a Super Cab or Bronco will take a LOT of work to get mounted. And a rear seat from a Super Cab (or a Bronco) would be a complete miss.

edit: apparently you edited your original post after I quoted it, but it's still close enough that my answers still apply.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:22 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Okay everyone thank you for your input and sorry if I had nuked this thread but I totally understsnd now.

Eeek I mentioned extended cab referring to GM? My bad so it's Super Cab then lol.

My hunt continues for Regular Cab or Crew Cab.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:22 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Eeek I mentioned extended cab referring to GM? My bad so it's Super Cab then lol.
That's been claimed by some members, and spread around the forums. Funny thing is, GM came out with what they called "extended cab" trucks in the '80s. Ford had the Super Cab and Dodge had the Club Cab in the mid '70s ('73-'74-ish). I distinctly recall people referring to the Ford and Dodge offerings generically as "extended cab" trucks during that entire period BEFORE GM came out with theirs. I guess we were miisusing a GM term even before they coined it.....

Old 02-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Nothing Special
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by madpogue
That's been claimed by some members, and spread around the forums. Funny thing is, GM came out with what they called "extended cab" trucks in the '80s. Ford had the Super Cab and Dodge had the Club Cab in the mid '70s ('73-'74-ish). I distinctly recall people referring to the Ford and Dodge offerings generically as "extended cab" trucks during that entire period BEFORE GM came out with theirs. I guess we were miisusing a GM term even before they coined it.....
You should have copyrighted it. Then you could have made GM pay for using it!

"Extended cab" may have been a localized generic term. I certainly can't say what words everyone, everywhere used to call it. Kind of like "canopy", "cap", "topper", "shell", "camper" or "camper shell" all meaning the same thing but not all being used in all areas (and I'm probably missing others). But the fact does remain that no manufacturer other than GM ever called that style "extended cab", and Ford (who made one about 12 years before GM) has always called it a Super Cab.

Still, I'm getting soft in my old age so I will admit that all Ford guys do know what you mean when you say "extended cab" and I've "mostly" stopped correcting it. I only mentioned it in this thread because in the post I quoted (prior to it being edited) Irish seemed to be saying that he understood that a Super Cab rear bench wouldn't work, while an extended cab didn't have a rear seat. I was pointing out that they were two different names for the same truck.

Although, while I'm rambling on, I saw a thread recently where someone was talking about their SCLB F-350. "SC" means "Super Cab" to people that speak Ford and don't like typing long words, but F-350s of this vintage never came as Super Cabs. So I'm thinking they probably meant a single cab, which I think is Toyota-ese for what Ford calls a Regular Cab. So it is sometimes less confusing when everyone uses the same terms, and since this is a Ford board it might make sense to standardize on the Ford terms.

Bu again, everyone knows what Extended Cab means.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:47 PM
damarble
Elder User
Originally Posted by Nothing Special

Although, while I'm rambling on, I saw a thread recently where someone was talking about their SCLB F-350. "SC" means "Super Cab" to people that speak Ford and don't like typing long words, but F-350s of this vintage never came as Super Cabs. So I'm thinking they probably meant a single cab, which I think is Toyota-ese for what Ford calls a Regular Cab. So it is sometimes less confusing when everyone uses the same terms, and since this is a Ford board it might make sense to standardize on the Ford terms.
I made this mistake when I started a build thread for my RCLB, I put SCLB for single cab in the title. Even when you know the correct terms you can slip up.

Quick Reply: Crew Cab Bench Seat photos please!!!