1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My F-2000 to F-2015 Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 07:44 PM
vortec 1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It’s been raining here for days so I worked on getting the wiper issues figured out.
My wiper motor bolted rite into the 2015 linkage housing like it was made for it. , I needed the small wiper motor pivot arm that goes between the wiper motor and the wiper arm linkage (transmission). Never seeing what the pivot arm looks like or how it is keyed, I searched high and low (Note: that arm does come with new OEM 11-16 wiper motors but some are sold without it and make sure you get both rubber bushings) I was hoping I could use my motor if possible for my factory wiring harness. The pivot arm is not sold separately at Ford,not even pictured on diagram and they don’t recognize it. I called several Junkyard’s around the country(Good Luck with that!!!!) most don’t even know what you’re talking about and don’t want to separate the pivot arm from the motor. I wanted them to send me a picture of both sides of the motor so I could make sure I got the pivot arm with the motor and couldn’t even get that!!! Some said it goes with the transmission(it doesn’t) so I had to spring for a used motor $55 (Priceless to get the bracket!!!) Now I’ll flip the motor as is… Jeremy in Iowa was the only one to go out of his way mailto:jeremy@waterlooautoparts.com and he knew what I was talking about. I sent him a pic of what I was looking for to confirm and I had it in a few days!!! Very helpful!!!

Here is the comparison of the 2000 linkage left (transmission)and 2011-2015 transmission)right

Here are the two wiper motors 2000 /2015

Here is the new pivot arm on the left and the old one on the right and how they are both keyed.

Here is what it looked like and the two 6 inch files I used to re key the hole, take your time on this, constantly test fit. It has 4 corners and a slight curve just on one side. I laid the old one over the top of the new one and marked it with a sharpie, make sure you hold it in the right direction with the curve in the correct spot and use a sturdy bench vise. You want enough corner at all four points to hold and not slip but a snug fit. As it got real close to it fitting and I knew it was good enough to press on without damaging the motor shaft, I pressed it on with the bolt and a bigger nut.

Here is a picture of the 2011-2015 pivot arm that I modified to fit my 2000 motor, 2015 wiper transmission, all assembled and ready to be installed!!

For the final fit in the transmission housing, I removed the black boot and high temp greased motor shaft, reinstalled the boot, mounted motor with thread locker blue (medium strength) on the mounting bolts and center bolt then greased rubber bushings, installed linkage arms.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:35 AM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Thanks Rob

Old 04-04-2016, 09:14 PM
haddox19
New User
Looks great! Love the info! Cant wait to see more.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:15 AM
vortec 1
Elder User
Originally Posted by haddox19
Looks great! Love the info! Cant wait to see more.

Thanks!! Waiting on a 08 saftey hood release cable and lever and some fasteners (plastic push inns,rivets and chrome bar retainers) for my grille shell surround and inner grille assembly to assemble the front. While I'm waiting for the parts, I started de scaleing the frame from the cab back of all the loose rust,removed my hitch to inspect the frame which is in perfect shape,found that I need to replace all the emergency brake cables(it's a stick and it will leave if I leave it running)and removed my rear wire harness, sorry I don't have pic's but I will take some as I get into redoing it and redoing my leaf spring's.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:12 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
Think I'm gonna have to do my cables soon too...they like to freeze in the winter...I'm diggin' this build, maybe someday I'll have to swap mine to a 2015 to go with the bed...

Old 04-06-2016, 12:00 AM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Are you using the 2011+ wiper cowl? Is it easier to use the 2011+ wiper motor or will I have to do the same as you?

Old 04-06-2016, 08:44 AM
vortec 1
Elder User
Originally Posted by hwybee22
Are you using the 2011+ wiper cowl? Is it easier to use the 2011+ wiper motor or will I have to do the same as you?

Yes I will be using the 2011-16 cowl, you have to as it matches the top curves and the back edge of the new hood. I'm sure I could of used the new motor but I would have had to change my wire harness plug which is not a problem but there are a lot more pin connections in the new plug which are probably many more different wiper delays that my wiper selector arm doesn’t have so for me to make it seamless as possible I made my motor work in the new transmission, also the wiper arm shafts moved slightly that’s why the transmission needs replaced to match the new cowl. As I get into installing the transmission and cowl, I will post detailed pictures.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:22 PM
vortec 1
Elder User
I was able to get the upper grille support installed and finished modifying lower grill support and got it mounted and centered along with lining up the headlights.

Here is the final pic of each side at the final fit. Notice the curve to clear new headlights. I wanted to wait before I posted these till I knew the headlights would clear.

Here is what lower grille support/Headlight support looks like before being modified.

Here is what the lower grill/Headlight support looks like against the radiator support from the factory not modified. As you can see, you would have to cut a lot more for fitment (a deciding factor for me to buy the Mcnasty bracket kit) and you would probably have to get the different upper radiator support 11-16 models.

I cut the two top existing Headlight mounts off and mount the new brakets on and angle cut the back to go with the angle's of the radiator support so it will mount flush.

Here is the lower grille support/Headlight support and theMcnasty brackets after I modified it, (3inch cutting wheel)modify by taking a little off at a time until it fits.

Because I did the 2000 to 05-07 Frontend conversion before, My cheater cables for the Headlights are keyed the same and plugged rite into my 2015 headlights,I also installed the 08 hood latch.I still need to make a mount for the saftey release cable lever but I need to decide where it will work best and out of site.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:45 AM
vortec 1
Elder User
Assembled the inner grille to outer grille shell (inner/outer snaps together then grille/hood seal, but (still waiting on Hood seal in the Mail) then I’ll install the plastic rivets (Qty7) together along the top.

There are two tabs on the bottom of outer grille shell that need to be removed as they hit the frame on both sides.

Snapped chrome bars on inner grille assembly and secured with metal locking nuts (one on each end of both bars and one in the middle)also snapped in Matte black ford oval and secured with one metal locking nut. The grille shell is going to be silver with the rest of the truck and instead of the chrome C bars on each side, I may do something custom like gloss black wire mesh as a total background to go around the upper and lower chrome bars,(not sure yet) I just want subtle chrome accents.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:36 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 56 Likes on 26 Posts
It's looking nice!

Old 04-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Codyaye
Senior User
wow its really comin along looks good!!

Old 04-13-2016, 07:49 PM
vortec 1
Elder User
Thanks!!! it's getting to be real fun seeing it start to come together!!! I mounted the front bumper today to see where it landed and there is plenty of ajustment up or down so I should be able to get around the same gap as the new trucks, between the bumper corners and the bottom part of the headlights and fender edge. I started to fab both sides of the plastic cowl and pictures to follow once it fits.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:23 PM
GOT-DRT
Tuned
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Your truck is looking great & thanks for a detailed tread

Old 04-13-2016, 08:28 PM
ametzker
Senior User
Damn I should've spent the extra bucks to do the 2015. That looks damn good

Old 04-14-2016, 09:03 AM
vortec 1
Elder User
Thanks everyone!!! I’m real happy with it,!!! It still has along way to go!!!

Quick Reply: My F-2000 to F-2015 Build