cam sensor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 11:20 AM
willy j
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cam sensor wiring

I was hoping maybee someone could tell me what the part is that the cam sensor wiring goes too, I see the harness branch off to a part on the lower front of the block (kinda looks like a temp sensor) on drivers side. I appreciate any advice. Just threw a 1309 code and would like to do some homework. Thanks all

Old 02-08-2016, 05:13 PM
willy j
Senior User
dtc p1309

Originally Posted by ***** j
I was hoping maybee someone could tell me w, hat the part is that the cam sensor wiring goes too, I see the harness branch off to a part on the lower front of the block (kinda looks like a temp sensor) on drivers side. I appreciate any advice. Just threw a 1309 code and would like to do some homework. Thanks all
Well I think I might have figured it out. Cylinder head temp sensor, if so would this set off the 1309 code? I dont know, still digging

Old 02-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Franklin2
Received 1,680 Likes on 1,357 Posts
I found this; P1309 FORD Misfire Detection Monitor Not enabled | AutoCodes

What are you working on? Sounds like the cam sensor has to be setup and positioned properly or it will give that code.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:20 PM
willy j
Senior User
Originally Posted by Franklin2
I found this; P1309 FORD Misfire Detection Monitor Not enabled | AutoCodes

What are you working on? Sounds like the cam sensor has to be setup and positioned properly or it will give that code.
2000f150 v6, camshaft synchronizer is 3 yrs old (Dorman) I believe the sensor is mounted right on the top of the synch. Good thing is the synch has a lifetime warranty, is it possible that it was never positioned properly from the begining

Old 02-09-2016, 04:39 PM
willy j
Senior User
2000f150 v6, camshaft synchronizer is 3 yrs old (Dorman) I believe the sensor is mounted right on the top of the synch. Good thing is the synch has a lifetime warranty, is it possible that it was never positioned properly from the begining
Okay. Possible cause #1of the misfire detection code says faulty cam sensor, according to my sources it tells me that if I have spark then the cam sensor is fine and ignition coil is working. Cause #2 says cam sensor not installed correctly, im assuming it is since its 3yrs old and i just recently got the code. Cause #3 says to verify the cam sensor is synchronized. I cant seem to find a tutorial that can help me do that, before I continue with the next couple causes which dont sound too pleasing, I would like verify that the sensor is synched properly and im struggling with it.
Btw the truck runs great,two weeks ago I experianced a crank but no start situation for a couple days and got stranded, it eventually started and has been running since. This is why im here now. Thanks so much.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:33 PM
willy j
Senior User
I was hoping maybee someone could tell me what the part is that the cam sensor wiring goes too, I see the harness branch off to a part on the lower front of the block (kinda looks like a temp sensor) on drivers side. I appreciate any advice. Just threw a 1309 code and would like to do some homework. Thanks all
Well ive been doing alot of googling and research lately only to realize that not only was i steered in the wrong direction from the beginning by the AZ guru but I see now that I must look like a real fool now that ive proof read my posts here on this thread.
I was told by AZ that the cam sensor was mounted right on the top of the synchronizer and its not. The wiring I was wondering about literally does go to a temp sensor.........man I feel like a jack ***, sorry for wasting everyone's time though.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:27 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Don't beat yourself up too much---that's why we're here!

Honestly though I'm sure most of us have also made similar mistakes. One of my all time favorite self-created sayings is: we learn more from our mistakes than our successes.......... After all the biggest part of life is learning what NOT to do.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:31 AM
willy j
Senior User
Originally Posted by JWA
Don't beat yourself up too much---that's why we're here!

Honestly though I'm sure most of us have also made similar mistakes. One of my all time favorite self-created sayings is: we learn more from our mistakes than our successes.......... After all the biggest part of life is learning what NOT to do.
Yeah your absolutely right about that

Sent from my SCH-I535 using IB AutoGroup