1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Build/Delivery timing

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Oxford 6.7
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Got it and responded, Oxford 6.7. Once you've been on this site for 10 days and have 10 posts, you'll be able to PM me directly for weekly updates.

Crystal
Thank you Crystal, you just made my week!! You gave me the dealer eta, could you tell me the dates when it was assigned a vin and when it's supposed to enter production and ship if possible? Thanks again

Old 03-09-2016, 08:18 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Oxford 6.7
Thank you Crystal, you just made my week!! You gave me the dealer eta, could you tell me the dates when it was assigned a vin and when it's supposed to enter production and ship if possible? Thanks again
Hi Oxford 6.7,

I can't post order details publicly, but it looks like you might have enough posts to send me a PM now. Feel free to reach out, and I'll fill you in on the details.

Crystal

Old 03-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Oxford 6.7
Freshman User
Hi Oxford 6.7,

I can't post order details publicly, but it looks like you might have enough posts to send me a PM now. Feel free to reach out, and I'll fill you in on the details.

Crystal
Crystal looks like I still have a few more days before I'm granted the ability to pm members. Thank you again for helping us with information about the time line of our truck. I will try you again shortly.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:02 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Crystal looks like I still have a few more days before I'm granted the ability to pm members. Thank you again for helping us with information about the time line of our truck. I will try you again shortly.
You're quite welcome, Oxford 6.7; I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Crystal

Old 03-10-2016, 01:51 PM
losttrail
Tuned
Received 142 Likes on 89 Posts
While I did not order mine, just searched relentlessly until I found the configuration I wanted, I did find the build date of 02.23.2016.

Truck was delivered to the dealer around 03.02.2016

I contacted the dealer in Tennessee on 03.05.2016, worked the deal, drove to Tennessee on 03.07.2016 with my trade and drove my new SD home the same day.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:38 PM
Oxford 6.7
Freshman User
Originally Posted by losttrail
While I did not order mine, just searched relentlessly until I found the configuration I wanted, I did find the build date of 02.23.2016.

Truck was delivered to the dealer around 03.02.2016

I contacted the dealer in Tennessee on 03.05.2016, worked the deal, drove to Tennessee on 03.07.2016 with my trade and drove my new SD home the same day.
Congrats on your new SD! I was trying to do the same thing but could not find what I was looking for in options and colors since last August. I know you had an enjoyable ride on the way home and since you negotiated over the phone I'm sure they gave you a great deal to make the trip!

Old 03-11-2016, 06:39 AM
losttrail
Tuned
Received 142 Likes on 89 Posts
Congrats on your new SD! I was trying to do the same thing but could not find what I was looking for in options and colors since last August. I know you had an enjoyable ride on the way home and since you negotiated over the phone I'm sure they gave you a great deal to make the trip!
I had found the truck using the Build & Price tool at Ford.com and tried working out a deal with a Ford dealer ONLY 96 miles away. They said they could get the truck delivered to them AND give me the best deal I could find. I drove there on 3/4/16 to work it out but sadly they were significantly low-balling on my trade and would not work on the price of the SD very much. We were about $6K off in where I wanted to be and where they would not budge.

I figured it was just not going to happen and wasn't meant to be.

Then I got the inspiration to call the dealer in TN directly and see if we could work things out. I described my trade, 2008 F150 Lariat, Super Crew, 4x4, sent them the VIN and a couple of photos. 30 minutes later they called back with an offer that was already $2100 more than the first dealer.

GAME ON!

Needless to say, they were MUCH more reasonable to deal with, I got the deal I wanted without a bunch of hassle. Smooth, easy transaction, best car buying experience I've ever had, even with driving 384 miles each way. I'm 54 and this is not anywhere near my first vehicle purchase.

I would gladly drive the 6 hours back to TN for another vehicle if I was ever in the buying mode again. The dealership and the salesman I worked with were AWESOME!

The first dealer I worked with and our local dealer, who I also tried to enlist in this process, were far from impressive. Sadly, I will be using the local dealer for service but that's it.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:45 AM
Oxford 6.7
Freshman User
Originally Posted by losttrail
I had found the truck using the Build & Price tool at Ford.com and tried working out a deal with a Ford dealer ONLY 96 miles away. They said they could get the truck delivered to them AND give me the best deal I could find. I drove there on 3/4/16 to work it out but sadly they were significantly low-balling on my trade and would not work on the price of the SD very much. We were about $6K off in where I wanted to be and where they would not budge.

I figured it was just not going to happen and wasn't meant to be.

Then I got the inspiration to call the dealer in TN directly and see if we could work things out. I described my trade, 2008 F150 Lariat, Super Crew, 4x4, sent them the VIN and a couple of photos. 30 minutes later they called back with an offer that was already $2100 more than the first dealer.

GAME ON!

Needless to say, they were MUCH more reasonable to deal with, I got the deal I wanted without a bunch of hassle. Smooth, easy transaction, best car buying experience I've ever had, even with driving 384 miles each way. I'm 54 and this is not anywhere near my first vehicle purchase.

I would gladly drive the 6 hours back to TN for another vehicle if I was ever in the buying mode again. The dealership and the salesman I worked with were AWESOME!

The first dealer I worked with and our local dealer, who I also tried to enlist in this process, were far from impressive. Sadly, I will be using the local dealer for service but that's it.
It's amazing isn't it what a little drive down the road will do for you. I have the same thing here. My local dealer didn't want to come off any price for what he has sitting on the lot so I said have a nice day and off I went and they could have cared less. That is twice now in the past 3 years that I have been vehicle shopping with the same results from them, there must be to many people near by being taken advantage of paying sticker price.

I purchased my last new vehicle from a large Ford store out of state and got a great deal. This time I ordered fom a large ford store on the other side of town that was offering comparing deals to the previous out of state dealer but they are taking their sweet time in cutting me a check for my trade which they have been advertising on their site for the last two weeks. They didn't mind paying my credit union within 4 days but they still owe me after 2 weeks, if they keep this up I will be speaking with the manager and then they will be speaking with my lawyer.

A vehicle purchasing experience is supposed to be an enjoyable event, not one where you feal like you are being taken advantage of. I hope they are keeping in mind about their customer survey!

Old 03-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Oxford 6.7
Freshman User
It's amazing isn't it what a little drive down the road will do for you. I have the same thing here. My local dealer didn't want to come off any price for what he has sitting on the lot so I said have a nice day and off I went and they could have cared less. That is twice now in the past 3 years that I have been vehicle shopping with the same results from them, there must be to many people near by being taken advantage of paying sticker price.

I purchased my last new vehicle from a large Ford store out of state and got a great deal. This time I ordered fom a large ford store on the other side of town that was offering comparing deals to the previous out of state dealer but they are taking their sweet time in cutting me a check for my trade which they have been advertising on their site for the last two weeks. They didn't mind paying my credit union within 4 days but they still owe me after 2 weeks, if they keep this up I will be speaking with the manager and then they will be speaking with my lawyer.

A vehicle purchasing experience is supposed to be an enjoyable event, not one where you feal like you are being taken advantage of. I hope they are keeping in mind about their customer survey!
I apologize for that post sounding like a complaining session, it truly was not my intention and was relating my last experience to the prior members post.

With that said I am looking forward to tracking my new truck and hopefully having a good purchasing experience.

I have my vin, an estimated production date towards the end of this month, and an eta to the dealer around the middle of April. The window sticker still has not been released yet but I keep checking twice a day. I am looking forward to putting it to use when it arrives!

My order was placed on March 1st, how long is the average wait time everyone is seeing before the window sticker is released?

Old 03-17-2016, 08:32 AM
Oxford 6.7
Freshman User
You're quite welcome, Oxford 6.7; I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Crystal
Hi Crystal, hope you are doing well. I was just checking to see if you received my pm this past Monday morning. It was my first and was hoping it went through ok.

Thanks

Old 03-17-2016, 02:48 PM
bigc1301
New User
I think she is off. lol. I sent her a pm about mine also

Old 03-17-2016, 05:04 PM
Oxford 6.7
Freshman User
Originally Posted by bigc1301
I think she is off. lol. I sent her a pm about mine also
I thought she might be, I have not seen her post anything recently and she is always helping everyone out here on the forum. I hope she is kicking back and enjoying her vacation!

Old 03-17-2016, 05:11 PM
bigc1301
New User
Im just taking a guess but hope she is doing ok

Old 03-17-2016, 08:08 PM
Oxford 6.7
Freshman User
Originally Posted by bigc1301
Im just taking a guess but hope she is doing ok
Yes, I was hoping she was doing ok also. She is always taking care of us, from the group of us ordering and wanting to track the details of our new truck builds with excitement to our other members that are experiencing difficulties obtaining help in reparing their trucks, she comes to our rescue each and every time!!

Old 03-17-2016, 10:21 PM
Oxford 6.7
Freshman User
Alright, my window sticker came through yesterday but I was so busy that I forgot to check for it. Everything is on there just like how my son and I ordered it. It is showing a window sticker date of 3 16 16 and I believe it may go into production on 3 23 16 but I'm not sure about that. Crystal did say earlier that the shipping eta to the dealer as of now was around 4 12 16 but I know it is subject to change. I know crystal will get me straight when she returns. When my son wakes up in the morning I have some news and the window sticker to show him!! Sorry everyone, I feel like I'm 16 again myself now.

Quick Reply: 2016 Build/Delivery timing