Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Who has a plow on their F150?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 04:41 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
I'm not suggesting that anyone should go after a BOSS, just saying that seems to be in bed with them.

If you bought a 2016 F-150 with the plow prep package, I believe that BOSS would be the blade to be installed. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure of it.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:39 PM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I know your worried about buying a used truck with a plow already on it...but that's what I did. I found a used one ton with a Fisher 9 foot plow with the upper curl over piece on it for $4500. That is less than it would have cost to put a good power angle steel plow on my F150. The used truck did need to have all the fluids changed, even had to flush the differentials. But it's still cheaper than buying a new plow and I'm not beating up my nice shiny 2013...just my $.02

Old 01-28-2016, 01:06 PM
Agri-Cover, Inc.
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SNOWSPORT Snow Plows

Originally Posted by D8chumley
I just read yours is 500'. How long have you had the Snowsport? How has it held up and what's the deepest you have plowed? I prefer to have something with hydraulics up/down and power angle from the cab

Hey there. We make SNOWSPORT Snow Plows. We had quite a few customers in the big storm last week, and they've been posting videos and photos to our Facebook page if you want to see what they have to say.

Please let me know if I can help you with any questions.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:53 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to say I'm impressed. I watched the whole Starry Hilders video and I am amazed it does that good of a job. I might have to look into this, the price is right also, thanks for the links!
Edit: I'm big into reading a ton of reviews before I make a purchase any more, and the testimonials/positive reviews from people in pretty snowy regions makes me a little more at ease. Exactly what I was looking for.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:18 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Another fun fact, my son rear ended a jeep leaving school today. Wife said if it wasn't too bad to drive it home, it pushed the hood in and I can't get it open. Apparently something happened where his brakes didn't apply like they should have. Fortunately he was just leaving the parking lot and was only going 10-15 mph. We are not putting any more money into this car, and decided we would sell it as is. Wife agreed if we can get him something and just have a low monthly payment I will keep the F150. We watched a few of the Snowsport videos and that might be the route I go for the little I will plow with it. Silver linings and clouds

Old 01-28-2016, 08:51 PM
meborder
Received 365 Likes on 260 Posts
If you are willing to buy another truck, what about a dedicated plow rig?

Introducing Rusty, the plow tuck

Old, tired, beat to poo but always starts. And less than the cost of a new plow.
Just a thought... Caus thats what I did. No regrets!

Best part about Rusty is I can beat him like a red headed step child, and I don't have to license or insure him.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:04 PM
brokenleg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by meborder
If you are willing to buy another truck, what about a dedicated plow rig?

Introducing Rusty, the plow tuck

Old, tired, beat to poo but always starts. And less than the cost of a new plow.
Just a thought... Caus thats what I did. No regrets!

Best part about Rusty is I can beat him like a red headed step child, and I don't have to license or insure him.
that's what Id do. cheaper than a new plow.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:44 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
I think that a blade on the front of a four wheeler would be a blast. You hack away at the driveway and still have a four season rec vehicle to play with.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:28 AM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Mike, that would work except for a few things.
1). Mrs Chumley won't let me have another truck sitting here doing nothing. I have my truck in the garage, and the work truck sits in the driveway. Father in law has 2 vehicles ( he lives with us ) wif and son each have one.

2) The biggest issue is getting to the other family members. My divorced sister texted my brother and I Friday afternoon, can one of us check her snowblower she might need it. I was displeased at her lack of preparation, but I couldn't get there as I had my own last minute stuff to take care of. My brother went- he lives closer. Tells me later it hadn't run in over 4 years and the gas was actually brown. He did get it running for her, miraculously. This is what I have to work with, thus the need for a road worthy plow rig. With that said, do you know anyone that has used the Snowsport? I looked at all the FB posts but I've been around here a few minutes and trust the words from members here more.

Tim, I have one. It works ok but by the time I woke up Saturday morning we were already at 12"+ and that's a little much for a quad to play catch up. I couldn't get it pushed back far enough to make room for future storms so it kinda puts me in a bad situation if we get successive storms. I use it for my firewood retriever with a small Bantam trailer in my woods, and for hauling processed wood to my stacks.

Thanks for all the input so far. Lots of good info here

Old 01-29-2016, 08:35 AM
Agri-Cover, Inc.
Former Vendor
I have to say I'm impressed. I watched the whole Starry Hilders video and I am amazed it does that good of a job. I might have to look into this, the price is right also, thanks for the links!
Edit: I'm big into reading a ton of reviews before I make a purchase any more, and the testimonials/positive reviews from people in pretty snowy regions makes me a little more at ease. Exactly what I was looking for.
  • I'm sorry about your son, but glad he's OK. Good luck with finding a good vehicle for him.
  • If you want more reviews, there are tons of them on YouTube. We collected a bunch of them into this playlist: SNOWSPORT Customers in Action.
  • You are also welcome to post on our Facebook page and ask for opinions.
  • Please let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If you bought a 2016 F-150 with the plow prep package, I believe that BOSS would be the blade to be installed.
Trucks don't come with plows from the factory. Snow plow prep makes them eligible for the snow plow upfit rebate ($1000), but it doesn't matter what blade is on them. We get all our SD trucks with snow plow prep, and order a few with the plow through a truck pool with Westerns by our choice. I'm not sure where the "Ford Boss connection" is coming from to be honest. I've never heard our Ford commercial rep suggest one over another.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:47 AM
spotdog14
New User
I just read yours is 500'. How long have you had the Snowsport? How has it held up and what's the deepest you have plowed? I prefer to have something with hydraulics up/down and power angle from the cab
This is the first winter with the plow (actually first winter in the new house). So far its worked great. I haven't plowed anything very deep because I've kept up on the plowing.

Our driveway is half dirt and half crushed limestone (ran out before winter hit). It does great, when all the snow melted last week I went and raked my gravel back from where I had been putting the snow. I will agree on the hydraulics, its kind of a pain to have to get out and manually adjust it but I wanted to keep the price down and not have to do any additional wiring.

One thing I will say because this is a light weight plow is that if there isn't much snow and you are pushing straight forward it has a tendency to chatter.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:44 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Do you have the hold down straps on your plow? I'm wondering if adding them would solve the chatter. Conversely if you do, would removing them make a difference? I have several months to make a decision, I'm not rushing into this but I have the same feeling about keeping the price down. Time will tell

Old 02-10-2016, 12:37 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Nope, Can't be done.

In all seriousness, a Boss HXT would be perfect for the truck. But I do sell them....

I've had a Boss on my '91 F-150 since 2001 with great success. I've ran Myers, Fisher and Western and none were as reliable and fast as a Boss. (personal experience)

Old 02-13-2016, 11:25 AM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I want to get an Arctic Plow for mine , just need the receiver already have the plow from the 88.

I tell ya tho, it sure is handy.

Quick Reply: Who has a plow on their F150?