1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quality of the Ford spray in bedliner??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 07:46 AM
Bugzilla46310
Laughing Gas
Received 280 Likes on 151 Posts
Quality of the Ford spray in bedliner??

Looking to buy a 2016 or 17 and I will get a spray in bedliner. The Rhino liner I had put in my 2000 F250 when I bought it new is still almost as good as new for 16 years of sporadic loading and unloading. Does anyone have the spray in liner that Ford offers? How do you rate it. Not looking for ones that have been installed last week and reply "looks great". Looking for review of ones that have been utilized for several years. The cost of the Ford liner is right in line for the aftermarket ones I have priced, but I would go with Rhino again from the 16 years of good service I got from mine. One stop shopping is appealing, but only if the quality of the liner is there. Thanks for your replies.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:19 AM
KCBS Smoker
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe Ford just uses a local spray in liner shop after the truck is delivered to your dealer.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:22 AM
projectnitemare
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, the ones around here get sent to a local shop to be sprayed

Old 01-19-2016, 08:24 AM
fordman19762003
Cargo Master
Received 206 Likes on 141 Posts
Not that it answers your question but the few Tough Bed liners I've seen on lots look just as good as an aftermarket liner. I was going to order my truck with one until I saw that Ford doesn't spray the tailgate, they just put a plastic cover over it. So you are paying the same as a Line X but not getting as much done.

Unless you need to get the liner from the factory so the cost can be figured into the payment I'd have the box sprayed with the aftermarket liner of your choice.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:31 AM
Culvert
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought the truck with Ford supplied liner. I will have to ask if they know where it was done. And how can one get the tail gate sprayed with the new step & handle in the way??

Old 01-19-2016, 08:45 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If you option it from the factory it is not sprayed locally, they get delivered that way. Most dealerships don't option for it because it would add $500 to every truck. And be honest, if you were shopping online you'd see one $500 less than another, when its simply an option that can be added at any time. I see a few come in, normally from my overseas military sales units that have the Ford spray in liner and it appears to be every bit as nice as the Rhino Liner I get put in up the road. One less thing to hassle with if you're doing an order, if I were buying a truck for myself I'd go ahead and get the factory to do it for me.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:29 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
I have the Ford factory spray in liner in my truck...................

It's the ONE option I would not order again. Almost 3 years old, been used from scrap to firewood to almost anything. It still looks good in almost everywhere. Except where I damaged a spot on the r/s fenderwell with a generator frame. Did this before the truck had 1000 miles on it. The generator was vibrating against the fenderwell and ate the liner right down to the metal.

My dealer has no idea how to fix it. Just for that reason, I would have the liner done locally if I did it over. Screw up your Rhino or LineX--just take it to the dealer that sprayed it and have it fixed, no problem. Damage the Ford one and you're screwed.

Just my .02

Old 01-19-2016, 12:33 PM
snelldawg
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The factory sprayed liner has a 3/36 warranty, Line-x has lifetime, maybe Rhino does too. My Line-x is 4 years old and still looks new.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:09 PM
fordman19762003
Cargo Master
Received 206 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
I have the Ford factory spray in liner in my truck...................

It's the ONE option I would not order again. Almost 3 years old, been used from scrap to firewood to almost anything. It still looks good in almost everywhere. Except where I damaged a spot on the r/s fenderwell with a generator frame. Did this before the truck had 1000 miles on it. The generator was vibrating against the fenderwell and ate the liner right down to the metal.

My dealer has no idea how to fix it. Just for that reason, I would have the liner done locally if I did it over. Screw up your Rhino or LineX--just take it to the dealer that sprayed it and have it fixed, no problem. Damage the Ford one and you're screwed.

Just my .02
this here is the reason to go aftermarket. I damaged the liner on the tailgate of my truck being careless when loading a tree stand. I took it back to where it was sprayed and told them what happened, they still fixed it at no charge even though it was from abuse.

If you have the factory tailgate step I think your only option is to use the Ford supplied plastic cover.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:20 PM
sammy77
Postmaster
I had the factory liner on my last truck. It seemed a thinner than the Line X and Rhino Liner I had in the past.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:28 PM
craigcountyktm
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Culvert
Just bought the truck with Ford supplied liner. I will have to ask if they know where it was done. And how can one get the tail gate sprayed with the new step & handle in the way??
You can get a blank panel ( metal) from Ford and remove the plastic cover and handle. The actual step remains. The gate can then be sprayed, this is what I did. You will need a bolt kit if you go with the panel idea

Old 01-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by snelldawg
The factory sprayed liner has a 3/36 warranty, Line-x has lifetime, maybe Rhino does too. My Line-x is 4 years old and still looks new.

The Ford 3/36 warranty would be great "if" they knew how to fix it....................And wouldn't cover "damage" anyway. I was willing to pay the Ford dealer to fix mine, the truck was a month old. They told me they don't know how.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:40 PM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,490 Likes on 1,301 Posts
Buy a can of the black spray stuff from your hardware store.

Flex Seal Original - Large Can: Deck Waterproof Sealants: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific Flex Seal Original - Large Can: Deck Waterproof Sealants: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I used something like this on my bed of the truck that was line-x. I wanted to seal the seams a little better to stop the dust from coming in and it worked great and hasn't worn off even after using the truck bed like it was meant to be used.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:50 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Ford spray-in liner is the same quality as the others. Meaning they will hold up the same, and can be damaged the same. No spray-in bedliner is bullet proof.

Although Ford's application of the spray-in is different. It's done by robotics, not by hand.

A Ford dealer that doesn't know how to get it repaired (warranty or not), is just being lazy. There is a dedicated website, phone support, and email provided by Ford to all dealers just for factory spray-in liners.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:32 AM
MadWolf
Tuned
I Got the spray-in liner, and then I instantly purchased the big rubber bed mat with "FORD" on it, from the dealer, to throw on top of it too, so nothing can gouge the floor, at least. That rubber bed mat is really thick.

I watched mine role off the truck, it was definitely sprayed at the factory, or at least before it shipped, not done local.

Quick Reply: Quality of the Ford spray in bedliner??