Sponsored by: DP Tuner

New Batteries from Costco

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 11:51 AM
Rikster-7700
Fleet Mechanic
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by binuya
Unfortunately, too many people don't get this. Who do they think, pays for it?
That's the issue, they just don't care a lot of the time! Not only does this behavior increase prices but it also makes it harder on people with genuine returns, think of the hoops you have to jump through at some establishments just to return an item. There has been a proliferation of the ME complex here of late, screw everyone else as long as I am ok and can save a buck here or there.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:33 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,106 Likes on 2,167 Posts
welfare mentality.

"as long as i don't have to pay for it, i don't give a damn"

Old 03-08-2016, 05:38 PM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was finally able to take care of this today. Semi-resolved. New replacement batteries issued. They are charging properly.

Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Take it back.

My Costco is extremely customer friendly and wouldn't blink. Hope yours is the same way.

Stewart
The Costco in S'burg SC is super customer friendly. I have not been inside one yet that isn't...which is a credit to how Costco does business.

Originally Posted by El_Coqui
My humble recommendation sir, as an employee of where you purchased the batteries, is take them back. Don't worry about trying to calculate dates purchased or tryin to chare them. Just take em back and get 2 fresh ones. I did the same thing at the start of last year.

A lot of people get nervous of feel bad taking stuff like that back...feeling like they are doing something wrong but don't worry. You should see some of what I've seen come back....or listen to my wife's stories from her time at the refunds desk....some people have no shame to their game

Go get the new ones man and return the old ones
Thnak you for your reply.

Well, I feel bad because the lady behind the returns desk gave me a core return refund, on THIS set, when I had already received it shortly after purchasing the first set. I even talked to the returns manager and HE didn't get it. They both stated that they did not want to get a "highlight"; whatever that is....it must be bad. I suggested to them that if they got a highlight for paying $30 more in core refunds than they were supposed to, to please contact me and I would return the money.

What should I do?

Originally Posted by Tugly
That's the attitude that leads to everybody else paying higher prices for everything. I have my own personal tenet: Be honest, and treat everybody the way I expect it back. The universe has this same rule - it's called Karma.
The above effort was a driven by the same tenet, a healthy respect for the power of the universe, and finally a proactive effort called "Bad Karma Avoidance"......

Originally Posted by tjc transport
same here Rich. i consider that theft of services.
Yep!

Originally Posted by binuya
Unfortunately, too many people don't get this. Who do they think, pays for it?
Yep!

Originally Posted by Rikster-7700
That's the issue, they just don't care a lot of the time! Not only does this behavior increase prices but it also makes it harder on people with genuine returns, think of the hoops you have to jump through at some establishments just to return an item. There has been a proliferation of the ME complex here of late, screw everyone else as long as I am ok and can save a buck here or there.
It is called "Narcissism"!

Old 03-08-2016, 07:55 PM
SRBF150
Laughing Gas
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
I just picked up a pair of these batteries from Costco last weekend. They sure work a lot better than the 8yr old interstates they replaced! The 42 month warranty is a nice bit of reassurance.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:35 PM
snknby123
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What type of charging setup do you have if you don't mind me asking? Just curious, as I my old equipment ain't cuttin it anymore.

Old 03-13-2016, 05:46 PM
trekbasso
Posting Guru
I just wanted to say thanks for this thread, very timely. I will probably go to Costco tomorrow for 2 batteries.
I bought my Motorcrafts new in Jan 2010. 1st one went away 2 1/2 years later, warranty replaced it. I figured next would go pretty quick, it didn't. Still kicking, but not liking colder weather and not plugged in. Glow plug on time almost killed it last week. Was overnight somewhere without electricity, and 10-12*. Glad I replaced glow plugs last year.

On the replacement thing, agree not good to abuse system. Most places only honor first replacement, at least my experience. They also tend to load test and won't replace if still okay.

And very true, "Kirkland" is only a brand name, they don't make, they have made.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:41 PM
trekbasso
Posting Guru
Two new Interstates it is, from Costco. Date codes are both L5, and both have stickers saying 3/16. I was told that was when they were filled. Either way, I am happy with them. No choice anyway, last two on shelf, no reason to wait and see if more were hiding somewhere.