1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Crozzymoto's 67 Highboy Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 09:15 PM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah I would have ran my back an up to the cross member but my muffler is in the way so had to make my shorter. The big round mounting bracket got off ebay with TTF on it comes with nuts& long studs. I could have made one but did not have the time then.
Orich

Old 01-25-2016, 06:39 PM
crozzymoto
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by orich
Yeah I would have ran my back an up to the cross member but my muffler is in the way so had to make my shorter. The big round mounting bracket got off ebay with TTF on it comes with nuts& long studs. I could have made one but did not have the time then.
Orich
Thanks for all the help so far Orich. I'll will definitely be utilizing something similar for my transfer case.

I finished cutting out the floor pans and most of the cab mounts.

Drivers side

Passenger side

Old 01-28-2016, 08:18 AM
Nitro1168
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Can you post a couple more pictures of front cab corners. I'm in the process of making patch panels and yours has more there then mine. Thank you, Eric.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:25 AM
crozzymoto
Junior User
Originally Posted by Nitro1168
Can you post a couple more pictures of front cab corners. I'm in the process of making patch panels and yours has more there then mine. Thank you, Eric.
Yeah sure thing. I'm in school right now but I'll throw some up when I get home. I'm not going to practice today so it'll probably be around 3:00 or 3:30.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:00 PM
crozzymoto
Junior User
I hope this is what you were looking for.

Drivers side

Passenger side

Also got my cab mounts pulled

Old 01-28-2016, 09:33 PM
Nitro1168
Mountain Pass
Thanks Crozzy, that's going to help. I got to make that channel piece where the fender bolts on also front door jam. I have a 72 highboy from a fire department it had lights on the roof, bumper winch and Radio intercom. Was you truck from a fire department to? Thanks again Eric,

Old 01-28-2016, 09:54 PM
crozzymoto
Junior User
Thanks Crozzy, that's going to help. I got to make that channel piece where the fender bolts on also front door jam. I have a 72 highboy from a fire department it had lights on the roof, bumper winch and Radio intercom. Was you truck from a fire department to? Thanks again Eric,
Sorry for being late, I'm headed up to my familys camp right after school tomorrow and organizing an expedition of me and 10 of my friends has been very stressful the last few days haha.

As for the truck, anything more I can do to help I glady will. If you need more pictures just say the word and where you need them from. I think my truck may have been some sort of emergency vehicle at one point. It has holes in the roof where I think a flashing light bar like on police cars was. I don't know much about the truck except the last owner had it in Nebraska and owned a small engine repair company.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:08 PM
Nitro1168
Mountain Pass
Yeah it's probably from a brush truck from a fire department. your not by PGH. are you I'm about 25 min.north of PGH. I don't know anyone around me that has old ford parts

Old 01-29-2016, 05:17 AM
crozzymoto
Junior User
Yeah it's probably from a brush truck from a fire department. your not by PGH. are you I'm about 25 min.north of PGH. I don't know anyone around me that has old ford parts
That's what I was thinking, some sort of brush truck or maybe a forestry vehicle. I actually am about an hour north of pittsburgh. Near butler. If you have ever heard of moraine state park then you know about where I am. I've been to the canton swap meet and also parts-o-rama and neither place had more than 2 people selling ford stuff, and almost none of that was older.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:34 AM
Nitro1168
Mountain Pass
Yeah I live in Wexford so I'm about 20 mins from butler. Do you know Zane from butler I bought a few things from him. Do you know any other people who has parts I need right fender and door.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:12 AM
crozzymoto
Junior User
Yeah I live in Wexford so I'm about 20 mins from butler. Do you know Zane from butler I bought a few things from him. Do you know any other people who has parts I need right fender and door.
I don't know anybody with any parts sadly. I've looked on craigslist quite a bit but parts seem to be pretty rare around here. I found a truck a guy was parting out but most of the panels he had for sale were repos.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:13 AM
crozzymoto
Junior User
If I do find any though I'll let you know

Old 01-29-2016, 12:03 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by crozzymoto
I've been to the canton swap meet
Ya, that is roundy-round heaven!! Not many Ford parts to be found. I used to live just a couple blocks north of the fairgrounds. Now I'm about 15 minutes north.

There isn't much anything around here for bumps. There is a guy locally that goes to Texas to buy beds and bring them back. Not sure if he would do a cab?

Old 01-29-2016, 03:37 PM
Nitro1168
Mountain Pass
Freightrain, do you have an idea how much the guy sells the beds for?

Old 02-09-2016, 07:16 PM
crozzymoto
Junior User
It's been a little while since the last update so I figured I better not wait any longer. While I was at my camp with my buddies my dad cut out all of the bad metal on the rest of the floor and welded in the passenger side floorpan. I spent most of the day Saturday cutting out more bad metal and making patches to weld in on the floor and the rocker area. I discovered that the crossmember under the cab was rotted pretty bad on the driver side and was full of dirt. Cut, weld, repeat.

Passenger floorpan

Drivers side cut out

Some of the crap in the cab support. Surprisingly only in the drivers side.

Quick Reply: Crozzymoto's 67 Highboy Build