1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

We lost Arrowheadfred

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 06:17 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 762 Likes on 373 Posts
We lost Arrowheadfred

I saw this in another thread and felt it needed its own thread.

Originally Posted by KOMBILOVE
Guys,,,
I havent been here for a long time,,,too many cars,,too many projects...kids,,wife...work and so on..but still healthy and strong.
Some of you perhaps got to know ARROWHEADFRED, real name Dale Kent.
You might know or perhaps many still not aware that DALE passed away last year.
I used to chat with him,,as he was stationary in Scotland at some point in his army time.
He had a girlfriend and i did try somehow to track her down,,,but sadly did not succeed.
It was a real shock to loose such a helpful friend...a family man.
He sold me the radio grill for my f1...and the radio blank panel...
Sadly,,we are not going to have him here sharing his tales and adventures..neither is valuable contribution to us all restoring or mending our trucks..
Please for those who may have not seen the yellow F1 Avatar up here...please share this post with other friends who might not know Dale's fate.
RIP my friend...and thank you for your kind help..
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
Emanuel
kombilove
London UK
I sure enjoyed Dale's posts. He seemed to have great fun taking his truck to spring break and winding it up over 100 mph.
Another great guy lost to us.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:55 AM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rest in piece dale, you'll be missed!

Old 01-11-2016, 08:16 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Wow. I had no idea. He was posting seems like just a few weeks back? Loved his posts and he was always ready to help another FTE member and im sure that reflection showed in other apects of his life, even though i never met Dale I feel like ive lost a great friend. And FTE lost another great member.
Keep the speedometer over 100 mph and a big smile on your face.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:58 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
I learned about it a few months ago after another FTE member (who was FB friends with him) saw his daughter posted about his death. But I didn't feel comfortable mentioning it in public. RIP old pal. I really liked him. He might have only had one leg, but there was nothing wrong with his right foot and that speedometer, LOL. He seemed to be a nice guy, and he obviously spent a lot of time with his mother fishing. I wonder what happened to that truck? Anybody seen it?

Old 01-11-2016, 09:07 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,130 Likes on 2,655 Posts
This definitely comes as a shock, wondered at times why he hadn't been posting, now I know why. May he rest in peace..

Old 01-11-2016, 10:27 AM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
I was just reading the "how did you get your username" thread posts and came across his post. I thought that it had been some time since he posted but folks on this forum do come and go over the years. Sad to hear about his passing, he did add a bit of color to the forum and seemed like a stand up guy. I was a member of the HAMB for years prior to finding the FTE forum and I recall seeing that ARROWHEADFRED had joined the HAMB...he wasn't there long before he was banned however, it seems he did not have a problem calling out some of the trolls and they didn't like it. That was Dale...never afraid to call it like it was. RIP

Old 01-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This news about Dale our Arrowheadfred friend is saddening. I enjoyed reading about his exploits with his beautiful truck. Rest in peace.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlieLed
I was a member of the HAMB for years prior to finding the FTE forum and I recall seeing that ARROWHEADFRED had joined the HAMB...he wasn't there long before he was banned however, it seems he did not have a problem calling out some of the trolls and they didn't like it. That was Dale...never afraid to call it like it was. RIP

I remember when that happened. It was a hoot!!! Basically, as we all know, the guys on the HAMB can be really crotchety and they don't care a bit to flame somebody if they deviate from the established model year ranges they want to discuss. If I recall correctly, Dale got on there and said he needed something for his late-60's Mustang. They attacked him, and he fought back and spoke his mind. LOL. He then came over to FTE and told us all about it.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:49 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,440 Likes on 1,390 Posts
Dale was definitely one of a kind. I always enjoyed his stories. I found this for him online. Apparently it was quite some time ago. RIP friend. Thoughts and prayers to friends and family.

Mr. Dale D. Kent, 52, of Kinard, FL, passed away Saturday, June 27, 2015, at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL.
Dale was born on March 18, 1963, in Hartford, AL. He lived in the Oak Grove Community in Calhoun County for most of his life. He was a retired pipefitter, plumber and welder. Dale attended Haney Vocational School for plumbing but his specialty was in welding. He proudly served in the United States Navy for four years. Dale was a loving son, father and grandfather; he enjoyed spending time with his two grandsons. He also enjoyed fishing on the Dead Lakes and restoring antique vehicles. Dale had a passion for Indian artifacts and had an extensive collection of Indian Arrowheads.
He was preceded in death by his father, Leo Edward Kent; stepfather, Robert Keel; and a brother, Randall Kent.
Survivors include his mother, Delphia Kent Keel, of the Oak Grove Community; two daughters, Ashley Tarantino and her husband, Stephen, of Kinard, and Haley Kent of Wewahitchka, FL; two brothers, Darrell Kent of the Oak Grove Community and Rex Kent and his wife, Ann, of Bristol, FL; two sisters, Brenda Sumner of Tallahassee, FL, and Wendy Deckerhoff and her husband, Emerson, of Quincy, FL; and two grandchildren, Branton Tarantino and Jace Kent.
The family will receive friends Tuesday, June 30, from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm (CDT) at Peavy Funeral Home Chapel. Memorialization will be by cremation.
All arrangements are under the direction of Marlon Peavy at Peavy Funeral Home in Blountstown (ph. 674-2266).

Old 01-11-2016, 01:46 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, I don't know what to say, im in shock. I haven't talked to Dale in a while, but when He was posting here on a regular basis we had some personal conversations about things that I will keep to myself. He was a wonderful Man that loved and enjoyed his family ,plus we all know that he built an awesome truck. Im numb and sad at this point, and will pray for Him as well as his family.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:33 PM
KOMBILOVE
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dale kent

Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
Wow, I don't know what to say, im in shock. I haven't talked to Dale in a while, but when He was posting here on a regular basis we had some personal conversations about things that I will keep to myself. He was a wonderful Man that loved and enjoyed his family ,plus we all know that he built an awesome truck. Im numb and sad at this point, and will pray for Him as well as his family.
I was in shock too,,,i knew he was going to the hospital and asked for prayers..
such a loving family man,,,,he loved his grandson,,,,and the whole family..
he built the f1,,he had another f1 and also a mustang,,
its very sad when good people pass away....
it took me a while to get out of shock,,,
i really liked him,,,very helpful member here..
wish a happy new year buddy and look after yourself.

f

Old 01-11-2016, 04:57 PM
KOMBILOVE
Freshman User
trucks

Originally Posted by Doc
I learned about it a few months ago after another FTE member (who was FB friends with him) saw his daughter posted about his death. But I didn't feel comfortable mentioning it in public. RIP old pal. I really liked him. He might have only had one leg, but there was nothing wrong with his right foot and that speedometer, LOL. He seemed to be a nice guy, and he obviously spent a lot of time with his mother fishing. I wonder what happened to that truck? Anybody seen it?
The family will keep the cars,,,the f1 yellow,,the f1 green and the mustang..

Old 01-11-2016, 05:00 PM
KOMBILOVE
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Harrier
I saw this in another thread and felt it needed its own thread.

I sure enjoyed Dale's posts. He seemed to have great fun taking his truck to spring break and winding it up over 100 mph.
Another great guy lost to us.
hi,,i wrote that last night as i was browsing here when i spot his avatar ..the yellow truck,,he was so proud of that,,,he sent me a magazine ,,they featured it in,,,
so,,,i thought not many here knew his fate...
great guy,,will be dearly missed//

Old 01-11-2016, 07:26 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Man, I sure hated to read of Dale's passing. He sold me the carpet kit for my truck and even sent me a picture of his yellow F-1 that I have hanging in my garage. I'll be sure to remember him from now on every time I see that picture and enjoy the carpeting in my truck. I hope they have F1's in heaven for him to ride around in.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:52 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
R.I.P. Dale.

Quick Reply: We lost Arrowheadfred