2015 - 2020 F150 Discuss the 2015 - 2020 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts
View Poll Results: Tell us what you think in the selections or in your own words.
Totally happy and would do it again
76.32%
Should have waited till 2016 for new changes
7.89%
Should have waited for the 10 speed transmission
5.26%
I hate the 2.7L ecoboost, should have chose another
0%
I hate the 3.5L ecoboost, should have chose another
2.63%
I hate the N/A 3.5L, should have chose another
0%
I hate the 5.0L, should have chose another
0%
I hate the aluminum body
2.63%
Didn't have all the options I wanted
2.63%
I don't like the new packaging scheme, I liked the 2014's better
13.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Tell us what you think:

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 05:04 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Tell us what you think:

A fun poll with no judgement. I'm interested in what you think about your 2015/16 truck. Would you do it again? What would you change if anything?

Please indulge the community with your thoughts.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:51 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
I voted "Totally happy and would do it again". Really like the truck so far, and suspect it will perform all that I ask of it well.

Of course there are a few options I would have preferred. I was looking for a 302a truck with the MyFordTouch and heated seats, but the deal happened to be on the 301a truck I ended up with. Don't regret the decision as I saved $4K by going this route, but if the price difference were more reasonable I would have gone with the upgrade.

I also REALLY wish the AWD transfer case was an option in the lower trim levels.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I sell em, so of course I like them. But I also both sell trucks on purpose, and sell Fords on purpose. This wasn't some in between job that happened to work out for me, and I did not grow up a Ford fan boy! (actually I'm a Rambler guy and have a soft spot for old Mopars).

If you haven't driven the new truck you ought to. It's so phenomenal compared to the 2014 in driving dynamics. I do wish there was a manual, but I don't think it would make any sense to offer one. I would buy a brand new model T and use it daily if Ford still sold em too (my Fiesta S is about as close as I'll get). I think the only real issue was the frame supplier problem, but that's been resolved and I'm looking forward to a great year!

My dream 2016 would be a 100a RC 8' Bed base 3.5 and tow package w brake controller. I just don't need a brand new pick up for my little farm this year when I can keep getting the rotten trade ins and get farm exemption tags for them. Might by a Transit Connect in the next year or two though, wish they made them here, or at least NAFTA.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:21 AM
Phillip123
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Totally happy and would do it again!

Old 01-05-2016, 09:50 AM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
I'm very impressed with my truck and would buy another if something happened to it. What I don't like is the option packaging. To get the LED headlights requires going to a Lariat with a luxury package option at a minimum. It should be a stand alone optiion. The standard headlights are better than expected though. When I looked at 2014s, the better headlights and leather were options on an XLT. I would have liked for Ford to continue to offer them on the current generation.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:21 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts
I voted "Totally happy and would do it again", but I would add like some of the others that I don't really care for the way some of the options are packaged. I've got an XLT with the 301a package, and there are a few things that I would have had to pay too much to get, like the leather seats and the LED headlights.

I wasn't willing to pay the $6K premium to get a Lariat that would have allowed both leather seats and the LED headlights.

My dealer offered add-on leather seats for $950, which I opted for, and I'm glad I did because when I compare the seats I got versus the ones I see in a Lariat, I think I got the better deal. That and I got the seats in a color I wanted instead of the mono-color that would have been in the Lariat.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:58 AM
j.grif
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I would do it again, 3.5 ecoboost and all, I test drove a lariat w502a, but there was nowhere near the rebate money, found a listing for this 2015 xlt that had enough of the specific options that I considerd must have, max tow pkg, 302a, tailgate step, sport appearance pkg, and a couple of options I could live without like nav and the twenties and the fx4 pkg, got a very good deal combining x-plan and almost 6000 in rebates. This truck rides almost exactly like my old truck, possibly because of the twenties and fx4, the ride is still very acceptable, handling is sharper. Towing will have to wait. I have three or four hand calculated fuel stops, average looks like it will fall around 18 mpg, for a vehicle with this capability, I am happy!

Old 01-05-2016, 03:22 PM
FX4ALL
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I came from a loaded 13 Raptor, followed by a loaded Lariat F250, to a 2015 XLT Sport 301a. Thought it was the 'right' truck when I bought it, but now I'm wishing it had more options. Sometimes wish I'd of gone with the 3.5L Eco instead too.

In reality I never should have sold my Raptor! It was the perfect truck for me. ..damn women.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:15 PM
CuNmUdF250
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^^^ ouch I'd love to have a Raptor to rich for my blood though if I could find a decent mileage one for reasonable price I'd buy it but alas it's not to be even used with 100k miles still fetch $35k

Old 01-06-2016, 06:12 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
None of the above. I'm not totally happy, but much closer to that that "hate XYZ". Well, maybe I really dislike the nav system. As I've said before, I've owned two other nav systems, and both were head and shoulders above this one. It needs a joy stick rather than just touch.

And, I'd like better MPG as the 17.6 I've gotten isn't what I'd expected. But, the power is everything I expected, and maybe more. And, with the current price of gas, the $/mile cost is probably every bit of as good as I expected. So, I like the truck.

Would I buy it again? If the 2016's have a much-improved nav system then I could have waited. But, we took it to St Louis for Christmas and it handled the atrocious driving conditions like a pro. So, I'm glad to have it and enjoy driving it. And, I wouldn't have added any other options - there basically weren't any to add.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:24 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
My truck is a base model 2011 XLT. The only thing I find myself wanting is a rear window defroster.

Some other things that i wish Ford would just do from the factory is provide better rear wheel well protection, add a high quality spray in bed liner to every truck, include the long range fuel tank standard and in the case of the 2016 KR that I drove yesterday, put more thought into the years of ingress/egress and how that wears on the seat stitching.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:30 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
The seat stitching thing is big. Fortunately the KR and Platinum have the step, but the other models may not. And the tendancy is to slide out, which really stresses the edge of the seat and, particularly, the stitching. Go look at older trucks and you'll see what years of that do to the seat.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:01 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Perfect for our needs.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:59 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
The seat stitching thing is big. Fortunately the KR and Platinum have the step, but the other models may not. And the tendancy is to slide out, which really stresses the edge of the seat and, particularly, the stitching. Go look at older trucks and you'll see what years of that do to the seat.
Excellent point! It's another reason why I think that the running boards should be standard (to get your butt up high enough so you're not sliding on/off the side). However, I just found a configuration of a 2016 Lariat that deletes the running boards unless you add the "Limited" package for $1895 (or there abouts).

Old 01-06-2016, 08:10 PM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,363 Likes on 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
I completely agree with your point. The seat in my 2012 with running boards has a lot less wear on it at 4 years old than my 2004 without running boards did at that age.

I'm planning to buy a new Lariat this summer. I am on the fence as to whether I want to go with the fixed running boards again, or upgrade to the ones that are retractable.

Quick Reply: Tell us what you think: