2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150 08 Lift/Mod Should or Should not

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 01:05 PM
bebomn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 08 Lift/Mod Should or Should not

Hello guys I am new here, came across this website doing lots of research trough google and said: "I should become a member". I really apologize for this thread since I know this probably has been asked thousands of times but I seriously need different opinions.

I have an F150 08 4X2 4.6L v8 with 80-90k Miles. Super Cab with Lariat Rims. DVD system and regular seats.

I was thinking if its was worth due to engine and been 4x2 to do the following:
1.Raptor off road decal (Cuz I like it)
2.Lift it, But I don't know how I was thinking 3" front and 3" rear because I like the truck to be Leveled but I don't know it that would be the correct way to do it or 2" front and 1" rear, I got no idea.
3.Front Grill Guard
4. Tail Light guard
5. roof lights (The one u see mostly on tow trucks or Macks
6. Double exhaust just for the sound of it.

So I guess if its worth it to do it due to the trim is not really that strong and also if yes, How should I lift the truck 3" all around or 2 front 1 rear, Or w.e makes the truck look high but leveled.

Again apologize for posting this if it was already posted, or if posted in the wrong place.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Montana_Rig
Junior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bebomn
Hello guys I am new here, came across this website doing lots of research trough google and said: "I should become a member". I really apologize for this thread since I know this probably has been asked thousands of times but I seriously need different opinions.

I have an F150 08 4X2 4.6L v8 with 80-90k Miles. Super Cab with Lariat Rims. DVD system and regular seats.

I was thinking if its was worth due to engine and been 4x2 to do the following:
1.Raptor off road decal (Cuz I like it)
2.Lift it, But I don't know how I was thinking 3" front and 3" rear because I like the truck to be Leveled but I don't know it that would be the correct way to do it or 2" front and 1" rear, I got no idea.
3.Front Grill Guard
4. Tail Light guard
5. roof lights (The one u see mostly on tow trucks or Macks
6. Double exhaust just for the sound of it.

So I guess if its worth it to do it due to the trim is not really that strong and also if yes, How should I lift the truck 3" all around or 2 front 1 rear, Or w.e makes the truck look high but leveled.

Again apologize for posting this if it was already posted, or if posted in the wrong place.
Don't do the Raptor decal. It's the same as having a V6 Mustang and slapping Cobra badges on it. Everyone will know it's not a Raptor, and it will make it look like you're a poser. (Sorry, not trying to be harsh, but that's the attitude I've seen people give with phony Cobras. Can't imagine it would be much different with a truck.) On top of that, there's more to the appearance of the Raptor than just the decal, and your truck will very obviously stick out as not being a Raptor.

Other than that, go for it on everything else! I don't know for sure, but I think a 3" lift kit will level your truck too... I'll let someone else chime in on that.

Grill guards and tail light guards can look really nice. Roof lights aren't my cup of tea, but it's your truck, so have at it! Dual exhaust will sound nice, and might even net you a few more ponies under the hood.

Really, the only things I would recommend you NOT do to your truck are try to pretend it's something else (like a Raptor). Lift kits, grill guards, exhaust, etc... Those all have function, either in performance or just making it look the way you like it. You obviously like the truck, hence why you bought it... Embrace it for what it is, and enjoy the ride!

Old 01-04-2016, 01:49 PM
wrvond
Cargo Master
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts
You know what? If you like the Raptor decal, stick it all over your truck if you want. Seriously! What I wouldn't do is place it where an actual Raptor has it. Maybe put it on your rear window, or something like that. You are much less likely to get laughed at that way.
Lift - gotta decide if you want a body lift, a suspension lift, or both.
If you do a suspension lift, and want to do it right, you are going to have to deal with driveline angles and steering linkage. With a body lift, all you are doing is lifting the body with spacers between the frame and body. Three inches is very doable for a lot less money than a suspension lift. You'll want bigger tires to fill the wheel wells, of course.
Grill and light guards are easy bolt ons.
Roof lights aren't too hard either. You'll likely want LEDs.
Dual exhaust - no reason not to. Just be careful how you do it. You don't want one pipe hanging lower than the other, that just looks silly.
As for value, or worth, these mods are not going to add any value to your vehicle other than what value you derive from it. Personally, I think the less a person has invested in the purchase price of a vehicle the more fun they can have modding it.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Derrick Perez
Junior User
Here is a link to a truck with most of what you mentioned, to give you an idea of what it looks like.... Leveled, 3" Body Lift & 35s (Pics Please) - F150online Forums

I would say do whatever you want that will allow you to enjoy your truck more..i do agree putting raptor decals is a little strange if its not a raptor, same with putting any decals that isnt true about your truck, but it does look good...but you can find decals similar to the raptor but are a little different on Ebay...i almost went with one thats a little different but ended up doing my rocker panels black and put a custom Ford F-series decal on my bed, ill add a pic so you can see..

and the cab lights you see on heavy duty trucks you can also get on ebay for about 50$..
as for a level kit, it will allow for bigger tires but wont really give you much of a lifted look, but looks nice with bigger tires..you can also go with a level and body kit with will give you the lifted and level look you talked about, but will definitly require bigger tires to look right, and probably wheel well gap guards also..

Old 01-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Derrick Perez
Junior User
Heres also a link for a leveling kit post... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...eling-kit.html

Old 01-06-2016, 02:20 AM
garrett_8
Senior User
are you talking about the actual raptor logo or the mud like decals

I agree if it says raptor it wont look good, as far as the mud decals not exactly my cup of tea but to each his own

Old 01-07-2016, 05:23 PM
bebomn
New User
Hi Fellas,

Sorry I was waiting for email notification that I got replies but seems I didnt enabled that option. Thanks all for your opinion really love it and it shows love from you all for new members. As for the raptor decal I wasnt thinking of putting the word raptor but just the mud thing. Which I know it comes from raptor but It wont say anywhere "Raptor".

Originally Posted by wrvond
Roof lights aren't too hard either. You'll likely want LEDs.
I was researching for those, they are even easier to install than regular ones.

Originally Posted by Derrick Perez
Here is a link to a truck with most of what you mentioned, to give you an idea of what it looks like.
dude as in beautiful truck

Originally Posted by Derrick Perez
Heres also a link for a leveling kit post... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...eling-kit.html
Thats the post it got me into this forum But I am not an expert on it, even tho i went trough all posts I still have the same question lol

As far as the truck been 4x2 is what is keeping me down, normally you would mod a truck that has all powers...although I am not much into off roading I still like the way they look, So i'll be doing it more for hobby than for other stuff.

Again appreciate everyone's post, some people might think no one reads all post, I want you all to know I read every word you guys typed. Thanks a lot

Old 01-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Derrick Perez
Junior User
Yea even though its a 4x2 i would say go for it if you have the money and it will allow you to enjoy your truck more..and a leveling kit or body lift...or both, is relatively cheap compared to a full suspension lift...same with most the mods you want to do arent too expensive and make a huge difference in the way the truck looks..

2.5" in the front would make it level and bigger tires would make it look nicer, at least 33"

2.5" in the front and then a 3" body lift would make it look lifted and level, and would probably need 35" tires to make it look right, as well as maybe wheel well gap guards..