Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

2016 Annual B.S. Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 06:45 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Sean, do you remember the early truck meets? I was talking with a co worker who loves Pagliacci Pizza. It got me thinking about the earlier meets we did. The Bridal Trails where I first met Ben and John, Jameson even made it. Then we met someone at the Brooklyn Pizza join in Seattle once. I don't even remember who that was... I remember trying to parallel park the Bronco, that was a trip!

Then, this one..

That one was kind of a crapshoot I spent a few hours just sitting in that spot. That was Burgermaster... good food though!

It's actually been a few years since we started doing the meets!

Old 01-20-2016, 06:53 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Haven't had Pagliacci in forever.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:55 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Haven't had Pagliacci in forever.
I haven't since that meet long ago. Wouldn't mind trying it again, I do remember the pizza was super expensive... we went to the Bridal Trails one.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:13 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Yep I do recall those days.

Sean

6.0L Tech Folder

Old 01-23-2016, 06:45 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
@Yahiko Here is the truck thread about lighting I was referring to last night. Some cool stuff.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...iat-build.html

Old 01-25-2016, 01:53 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Shop vac the bottom of the door. You will probably find glass for a long time either way.
Oh I know.. I'm not looking forward to it either.

Its in though.

I don't have a shop vac, my mom retired an old house vacuum to clean our cars so I used that. The handle attached to the hose is too big to get to the very bottom but I got a majority of it. It was tough to install, I've never installed glass before so I swore a lot and from the sounds of it, I probably came close to breaking the glass.

I did discover that the remaining lubricant I swiped from a dumpster at my old job works perfect for windows. a door hinge lube in a spray can. Its some old stuff and I'm surprised it has anything left to it. I need to see where to find another can.

EDIT: found it! Wurth HHS-K lubricant. Its an adhesive lube, when sprayed on a chemical evaporates to basically stick lubricant to whatever you are working on. It made my window move much easier. Next time I open the Bronco tailgate, I'll be trying this stuff too.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:58 PM
EDC8008
Fleet Mechanic
Received 359 Likes on 131 Posts
I had to replace the tailgate motor in my Bronco, let a friend drive it and he did something to it. Was going to pull it to California for this job then back yo OP but the rear flange bolts on the drive shaft wouldn't come then found the radiator is crap so it sits in the other houses yard till I get back in 2 months. Oh and found the cause of my vibration, one of the bolts is missing in the driveshafts front flange. Life is grand.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:21 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
EDC- where you located? Plenty of places here in Kent to get bolts for the drive shaft. Maybe put some loctitie on there too.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:56 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I used some Grade 8 bolts for my drive shaft the 12 point ones were toast.

Does the radiator have a hole in it?

Old 01-28-2016, 10:32 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Filled up the truck with Fuel today. Covington Costco is at $1.79 a gallon for 87.

Found the coolant leak in my car today as well. A sensor under the distributor is leaking at anything above 5psi. Part will be here Saturday but installed likely on Monday.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:39 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
You guys recall that Snap On scanner I had on Ebay?
It's available locally do to the flake I ran into on Ebay.

PM me if you want to talk about it.I make a better price for FTE members.
Snap On Scan Tool Solus EESC310

That O-ring I put in sure fixed the issue. Still running smooth.

Sean

6.0L Tech Folder

Old 01-29-2016, 01:05 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
That's eBay for you. Bunch of scammers ruin it. Wife sold a brand new Polo watch shipped it, id10t received it and said broken want refund without returning. Watch came back in original new condition.

Check the LED thread for a picture with the dome lights I picked up.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ssistance.html

Old 01-29-2016, 02:47 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
I looked the other day when you posted. Don't forget I do still get the alerts.

Did you use that RTV on any electrical> If it has acetic acid in it then you
will be replacing connections soon. The acid that is used to cure the RTV
will corride brass/copper connections.

Your so right about the clowns that have ruined Ebay. The seller that lists
something for $ 0.01 with $300.00 for the shipping when it really would
only come out to be about $15.00 UPS.

I should post the messages for you all to look at.

Sean

6.0L Tech Folder

Old 01-29-2016, 05:51 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Progress in the lock for the f150 has been kind of slow.. the window is in and working, the locks I bought are wrong. What else is new. I thought they looked strange but I trusted the parts guy too much. Went to have it rekeyed and it was the wrong lock. They had one in store but of course charge more for it. I bit the bullet and bought it, I need it done. The new one, I probably could have rekeyed at home.

Anyway, my niece was over yesterday so I couldn't get time to finish it up, last night (28th she was over that afternoon) I woke up a bit early and didn't feel like sleeping so I went ahead and got the handle removed and popped the lock out. As easy as it was, I hate Ford even more. They put a tiny nut on the far side of the door handle and made it almost impossible to reach. A long extension and a universal joint made it possible but it wasn't easy.

By the time I got it all loose and removed it was time for work, but when I get home it shouldn't be too long till its done.

I've got big plans this summer and none of them involve hanging out with friends, girls, or any "around the world" trips... I've got a large shed to build, a fire pit, and my Bronco. I've never built a shed before so it will be interesting to say the least.

On that topic, at the meet you guys were discussing electric drills, I will be needing an electric impact drill when I do this shed thing. I figure I should buy a nice one that will survive the ordeal and last me a long while.
I've got my corded DeWalt, and a battery powered plain Jane drill, an impact would be real nice for lag bolts and stuff. Any recommendations?

Old 01-29-2016, 12:09 PM
Maverick68F100
Senior User
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
...I will be needing an electric impact drill when I do this shed thing. I figure I should buy a nice one that will survive the ordeal and last me a long while.
I've got my corded DeWalt, and a battery powered plain Jane drill, an impact would be real nice for lag bolts and stuff. Any recommendations?

I have a Craftsman cordless impact drill I've used for the 10 years or so. Its a 19.2v Li-ion and has decent power. Other than replacing batteries every 3 years, its worked like a dream. I've built decks, sheds, garage shelving and some closet inserts with it and its done it's duty and never let me down. Are there better ones out there? Sure, but for the price, the Craftsman has done all I've ever asked of it.

Quick Reply: 2016 Annual B.S. Thread!