1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

FTE is a gift in itself all year, every year.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 05:33 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
FTE is a gift in itself all year, every year.

Obviously family, friends, and faith are usually the best parts about the holidays. The giving of gifts is always so heart warming, which Brings me to the purpose of this thread. There is rarely a day that I don't check in and reap the gifts that are so freely given hear on FTE. If it were not for the knowledge, inspiration, motivation, and help that I receive every time that I log in. I would have never in a million years got anything done to, or on my truck. I know that I have said it B4, but the fact that folks here on FTE so freely share the skills that it in many cases took them a lifetime to learn just blows me away. I think we would all agree that this site is a very special place, and that doesn't just happen by accident. Each and everyone of the members contribute to this very special place, and for that I thank you all for another year of schooling, friendship, and enjoyment. Happy Holidays and may God Bless.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:59 PM
toby tough
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Jim, FTE rocks. Too bad the rest of the world isn't like this forum. It would certainly be a better place. Thanks guys and gals, and Merry Christmas.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:39 PM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks Jim 3 days to xmas

Old 12-21-2015, 10:03 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
ATTA BOY JIMMY! Your contributions are an inspiration. I'd be honoured to have you as a neighbour! I'd even let you borrow my snow shovel. Have a Merry Christmas my friend.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:25 PM
Aus56
Elder User
Well said Jim, as usual it is good to see you cheerful and upbeat. It is interesting what you say about this forum. I only have experience with an early Honda 754 forum and they also were a good bunch. People often comment about poor experiences on other forums. I have spoken to my mechanic friend from time to time about things I have read on here. He is dubious about forums. He occasionally goes to Camaro or Corvette forums if he is looking for something perhaps obscure relating to cars he is working on. His expectations are not high however and he tells of some really strange (stupid?) responses to peoples questions.

Yes it is interesting and instructive reading the various threads here and encouraging that people are generally friendly and interested in helping no matter how silly or basic, or tough, a question may be. As with many things internet, you may get some variety of opinions or experiences, but because of the depth of experience friendliness and helpful attitude of many here, you will normally get pointed in the right direction to solve your problem.

I hope you all have a very enjoyable and safe Christmas and New Year.

Last edited by Aus56; 12-22-2015 at 04:03 AM. Reason: To clarify the opening paragraph.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:26 AM
F1 Mike
Tuned
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Very well said. I have only been here for a short time but have already experienced the generosity of the FTE members. This is truly one of the best forums. Thank you everyone!

Old 12-22-2015, 08:18 AM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Right on Jim, and thank you for your always positive attitude.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-22-2015, 09:52 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,422 Likes on 1,378 Posts
Jimmy, you are an inspiration in more ways than one. It's a pleasure to help people who are so accepting of the words and put them to good use. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, my friend.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Wayne Waldrep
Elder User
Sneaking in the back door is...ME......Been missing you guys more than I miss the truck. Good to come in and read a good post by Jimmy!!! Thanks for the post and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Wayne

Old 12-23-2015, 05:24 PM
JimG1098
Fleet Mechanic
Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts
As alwys Jim, great to hear from you. Yes, this is a good place to be associated with.

Have great holidays

Old 12-23-2015, 05:45 PM
filthy6
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JimG1098
As alwys Jim, great to hear from you. Yes, this is a good place to be associated with.

Have great holidays
I made a careless purchase of a Ford truck. It mocks me daily. With only the patience and help of this forum I think this will be just another funny story I tell people at car shows after I drive myself there in my favorite ill-advised truck. Thanks to all and MERRY CHRISTMAS, Matt

Old 12-24-2015, 02:32 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Merry Christmas Jim!

Old 12-24-2015, 07:27 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Thanks for another upbeat post Jimmy. Yours are normally encouraging and positive.

Merry Christmas, my friend!

Old 12-24-2015, 09:35 PM
ZOOT
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Jim, and all the best for the new year. FTE is a special place. A few years ago when the economy was in the toilet, many of us lost jobs, had to close businesses, or let good people go, this was a great support group. Everyone was understanding and very supportive of each other during some difficult times. There were even "funds" offered to guys in a jam.
Funny I was just on HAMB, and there was a running argument about what is a "traditional build" and how anyone " pushing the envelope" would be pushed off the site. OT threads are frowned on in general as well. It's not always like that, but OT posts here are welcomed like an old friend sharing an experience we all can relate to. Not trashing HAMB, just saying FTE is like family. Sure there's always a key board cowboy around, but they are can't get many to butt heads with on FTE, most of us are not into that and that makes it a great site. Happy Healthy New Year FTE

Old 12-25-2015, 08:18 AM
pweng1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Merry Christmas to all and I agree with most here about the quality of supporters here. We have a great bunch of experienced friends here . I hope I can do my part to help others as you all have me. The best of luck to you all in 2016

Quick Reply: FTE is a gift in itself all year, every year.