1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

parts resources

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 09:31 PM
GoldCo
Laughing Gas
Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Question parts resources

"my" truck is still snowed-in in a field until spring () but i had a friend (police officer) run the VIN so i at least know it is clear and i can soon start the paperwork red-tape to officially make it mine.

in the meantime, i'm putting build ideas on paper and starting to make a list...

wondering what are the best places for parts and whatnot for these old trucks? so far i've rec'd catalogs from LMC trucks, NPD, and dennis carpenter. there should be the official repair manual from ford (reprint) under the christmas tree -- what else do i need?

any websites (other than FTE) i should know about?

thanks!

Old 12-20-2015, 12:16 AM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldCo
"my" truck is still snowed-in in a field until spring () but i had a friend (police officer) run the VIN so i at least know it is clear and i can soon start the paperwork red-tape to officially make it mine.

in the meantime, i'm putting build ideas on paper and starting to make a list...

wondering what are the best places for parts and whatnot for these old trucks? so far i've rec'd catalogs from LMC trucks, NPD, and dennis carpenter. there should be the official repair manual from ford (reprint) under the christmas tree -- what else do i need?

any websites (other than FTE) i should know about?

thanks!

Let me start by Welcome you to FTE...

What year is it? Model? Pics! What type of truck are you trying to do (Stock, resto mod, hotrod, ratrod, exc)?

Old 12-20-2015, 12:34 AM
GoldCo
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Moe Craig
Let me start by Welcome you to FTE...
What year is it? Model? Pics! What type of truck are you trying to do (Stock, resto mod, hotrod, ratrod, exc)?
thanks...

'52 F3
it will be a mellow restomod with some custom touches, setup primarily for camping and mountain biking here in CO.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:59 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Welcome! You have gotten off to a great start with a solid looking truck, a build plan, and a clear title path. The next step would be to know about widow-makers. Our very own Bob Jones has collected some very useful info at his site: Welcome to Fat Fendered Trucks . In addition, FTE member truckdog is the resident expert who has coutinues to track down usable alternative wheels and lend advice to new owners. Beyond that, you'll likely need to have the brake shoes relined as replacements are not reproduced. Another new friend will be FTE member Chuck of Chuck's Trucks Chucks Trucks LLC., Ford Truck Parts and Restoration, Chuck's Trucks, Chucks Trucks

That's all I can offer, that smarter folk will be around soon. Enjoy!

Old 12-20-2015, 11:14 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Welcome to FTE!

You should order a catalog from Classic Haulers. While you can find all their parts on their website, it's sometimes helpful to have the catalog in front of you. They are very easy to work with and very knowledgeable about our trucks.

Home - Classic Haulers F-1 Parts

http://classic-haulers.com/catalog.php

(877) 252-1948 or (317) 421-0005

Old 12-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
that's great start... Just a heads up... Most parts are remade for F1's but most body parts are the same between the f1s and f3s, Don't be afraid to ask if other parts work. We have a few people working and finished f3s. Is that a FORD script flatbed? more pics when you get a chance is great! Keep us informed on your progress and all.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:21 PM
GoldCo
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Moe Craig
that's great start... Just a heads up... Most parts are remade for F1's but most body parts are the same between the f1s and f3s, Don't be afraid to ask if other parts work. We have a few people working and finished f3s. Is that a FORD script flatbed? more pics when you get a chance is great! Keep us informed on your progress and all.
thanks...

yes, apparently it is a script bed, but i don't get to keep it. the friend that is giving me this truck (found abandoned on his new ranch property) also has a '54 that belonged to his father, so he wants the bed for that. not a huge deal for me, as i'll be looking for some customization on my own flatbed.

he referred to it as a script bed, but i don't see the script in the rear like others on here?

Old 12-21-2015, 01:04 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome to FTE, the site to be your home site for sure. Here are links to a few other reputable vendors. 1948-1956 | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts
Sacramento Vintage Ford
Classic Truck Parts - Free Shipping @ Speedway Motors

Old 12-25-2015, 06:52 PM
GoldCo
Laughing Gas
Thumbs up thanks, Santa!

Last edited by GoldCo; 12-25-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: image rotate
Old 02-29-2016, 07:22 PM
1953FlatJohn
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello GoldCo... Have you had any luck running down that missing door locally?

Old 02-29-2016, 08:42 PM
GoldCo
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by 1953FlatJohn
Hello GoldCo... Have you had any luck running down that missing door locally?
I haven't found "the" perfect door yet, but yes I've found a few locally that I could probably make work... you buyin' or sellin'?

Old 02-29-2016, 09:03 PM
1953FlatJohn
Freshman User
I was going to pass along a 1952 Ford Truck stock #1213 I saw on hotrodgarage.net under the PARTs heading. Being parted out in ND. I bought a truck from them last week. I was not sure how hard spare doors are to get. My truck getting delivered in a couple weeks.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:20 PM
old_dan
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The guys recommending Classic Haulers are pointing you in the right direction.

Also...Dennis Carpenter for a lot of reproduction parts.

If you want a new bed, I highly recommend Northern Classic Truck in Michigan.

Dan

Old 02-29-2016, 10:36 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
If your ever in Salt lake ive got a door with your name on it.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:34 AM
mike.rogers
Senior User
Welcome to FTE, I'm new at this but I'm using both LMC and Classic Hauler. Plus watching craiglist and ebay. I've made one big swap meet over the weekend and picked up some great small parts cheap. I'll be making a few more for sure.... Good luck on your parts and congrats on the find, thats a nice looking old truck.

mike

Quick Reply: parts resources