6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Robbed by Ford

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 09:46 AM
slangvel
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robbed by Ford

Well I am on my rant again about Ford. Let me say at this point that my dealer and the service techs thus far have been very good at trying to fix my truck. So far its a no go. First it was a DEF problem, they thought so, then it was a glow plug issue, then it was something else, now I am told its a transmission module.

I have a 37 year old daughter in AZ that had been battling cancer, last operation was early this year, when I seen her I told her that I would be there for Christmas this year as we had not had a Christmas together for a long time, and that I was going to bring along my beloved dog, that she misses. The dog is also my helper as I am a disabled veteran.

Edited by Max

Last edited by Maxium4x4; 12-19-2015 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Rant lawsuit
Old 12-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,382 Likes on 2,081 Posts
I left your post stand as edited, read our User Guide. Sorry you are having problems with the dealer getting you off on a trip to see your daughter, we have Crystal here from Ford Service that can look over your situation. Nothing would stop me, I can leave the truck behind, did you have a good talk to the Owner of the dealership to get a vehicle while your truck is in the shop?

Old 12-19-2015, 12:42 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
They rent cars and trucks. Go, and have a great holiday with your family. Worry about the truck next year.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:54 PM
slangvel
Cross-Country
I just came back from the dealership, 2 techs came in this morning to work on the truck it was supposed to be corrected. I got about a mile down the road, engine light back on, they said go ahead and drive it, thats not going to work.
I took out a new premium warranty about 95K I have 103K on it now. I have been very understanding of the dealership.

I have mentioned these issues in another thread on this forum, one of the respondents said they should give me a loaner, well guess what they do not give loaners out.

Old 12-19-2015, 02:26 PM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Sorry about the troubles your are having with your truck.
As others said, put your efforts into finding a way to get out to visit your daughter. Where there is a will, there is a way.....
Unfortunately, none of us can fix your truck.

It sounds like the dealer is trying. Get Crystal to help get a Regional Tech involved.
Best of luck in a bad situation.

Old 12-19-2015, 03:06 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
I would check on a rental car. If it is,a long distance get the unlimited mileage. We have done this when diesel,got,very expensive a few years back and still had a great time. Went to hotel instead of Rv.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:18 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,003 Posts
I would be taking the truck to a different dealer that is certified to work on the 6.7 specifically.

Inquire before you do.

They should be reading the codes, following the pin point tests for the codes. Sounds like they are not.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:28 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have the Ford ESP and my dealer gives me a loaner if any repair is going to take over 4 hours. Has only happened once and they supplied the loaner. Got home with it and got a call that the truck was done.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:09 AM
suzuki0702
Elder User
My dealer gives me a loaner if my repair is gonna take longer than 5 mins........ You need a new dealer that can actually repair a modern diesel

Old 12-20-2015, 09:47 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Reading back through your recent posts, you have experienced a lot of trouble with your truck this year. Might be time to trade it for another brand. Your local Ford dealer does not seem to be able to properly support your truck. I wouldn't own a Ford without a good local dealer.

Bruce

Old 12-20-2015, 07:05 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,563 Likes on 730 Posts
A lot of these responses will change with knowledge of just what you have. I believe you posted that you have a 2011 truck with 103,000 miles on it. I would not expect a dealer to give me a loaner for a 5 year old truck out of warranty.

Any loaner would come from your extended warranty.

None of us like to take our trucks in for repairs. But any vehicle as it ages is going to start to have a few problems. The trick is setting aside a slush fund to cover those unexpected repairs and finding a dealer that can effectively trouble shoot and fix any problems that we might encounter.

I don't think Ford has robbed you as you titled this thread. But rather that you have a dealer that does not have techs that are up to speed to diagnose your problems. I can understand smaller dealerships not having enough stalls or techs to get customers in quickly or even the problem of being able to send them to all the classes that Ford has available for them to attend. I'm fortunate that the dealer I use, has 5-8 diesel techs. They get me in usually with a day's notice and usually call telling me what the problem is that same day and unless parts are hard to come by, Usually have my truck back that day or the next.

But to be honest with you, other than just routine service type of work, My 6.7L trucks just have not been making any visits to the dealer.

If your extended warranty covers a loaner truck, I'd be asking for that loaner and make the trip to see your daughter. Get a commitment from your dealer that he has the talent on staff to fix it and will get to work on it, or make the decision to roll the truck down the road to a dealer you believe does have the talent needed. At 103,000 miles you are out of Ford warranty other than what you purchased as an extended warranty, So you might have the option of using a Ford dealer or a speciality diesel service center.

Good luck with your trip and as others have suggested the truck can be fixed later.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:16 AM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honestly, rent a car, take a bus, hich hike, ask to borrow a friends car, ask to have a friend drive you, call a family member and have them pick you up, buy a $500 beater, steal a school bus......like was mentioned before, if there's a will there's a way.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:36 AM
slangvel
Cross-Country
Thanks for all the comments, I am almost there. When I get to my destination, I will go more in detail of my posting, suffice to say that there is a lot of experience on this forum, and that is what I was looking for. The truck issues seemed be be a cascading series of things failing.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:59 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by slangvel
Thanks for all the comments, I am almost there. When I get to my destination, I will go more in detail of my posting, suffice to say that there is a lot of experience on this forum, and that is what I was looking for. The truck issues seemed be be a cascading series of things failing.
Hi slangvel,

I want to jump in here and see what I can do to help. Tell me more about the symptoms you've been experiencing and your truck's model year; I'll start researching options for you.

Crystal

Old 12-21-2015, 10:44 PM
slangvel
Cross-Country
Thanks for the interest Crystal. I just got to Arizona from Chicago and when I get a chance to use my grandsons computer I will send the VIN and as much other information I can remember. My truck work paperwork is not with me. Hoping that with my VIN that will be a start. Only so much I can do with my smart phone. Again thanks. Dave
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi slangvel,

I want to jump in here and see what I can do to help. Tell me more about the symptoms you've been experiencing and your truck's model year; I'll start researching options for you.

Crystal

Quick Reply: Robbed by Ford