North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Official NCFTE Spring Fling

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 01:12 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm with you on that. The group sight is the way to go.
I'm all about us putting a good ol' BBQ together, and I'll make a batch of my beans

Old 01-20-2016, 02:10 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to the almanac April is supposed to be cooler and dryer than normal. And May is supposed to be normal temps but wetter. Now that's long range weather forecasting from the internet farmers almanac so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm almost inclined to go with the April dates. The trails will still be fresh. Might be a little chilly at night.

Let's give it a week or so and see if either of those dates work better than the other.

I also vote for the group campsite. I can split the cost of the reservation with you Josh if that helps.

I have a decent sized generator that would power Tony's RV or whoever needed it could use it.

Will we need to bring our own wood to burn? I have plenty.

Old 01-20-2016, 03:46 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
According to the almanac April is supposed to be cooler and dryer than normal. And May is supposed to be normal temps but wetter. Now that's long range weather forecasting from the internet farmers almanac so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm almost inclined to go with the April dates. The trails will still be fresh. Might be a little chilly at night.

Let's give it a week or so and see if either of those dates work better than the other.

I also vote for the group campsite. I can split the cost of the reservation with you Josh if that helps.

I have a decent sized generator that would power Tony's RV or whoever needed it could use it.

Will we need to bring our own wood to burn? I have plenty.
That's a firm NEGATIVE on carrying your own firewood to a state park. Due to infestations of certain bugs and diseases in firewood, it has been requested that you only pick up, or saw wood in the state park ( and no chainsaws, hand only). The other option is to purchase, pre-packaged\approved wood that is marked by the US forest service (or something).
NCFS - Use Local Firewood

Old 01-20-2016, 06:11 PM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I doubt I'll be able to make it. I'm aiming for August as far as having the truck done and the trailer ready to head for OBX.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:22 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
I doubt I'll be able to make it
Come on man. You don't need your truck or rv. That escape will get you there no problem. It's not even two hours away for you. Bob is making his beans man.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:11 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Come on man. You don't need your truck or rv. That escape will get you there no problem. It's not even two hours away for you. Bob is making his beans man.
Which one are we talking about that's less than two hrs. away? I could probably do a day trip if it's that close. The old Ranger would make that trip...

Old 01-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by fuzzy1626
Which one are we talking about that's less than two hrs. away? I could probably do a day trip if it's that close. The old Ranger would make that trip...
The place we're currently looking at is Badin Lake Group Site, that'll be where the saturday cook out would happen.

Here are the GPS coordinates, just because :
35.451096, -80.071782

The road is Badin Lake Rd.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:18 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Just checked rates, thinking of dragging the jeep down, in case anything breaks. U-Haul is 55 per day. So with tax and insurance I think it'll swing about 200 for the weekend.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:48 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Benztechnc
Just checked rates, thinking of dragging the jeep down, in case anything breaks. U-Haul is 55 per day. So with tax and insurance I think it'll swing about 200 for the weekend.
When I checked with Uhaul, they told me they didn't rent car trailers

Old 01-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by ubereal2
When I checked with Uhaul, they told me they didn't rent car trailers
I've rented car trailers from them before. Some offices don't stock them, others may just not have them. But they do rent them, I checked online on their website.

Old 01-26-2016, 04:51 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
First of all, put me down for the weekend. Let me know what I can chip in to help with the funding.

The last time I rented a U-Haul trailer was quite hilarious. I had to go to Georgia to pick up the daughters car. I rented the trailer here as not chancing being able to find one down south. Seems the F-450 wasn't big enough to pull their trailer but the F-350 was. Software Glitch...lol. Dealer called and got it straightened out though.

Be Good!

Old 02-04-2016, 07:21 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Quite a few views in the regional meets forum but seemingly little interest so far.

Seems we have maybe ten showing interest here.

I'm working on being able to edit the first page to update information. If that doesn't work I'll start a new thread with actual dates and campsite info.

Any votes for a date?

April 15-17
Or
May 13-15

Old 02-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Quite a few views in the regional meets forum but seemingly little interest so far.

Seems we have maybe ten showing interest here.

I'm working on being able to edit the first page to update information. If that doesn't work I'll start a new thread with actual dates and campsite info.

Any votes for a date?

April 15-17
Or
May 13-15
I'm still voting for April. I've got a lot going on in May, with an old friend coming into visit for a couple of weeks, and then June I have to go down to FL for a wedding (not mine).

Old 02-05-2016, 01:35 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
I really don't care what the date is, near as much as what the weather is going to be.
If we get a cold snap, or cool and rain, I'll be at home. That weather just about makes be a cripple. I won't be able to move,, and will, be on pain meds that turn me into a Zombie!

Old 02-05-2016, 03:54 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
I'm still good for April.

Can't predict the weather so that's three votes for April.

Anyone else?

Josh is there still group camping open for that weekend?

Quick Reply: Official NCFTE Spring Fling