Working trucks/daily drivers

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 04:40 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi all,

Looking at a thread form the world of bumpsides, showing their trucks still out working, it made me wonder how many of you guys still use your dents for daily driver duty or use them for work. Currently, mine has a bit of firewood in the bed.

Let's see em!

Fender flares (ick) gone now, hence different bed and fenders.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:05 PM
Steven@nd
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not quite daily driver, but it's our second vehicle and I use it around the farm to haul and pull some trailers.

When we get busy on the farm this spring it will be a daily driver...

https://youtu.be/1t6mDor3D8I

Old 12-17-2015, 05:09 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Great looking truck.

I am eventually going to paint mine ford blue (a little lighter than yours). I really think these trucks look good in blue. I like your exhaust too.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:34 PM
Steven@nd
Elder User

I like the blue as well... would rather have white on the cab, but oh well. Thanks for the compliment on the exhaust, it sounds pretty good for having short pipes. I actually drove this truck throughout the years, starting when I was about 14 years old... 1995 or so. Belonged to a neighbor that was a good friend. I also have his 51 IH L-120 pickup. High sentimental value in both and I hope to keep them a long, long time.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:53 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
I may make the area of the cab where yours is light blue, white. Just not too sure how good it would look without a little bit of trim to separate it. My truck has none, and will have no shiny stuff, save for the mirrors and the bed cleats.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Blue and White
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine works hard when needed... on this day it helped clean up tornado debris on 300 acres of frozen farm fields. I recruited a volunteer to drive the truck and I ran the little loader. With a lot of volunteers we ran laps all day... sideboard and fill the trailer heaping full of junk, take it to the burn pit, empty it and repeat. It also worked hard helping by brother in law re-do his house and garage... building materials in, junk out for 6 months worth of weekends. We like having it around as backup for DD's... plus I love to drive it on weekends. All in all an important member of the family.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:23 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
You need a hard working truck to keep up with your Samaritan Purse work. Keep up the good job Blue n White.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:32 PM
410 Highboy
Senior User

Hope this comes through

My truck is a daily driver

Old 12-17-2015, 07:52 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 410 Highboy

Hope this comes through

My truck is a daily driver
Whaddaya know, we both have the same grille!

Old 12-17-2015, 09:20 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
You have to love the simple to use Advanced Search option that lets you find all kinds of old threads. But nothing wrong with a new thread...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...s-at-work.html

Old 12-17-2015, 09:45 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
DD my 76 while I was in high school, and now I DD it when I'm home from college.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:02 PM
Jeremy Kamutzki
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mine got worked/used as a daily driver for a year right after getting it, but then unfortunately had to take her spot in the driveway with the important task of keeping the area of driveway under her mostly free of snow. When I'm in school (now) I drive my TDI Jetta because it's so terribly practical, but when I'm not.... (In the summer), my truck gets to play. This picture is of it right at the end of last summer... 500km drive from Sudbury back to Cambridge with 11 Canoes and a very full bed of outtripping gear and staff's personal gear from the summer spent working with Coldwater, leading canoe trips in Temagami. I figured it was total about 3000 lbs, and my 2.73 rear end had a real hard time with it, combined with an engine that I discovered (from this drive) was not running exceptionally well. Did not quit on me though.

On a sidenote, mum's minivan really came in handy before I got the truck... I sure put that thing to work.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:44 PM
EP145
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is my daily-driver, I got tired of having a truck payment and still having problems and having to fix it so I built my 73 100 with a fuel injected 351 Windsor and an AOD transmission. The truck originally started out with a four speed manual 360 fe with no power anything. Now it has the automatic with power steering, hydro boost brakes, vintage air conditioning and power door locks.

I've 10,000 miles since January including 4 trips, it's nice turning the key when it 29 degrees outside and it starts every time.

The final plan is to have medium metallic blue below the chrome and white on the top. I could go on all night posting pictures I love driving this truck.

This is in January right when I got it back on the road. The Ford plate was the one I had on my 64 Ford during high school in the late 80s.

First trip to El Centro Naval Air Station to see a friend.

Next trip camping, when I took this picture I was wondering how many times the truck went camping in its life.

Same camping trip being used as a jungle gym, my daughter was the only girl and I think she was probably the toughest one there. Oh by the way she did help daddy put the engine in and work on it.

Here's the truck actually working, I picked up this truck in El Centro it was a repo that sat for 7 years and was finally released, it's my parts truck because it's rust free. I've already changed the bed and upgraded to having a gas door so I can actually fill it without it spilling gas all over the side of the bed.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:27 AM
Ranger1975
Freshman User
My DD to high-school everyday. It also still can flex

Old 12-18-2015, 12:40 AM
fordcrzymike
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My 79 is currently my daily driver. I also have a 97 F-150, but I haven't even started that truck in almost a month. There's nothing wrong with the 97, I just like my 79 better.

I use the 79 to haul firewood around the farm, check fence, and it very often has a 4 wheeler in the bed.

Quick Reply: Working trucks/daily drivers