6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

LED light bar choice Ridgid or Rough Country

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 08:33 PM
EricRom
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED light bar choice Ridgid or Rough Country

Looking to add a light bar and possibly replace my fog lights with LED's. I really like the Rough Country kit with 2 30" single row led bars that comes with a mounting kit to fit in the top and bottom of the grill. Also looking at the Ridgid 20" E series dual row or the curved RDS model (not sure there is a mounting bracket for the curved model like there is for the straight bar for in between the tow hooks). I can buy the 2 30" light bar kit plus the a 20" bar from Rough Country for almost the price of the Ridgid but want the best product for my truck. Pics and experience with both products would be helpful. Thanks
I have a 2014 F350 King Ranch.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Wizness
Senior User
I've heard rough country are good but don't have any personal experience with them. I looked at their grill light bar as well. I have ridgid lights on my truck now for about 2 years with 0 issues. I also know the ridgid warranty is awesome. Can't go wrong with either.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:46 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
I have the 20" Rough Country in the bumper opening. Really like it so far. I'd love to side by side compare it with a Rigid to see how they match up. But I don't have any buddies crazy enough to drop $650 on a light bar. I've only had the bar on the truck for about 2 months so I can't offer much for a long term review. I will say I use my high beams at every chance I can now, and hate having to turn them off. The extra light is great.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:17 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,185 Likes on 569 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
I have the 20" Rough Country in the bumper opening. Really like it so far. I'd love to side by side compare it with a Rigid to see how they match up. But I don't have any buddies crazy enough to drop $650 on a light bar. I've only had the bar on the truck for about 2 months so I can't offer much for a long term review. I will say I use my high beams at every chance I can now, and hate having to turn them off. The extra light is great.

Sure you do Scott. He just lives in MA and hasn't had time to meet up yet...

Here's my thread on my 20" Rigid install. First page has pics of the install. Last page has pics of the light output.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...installed.html

Before spending more on a double row bar, see in person what a single will do. You may find you don't need any more than a single 20".

Old 12-14-2015, 11:13 AM
LaxPlaya21
Posting Guru
You should consider Baja Designs for both LED bars and LED fog replacements.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:49 PM
AzBlueOval
Senior User
I believe the Rough Country bars are Totron bars, just rebranded. I say this because I put a Totron bar in my bumper & used the Rough Country mount, & it fit PERFECTLY. Plus, comparing the two, the watts, lumens, dimensions, they were identical. Having said that, I like it. I also have a 40" Totron on my RZR (for a few years now) not one issue.

I found my Totron 20" for the truck on ebay for about $90. I liked that over Rigids price.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:59 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
My rigid duallys are 3 years old and still going strong and they have crazy output.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:27 PM
brmccolley
Senior User
Check out my gallery for photos of installation

I used a rigid mount for my bumper mount (but that doesn't make my $90 eBay 20 LED light a rigid light).

Also, 54" curved flood/spot Rough Country with a pair of 6" flood/spot Rough Country alley lights. No issues.

See gallery photos...

Old 12-14-2015, 08:37 PM
EricRom
Junior User
Decided on the Ridgid 20" E2 series combo light with the Ridgid mounting bracket.
E2 20" - Combo Surface White Black | Rigid Industries
It's over 11,000 raw lumens.

And decided to replace the fog light with the D2 SAE compliant with Ridgid mounts
LED Lighting | Rigid Industries[0]=field_optics%3a4230

Also picked up the upfitter switches from my father-in-law's dealership.

Not sure if I will tackle the install myself or pay a local shop to install everything. Looking forward to brightening up somethings a bit.
Thanks for the help from everyone also I got a great deal through AutoAnything with 20% off my entire order.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:56 PM
Wizness
Senior User
Originally Posted by EricRom
Decided on the Ridgid 20" E2 series combo light with the Ridgid mounting bracket.
E2 20" - Combo Surface White Black | Rigid Industries
It's over 11,000 raw lumens.

And decided to replace the fog light with the D2 SAE compliant with Ridgid mounts
LED Lighting | Rigid Industries[0]=field_optics%3a4230

Also picked up the upfitter switches from my father-in-law's dealership.

Not sure if I will tackle the install myself or pay a local shop to install everything. Looking forward to brightening up somethings a bit.
Thanks for the help from everyone also I got a great deal through AutoAnything with 20% off my entire order.
Stuff isn't hard to install at all just time consuming. I was gonna get rigid fogs but decided to do hid fog lights instead..it was cheaper and they are VERY bright. Just another option to think about.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:20 AM
EricRom
Junior User
Originally Posted by Wizness
Stuff isn't hard to install at all just time consuming. I was gonna get rigid fogs but decided to do hid fog lights instead..it was cheaper and they are VERY bright. Just another option to think about.
I just wanted be able to run my fogs legally while driving, that why I choose the SAE fogs.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:29 AM
System
Prolocutor
Eric, not sure if you looked at my thread but one thing I did on the install was tie the bar into the high beams with the Rigid supplied relay. I didn't need to use their harness or switch at all. I powered the relay/light bar with one of my upfitter switches. I used the Ford factory pass through wires behind the brake booster to get the power from the upfitter to the relay. Then I tapped the high beam feed behind the driver side headlight to trigger the relay. It was a very easy install and now the bar can come on with the high beams if the upfitter is on but I can still have the high beams work without it for my annual state vehicle inspection.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:03 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
I think these pictures say at least 1000 words.

(low/high/high with the light bar on.)

Old 12-15-2015, 09:46 AM
System
Prolocutor
I wonder if the people who lived there were mad at me for taking my test pictures in their driveway?

Old 12-15-2015, 02:02 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
I wonder if the people who lived there were mad at me for taking my test pictures in their driveway?
Who cares!

Quick Reply: LED light bar choice Ridgid or Rough Country