N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

December 2015 all topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
Happy Humpeth day Nor Cal. Hope everyone has a great day.

Scott. Of course I want it running. I plan on getting it smogged, registered, insured, and the title transferred, but I cannot do it at the same time I buy it, I will have to wait until January's check for that. Of course, this is assuming I buy it. I still have not heard from him since our initial conversation. The ad is still up though, so I don't think he has sold it yet. I thought you sold that Silverado. I guess not.

Jim

Old 12-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

No sale. Drove all the way up there, and the guy doesn't return my messages. Didn't even see the truck. Also, it was a lot farther than I thought. I must have looked at the Google map wrong because I thought it was 57 miles north of Fresno, but it was 97. Ph well, got a chance to put some miles on the Thunderbird, and tomorrow I will fill up the tank and see what kind of gas mileage it got.

Jim

Old 12-09-2015, 10:18 PM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
to bad that road trip was a bust, and its a bummer that people dont return phone calls, that costed you a lot of time and fuel, i have been to that rodeo before traveling long distance for nothing. actually i was in mo-town this afternoon looking for vinyl record album shelfs/cases or what ever works, at some of the 2nd hand stores there. just got home about 6:45pm

Old 12-09-2015, 10:44 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I didn't mind the drive, as it gave me something to do, and if I did not like the truck it would have had the same outcome. What I didn't like was that he let my call go to voicemail, and never called back. I stayed up there and ate at Jack in the Box at Kansas and the 99, waiting for him to respond. I figure he did not pick up because he saw the 559 area code, but after hearing my message, he should have responded. Especially when he told me in an email he would be free after 3pm, and I called him from Modesto at 4:06 pm. Nor did he respond to my email when I asked him his address. The ad is still up on CL, so I have no clue why he did that. I have already sent him an email telling him I will just buy something else. Which is probably a good thing, because I am really looking for a small 4x4 like the Explorer, or Ranger. I will just keep saving until I find one, preferably a lot closer to Fresno. LOL. It did give me a chance to take the Thunderbird on a long drive, and it performed flawlessly. Can't wait to fill it up and check the mpg. I will be getting the new tires Friday, so it will be all set for another long drive somewhere.

Jim

Old 12-10-2015, 12:04 AM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
at 4 o clock i was somewhere on Mc Henry ave,

Old 12-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Will have to Google map Modesto and find out where I was. I pull off at the second or third off ramp, and was in an industrial area when I pulled over to call the guy. Then I drove through by the courthouse, and police station and when I got back near the 99 Freeway I saw the Jack in the Box, so I pulled in to eat, and wait for the guy to call. He never did, so when I finished, I headed back home.

Saw the aftermath of an accident on the way up to Modesto, in/near Keyes. A dark red Mercedes and a gray minivan of some kind had tangled. The minivan was on its side. On the way home the traffic was slow going for the first few miles due to three vehicles on the median exchanging insurance information.

Jim

Old 12-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

After checking Google maps, it appears we were not too far apart. I exited the 99 at B Street/Tuolumne Blvd. And went north trying to find a place I could pull over and call this guy. I turned on 11th street and parked next to a warehouse of some kind. After leaving a message on his voice mail, I continued on 11th street past the Police station and on up to Needham, where I turned left heading back toward the 99. Needham turned into Kansas Ave, and I kept going until I saw the 99 Fwy, and the Jack in the Box.

Jim

Old 12-10-2015, 12:47 PM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
by the time i was leaving modesto it was around 5:30 or so, traffic was heavy although it usually is at that time anyway. but i heard of the wreck on 99, by the time i got to the keyes exit it was cleared up,

Old 12-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I left about 5pm, and the wreck was not there, but residual slowing was still there.

Jim

Old 12-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Well, now I have my eye on a 1992 Ford Explorer 4x4. It is dark green just like my Bronco was, but it is not an Eddie Bauer model. Still the owner states it runs great. Just needs the interior door panels. However, since he is asking only $600, I am betting it has some back fees due. I don't know exactly where it is located as the only clue I have is 805 area code. I sent him/her an email a few minutes ago asking for more info about it. Maybe that will be the vehicle I get.

I know that for the price I can afford to pay, I will not be getting a cream puff like the Thunderbird turned out to be. However, I have no problem parking it and using the Thunderbird as my daily driver until I get whatever issue needs to be taken care of. If the owner is telling the truth and all it needs is inner door panels, then I can fix those anytime. I just want something I can take off roading from time to time, and to make the annual Pismo trip.

Jim

Old 12-11-2015, 09:07 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Friday Nor Cal FTE and friends! Supposed to rain here today according to the weather guessers. We shall see. I will be heading over to Les Schwab in about 40 minutes or so to have my free tires installed. WooHoo!

Jim

Old 12-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Sparky2531
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning NorCal...Well, we're getting some rain now! Looks like this going to continue through Monday. The Eel River went from creek size to "Bank to bank" size in two days...Reminds me of the old days.

Hope you all have a great day out there...Stay Dry!

Old 12-11-2015, 01:10 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Hasn't started raining hard down here yet, just sprinkling right now, but I see some dark clouds heading this way so maybe soon we will get drenched. I have done my errands for the day already, so it can rain all day long now.

Jim

Old 12-11-2015, 01:16 PM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
we got rain late last night and some early this morning, its real windy right now, to day is starting out as a lazy day i havent even been out side yet!
lately it seems that the rain comes through here on stilts LOL

Old 12-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

We got rain last night too. I did not go outside to see how much, and it is hard to tell if it is raining here in the apartments, unless it is really coming down. I live on the bottom floor, so I don't hear it on the roof.

Just filled up the tank on the Silver Bullet, and it averaged 28.7 mpg on that trip to Modesto. I am very impressed. Not bad for a V8 engine.

Jim

Quick Reply: December 2015 all topic thread