Sponsored by:

Please help! Washington State

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 06:37 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by AllieGee
Or should I drive (after adding oil) to a jiffy lube-type place that's about 10 blocks from here?
Do not go to Jiffy Lube, way to many peoples vehicles have been messed up by places like this. If looking for a shop either use the dealer or the link below is a Tacoma based shop that came recommended.

North West Custom Diesel ? Tacoma, WA

Originally Posted by David - WI
Jiffy Lube would be better (if you don't mind paying) because if you do it yourself you would end up with a couple gallons of toxic (animals love the sweet smell / taste) used coolant to dispose of.

Plus you really should check the coolant mix afterward (Jiffy Lube should do it for you) to make sure it will protect your engine from freezing and cracking something really expensive.
Here in WA it is fairly easy to dispose of coolant through the waste mobiles.

Originally Posted by AllieGee
Thanks for your help today, fellows! I managed to disconnect the hose from the reservoir to the radiator and then used a meat syringe to syphon almost 3 qts of mixed liquid/oil from the reservoir, tho it isn't empty yet. I'm not looking forward to sucking on a hose to syphon the rest... But it may be a moot point. I added 2 fresh quarts to the oil intake as demonstrated on YouTube, but oil still doesn't show on dipstick, and exhausts are still billowing white Smoke. I hope and pray that my truck isn't dead in the water!
White smoke typically means coolant or water is burning, I would be careful running the engine to long.

@Yahiko Is not to far from Tacoma and has some serious 6.0 knowledge as well. Maybe he can assist.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:16 AM
David - WI
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Here in WA it is fairly easy to dispose of coolant through the waste mobiles.
It's easy here too, but people still poison tens of 1,000's of their (or their neighbors') pets or wild animals every year by leaving the pan of anti-freeze sitting around until they can get rid of it.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:52 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live just to the east in Puyallup, but unfortunately, with my work schedule, I would not be able to help out until Saturday. If there is still a need by then, I would be more than happy to head over to Tacoma that morning. Please feel free to let me know if I can help.

David