Ready to pull the trigger on a 16 F-150 KR

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 08:13 PM
SIXD9R
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ready to pull the trigger on a 16 F-150 KR

Hi guys,

My current ride is a rusted out 03 F-250 that I bought new. After driving F-250's since 1991 I'm thinking it's time to step into a little lighter truck. I really like the king ranch trim so that's what I'm going with. I mostly use my trucks as daily commuters but do occasionally work em pretty hard on the weekend.

Anyway, I been fooling around with the build and price and came up with what I want. Will be at the dealer on Monday to work out a deal. They have already searched regional inventory for 15's and 16's and didn't squarely hit the nail so the sales guy offered to order one. I already hand in mind to order exactly what I want but figured it was worth the dealers time to check anything already on the lot.

Here's what I'm coming up with and would appreciate any comments you may have.

King Ranch, Crew cab, 5.0 L V-8, 4X4, 6.5' bed
600A (standard equipment group)
3.55 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio
Heavy duty trailer tow package
Power trailer tow mirrors
Also thinking about adding the extended range fuel tank.
without the larger tank I'm coming up with a price of 51,999 with the friends and neighbors discount. What do you think I could get this truck for without a trade? Also how long do you think it will take? The dealer said 11-12 weeks factoring in the Christmas shutdown but I would love to here your thoughts.

Thank you very much for your suggestions and comments

Old 11-28-2015, 08:58 PM
tvsjr
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Add the tank - you can never have too much gas.

Make sure you run through Smart VINCENT (at least that's what it used to be called) with your salesdroid - make sure you've covered all the available rebates. There are lots of esoteric little rebates that can add up.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:23 PM
speedsauto
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ditto on the tank, I had to take one off the lot and I miss the larger tank that my 12 had.

Old 11-28-2015, 10:28 PM
SIXD9R
Senior User
Yes I think I'm sold on the tank even more now that I hear it from someone else. Good point about the rebates- I forgot to mention in my original post the sales guy did mention a $500 rebate- will confirm that again.

Thanks speedsauto and tvsjr!!

Old 11-29-2015, 12:47 AM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Friends and Neighbors is about $400-500 over Ford X-Plan, so it's already a good deal.

By the time the truck is delivered I'm willing to bet some Spring incentives and rebates.

Josh

Old 11-29-2015, 07:50 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
Sounds like you're already convinced, but I will add my voice to the choir. The 36 gallon tank is a must. HUGE difference.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:04 AM
SIXD9R
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bullitt390
Friends and Neighbors is about $400-500 over Ford X-Plan, so it's already a good deal.

By the time the truck is delivered I'm willing to bet some Spring incentives and rebates.

Josh
I don't have any experience ordering ordering a vehicle so this will be a first. I'm also not familiar with how rebates work especially with a factory order. Over the phone the sales rep told me there was a $500 rebate that I could get but we were talking about buying a truck that they would bring in from another dealer. Are you saying that whatever rebate (if any) is in place when I actually get the truck that's what I get?

Also, I need to check but I work for a very large company and we were under the X plan when I bought the wife's 2008 Escape. So it sounds like the X plan is the better choice?

Thanks again to everyone that has offered their advice!

Old 11-29-2015, 09:04 AM
Bullitt390

Originally Posted by SIXD9R
I don't have any experience ordering ordering a vehicle so this will be a first. I'm also not familiar with how rebates work especially with a factory order. Over the phone the sales rep told me there was a $500 rebate that I could get but we were talking about buying a truck that they would bring in from another dealer. Are you saying that whatever rebate (if any) is in place when I actually get the truck that's what I get?

Also, I need to check but I work for a very large company and we were under the X plan when I bought the wife's 2008 Escape. So it sounds like the X plan is the better choice?

Thanks again to everyone that has offered their advice!
Rebates and incentives are only valid at time of delivery. What's available now will not apply.

Definitely look into X-Plan. It's the easiest to deal with, basically no haggle at invoice pricing, plus it caps the dealer fees to under $100. My dealer has over $900 in fees, so consider that in itself a rebate.

Josh

Old 11-29-2015, 09:29 AM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
As you mention, you will be working this truck pretty hard occasionally, so the larger fuel tank is a great idea. When your mileage drop while pulling a load, it can be extremely handy to have four hours of fuel instead of three or less.

I would never order a truck without this option.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:43 AM
SIXD9R
Senior User
Smile

Rebates and incentives are only valid at time of delivery. What's available now will not apply.

Definitely look into X-Plan. It's the easiest to deal with, basically no haggle at invoice pricing, plus it caps the dealer fees to under $100. My dealer has over $900 in fees, so consider that in itself a rebate.

Josh
Very good information- thank you for that I'm pretty sure we still have the X plan but just need to confirm.

The larger tank is definitely in now

Old 11-29-2015, 01:39 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Friends and Neighbors pricing is being discontinued on Monday, November 30th. Ford is stopping the promotion 5 weeks early due to poor sales.

Friends and Neighbors and X plan are the same price. You either have to own 100 shares of Ford stock for one year to get a x plan pin or have a Ford employee give you an x plan pin. A dealer cannot give you one.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:52 PM
Bullitt390

Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
Friends and Neighbors pricing is being discontinued on Monday, November 30th. Ford is stopping the promotion 5 weeks early due to poor sales.

Friends and Neighbors and X plan are the same price. You either have to own 100 shares of Ford stock for one year to get a x plan pin or have a Ford employee give you an x plan pin. A dealer cannot give you one.
My X-plan was $500 less than Friends and Neighbor's plan. Plus saved $900 on dealer fees a person using F&N would be using. That's $1400 in savings using X-plan.

Josh

Old 11-29-2015, 02:13 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
My X-plan was $500 less than Friends and Neighbor's plan. Plus saved $900 on dealer fees a person using F&N would be using. That's $1400 in savings using X-plan.

Josh
The only thing that X plan does is it limits the dealer from charging you more than $100 for a documentation fee. Friends and Neighbors since it is x plan is the same.

An invoice from a Ford dealer only shows invoice A,Z,D & X. There is no pricing for Friends and Neighbors because it IS x plan. Sounds to me like your dealer just made up a higher price for F&N to make you feel like you were saving more than the average joe that doesn't have or need a x plan pin right now.

Want more proof? Read this. Ford's Friends & Neighbors Promotion Offers Inside Deals for Car Shoppers | Edmunds.com

"Merkle said the percentage of discount will vary by model but noted that the amount is the same as that of the company's X-Plan program, which is offered to suppliers and other business associates and takes pricing very close to dealer invoice levels."

Old 11-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Bullitt390

Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
The only thing that X plan does is it limits the dealer from charging you more than $100 for a documentation fee. Friends and Neighbors since it is x plan is the same.

An invoice from a Ford dealer only shows invoice A,Z,D & X. There is no pricing for Friends and Neighbors because it IS x plan. Sounds to me like your dealer just made up a higher price for F&N to make you feel like you were saving more than the average joe that doesn't have or need a x plan pin right now.

Want more proof? Read this. Ford's Friends & Neighbors Promotion Offers Inside Deals for Car Shoppers | Edmunds.com

"Merkle said the percentage of discount will vary by model but noted that the amount is the same as that of the company's X-Plan program, which is offered to suppliers and other business associates and takes pricing very close to dealer invoice levels."
Do Build a Vehicle on Ford.com and it shows Friends n Neighbors pricing. Dealer didn't "make" anything up.

The press release should have "similar" pricing as X-Plan but not the "same".

Friends n Neighbors has no effect on dealer fees as well.

Either way, the sale ends tomorrow so it doesn't matter now does it?

Josh

Old 11-29-2015, 02:25 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Do Build a Vehicle on Ford.com and it shows Friends n Neighbors pricing. Dealer didn't "make" anything up.

The press release should have "similar" pricing as X-Plan but not the "same".

Friends n Neighbors has no effect on dealer fees as well.

Either way, the sale ends tomorrow so it doesn't matter now does it?

Josh
Yes the website shows F&N which is the x plan price.

Believe what you want but as a x plan pin holder you saved nothing over every other tom, dick and harry during this promotion. LOL

Quick Reply: Ready to pull the trigger on a 16 F-150 KR