Here's how to replace your Super Duty cruise control servo for cheap! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Here's how to replace your Super Duty cruise control servo for cheap!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2015, 08:33 PM
New User

dexterous is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here's how to replace your Super Duty cruise control servo for cheap!

Disclaimer:

Before anyone asks, I am not selling cruise control servos, I am simply a forum member who figured out a cheap way to fix my truck. Further, I do not endorse ebay or any of their vendors. I would also like to add that everyone should do their own research and that I am in no way responsible for anything that goes wrong if you decide to try this!

Any way, I have some good news for anyone who needs to replace the speed control on their early model, gas powered Super Duty truck! I recently discovered that the cruise control on my 1999 F-250 Super Duty V10 wasn’t working. After looking into it, I found that the cruse control servo (A.KA. "speed control servo") was seized up and needed to be replaced. Unfortunately, buying the “correct” servo was going to cost over $430 which really wasn’t an option for me so I started looking at alternatives.

Armed with several years’ worth of factory service manuals and wiring diagrams, I determined that the 1999 SD speed control servo only differed slightly from trucks up to 2002. I also discovered that the newer style servo was used on several 2000+ model year ford cars. Since the “car” part could be purchased for less than 10% the cost of the “truck” part, this was clearly attractive to me.

After swapping everything around and verifying that it works, I am pleased to confirm that part YF1F-9C734-EB which was originally for a Ford Taurus 3.0L 2000-2003 will work perfectly in a gas powered 1999 through 2002 Super Duty truck! Its very possible that this also applies to trucks newer than 2002 but I have no way to verify it. Since there’s very little info on this subject, I created the following video to detail the swap. Enjoy!

Old 11-22-2015, 08:39 PM
New User

Here's the exact auction that I used in the video: Ford Taurus 3 0L 2000 2003 Cruise Control Servo YF1F 9C734 EB | eBay
Old 11-23-2015, 12:18 AM
Senior User

noober0x is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Think I can do something similar where I get a $350 ford Taurus engine to replace my 7.3L diesel engine when it finally goes? I mean if you could do it with cruise control servos surely you can do it with engines.... :P

Good video. Good "hack." many simple-function parts are all the same across most cars of similar eras, so there's bound to be others like this.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:13 AM
Elder User

DavidB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DavidB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Excellent information and video.
Reps sent.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2015, 07:06 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by noober0x View Post
Think I can do something similar where I get a $350 ford Taurus engine to replace my 7.3L diesel engine when it finally goes? I mean if you could do it with cruise control servos surely you can do it with engines.... :P

Good video. Good "hack." many simple-function parts are all the same across most cars of similar eras, so there's bound to be others like this.
LOL, you would need like three motors! Perhaps one under the hood and two in the bed???