Sponsored by: Moser

Best floor mats and mudflaps?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 09:41 AM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Best floor mats and mudflaps?

So, with it coming into winter now I've decided it would be best to check into mudflaps and floor mats. Generally I go with the WeaterTech floor liners, but for mudflaps I don't have a preference. This truck it would be nice to use a no-drill setup, but generally they don't have as good of coverage as others.

What do you guys go with?

Old 11-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Olytlr
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Obviously Weather Tech for floor liners. I have no experience with mud flaps but I would assume WT mud flaps are top notch. Husky would be my second choice.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:25 AM
eriebasin
Senior User
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I have these mud flaps from Ford on the front and love them. They were a little more difficult to install, but are big and sturdy. They look great too. They stop a lot of stuff from getting on the truck and running boards.

KIT - MUDFLAP | Genuine Ford | CL3Z-16A550-L

On the back I put Weathertech no drill (as they did not need to be as big back there). They work good too; however, splash still gets on the tail pipe, a bit of the rear fenders and bumper (they could be a squeeze bigger); they are far enough from the ground not to hit curbs and such when backing into parking spaces.

Car Mats, Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, Side Window Deflectors | WeatherTech.com

I go on an annual whitewater rafting trip; while camping there we drive up a super-steep muddy mountain road. Additionally, last year we had a lot of snow here and in OH where my family is from. I've tested them well!! Both were easy to install (the weathertech more as they were no drill). Both sets work well. The Ford set especially!

Good Luck.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:44 AM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
I decided to go ahead and order the WeatherTech floor liners. I've had them in my last few vehicles and love them, so I decided to with them again. Never been let down by them.

As far as the mud flaps go it seems like the WeatherTechs are the go-to there as well. I've debated getting the window deflectors as well.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:51 AM
eriebasin
Senior User
Originally Posted by the_auto_tech
I decided to go ahead and order the WeatherTech floor liners. I've had them in my last few vehicles and love them, so I decided to with them again. Never been let down by them.

As far as the mud flaps go it seems like the WeatherTechs are the go-to there as well. I've debated getting the window deflectors as well.
I got the window deflectors as well; for some reason the passenger window's safety feature puts the window right back down a lot in hot weather. You can disable the safety feature by immediately (within 2 seconds per the book) putting the window back up. So it's been no big deal. The driver's window works great, most of the time. Even it will come back down once in a while in hot weather. Overall the window deflectors look & work great and I'd get them again; despite having to put the front windows up twice once in a while.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:11 PM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
What purpose do the window deflectors serve besides being able to crack the windows in the rain?

Old 11-22-2015, 03:13 PM
eriebasin
Senior User
Cracking open the windows in the rain, especially while driving, was the major reason i got them. Consequently, leaving the windows cracked while parked in the 95 plus degree heat we get here in KY helps a lot too. The interior stays way cooler!

Old 11-22-2015, 05:02 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I'm a big fan of Husky products, I have the weather beater floor mats, mud flaps front and read along with rear wheel well liners. I also have AVS vent visors, they help a lot on hot days keeping the windows cracked letting some air flow through the truck when it's parked.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:56 AM
awq134
Elder User
I have husky liner mud flaps and couldn't be happier. They do require drilling one hole for each one, which I hit with some touch up paint to keep from rusting. As far as vent shades I went with avs stick on ones due to the aggravation I had with the in-channel ones I had on my last vehicle. They weren't creating an issue with the auto up feature, but they came loose after about a year because the adhesive wouldn't stay stuck to the felt that was in the "channel". It wasn't a ford, so this may not be an issue for you.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, another vote for weathertech floor liners. I dont' have them in m truck because I have a vinyl floor, but we have them in my wife's van and absolutely love them.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
I have the weathertech no-drill mudflaps. They have worked well at keeping the snow accumulation down. It doesn't eliminate is but certainly helps.

Link:https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post13088670

Old 11-24-2015, 08:12 AM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
I may have to get the vent visors then. That sounds kinda nice being able to keep the windows cracked in the rain or being able to crack them during the summer without leaves falling in the truck.

Where are you guys getting your rear wheel well liners from? Weren't these a factory option?

Kinda leaning towards the WeatherTech mudflaps front and rear at this point.

What are your guys' thoughts on fender flares instead of mud flaps?

Old 11-24-2015, 11:43 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Where are you guys getting your rear wheel well liners from? Weren't these a factory option?
They were an option, however if your truck didn't come with them from the factory, they are spendy to pickup. They also don't provide as much coverage as some of the aftermarket ones. Mine were under $100 for the set made by Rugged Liners:
Amazon.com: Rugged Liner WWF15004 Wheel Liner: Automotive Amazon.com: Rugged Liner WWF15004 Wheel Liner: Automotive

AS a note, I had to slightly modify the Rugged Liners to fit the weather tech no drill flaps. Think I just needed to drill a hole? I can't remember exactly, was fairly simple overall.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:03 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
My truck is getting a set of custom fit Husky Liners for the front and rear floors. The weathertech's were a bit more than I thought I wanted my bride to spend.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:22 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
I like the Nifty Catchalls because they are carpeted liners. They are custom fit and cover every inch. I've used weather-tec & husky as well both are great products. Can't go wrong with any of these. I put DuraFlaps on my current F250 and love them. They are the best mudflaps I've ever owned. They do a great job of knocking rocks down so my trailers aren't getting as beat up.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:32 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts

Dealer installed Item, I've never seen the Ford ones in real life.

Really like the Husky units though.

Quick Reply: Best floor mats and mudflaps?