Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Best floor mats and mudflaps?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 07:16 PM
Sportscape
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the factory Ford Wheel well liners, they fit and look nice. I bought them from a Ford dealer on Ebay, about $120. I also use the Nifty Catchalls, they fit great and I prefer carpet also. Ford mudflaps also from Ebay.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:30 AM
karlduke
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Duraflaps and they do their job in keeping the mud off the sides of my truck.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:53 PM
wannafbody
New User
Best floormats are Lund Carpet Catch All, they are similar to Bedrug material.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:52 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by the_auto_tech
I decided to go ahead and order the WeatherTech floor liners. I've had them in my last few vehicles and love them, so I decided to with them again. Never been let down by them.

As far as the mud flaps go it seems like the WeatherTechs are the go-to there as well. I've debated getting the window deflectors as well.
I received a set of WeatherTech floor mats for Christmas. On my 2013 F150 Screw the driver side front fits as advertised. The passenger side front, not so much. There is a sizeable gap in the fit at the door post pillar. It comes with a "TechGrip III" Retention device kit for the front passenger side to hold down the mat. The instructions are a series of numbered black and white photos with no explanation or measurements where to place the retainers. Horrible documentation.

So I call WeatherTech customer service and after waiting on hold, I get a recording that I was #101 in the queue. I filled out their "Contact Us" form, but after reading a bunch of reviews I don't expect an answer any time soon.

The rear seat floor mat seems to fit well.

I found a .pdf on their website, but the pdf's are a digital version of what I already have.
Anybody have some good instructions on how to measure and install the retention devices for the front passenger side?

Old 12-30-2015, 04:08 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
I received the Husky Weather beater mats for Christmas for my Scab truck. The front mats fit great and the dual posts on the drivers side line up perfectly. However, they sent me the rear mat for an Screw truck when my print out clearly stated that I ordered the mat for the Scab. The only part that doesn't fit right is where the jack is located. Instead of send it back, I'll trim a little and make it fit. No worries.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:22 PM
eriebasin
Senior User
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
We found my dad a 2008 F-150 126" WB single cab 4.6 V8 4x2 with 103,000 mi about a month a ago to use as a second vehicle. I got him the Husky Heavy Duty Floor Mats for Christmas based on recommendations earlier in this thread. They look great & fit perfectly. Husky makes a very nice product.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:33 PM
parcours
Senior User
I went with the WeatherTech mud Flaps.

Old 01-01-2016, 04:56 PM
PIJoe
Freshman User
I have had WT floor mats for a long time, but this time I picked up a set of Rugged Ridge floor mats/liners off Amazon. I have tan, but here are the black ones. The treads are a LOT deeper than the WT mats, and are a lot less slippery. If I have to get another set of mats, it'll be these as of right now...

I have the WT mudflaps, and they're great. They fit better than the Ford flaps. They both work fine, the WT flaps just line up better and have no weird mounting gaps.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:08 AM
NASSTY
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I had Weathertech floor liners on my 2006 and my 2011. They looked great, fit great and provided a lot more coverage than regular floor mats. The only thing I didn't care for is the plastic-y, slippery feel. So I went with Husky X-act Contours in my 2014 and I couldn't be happier. The X-act Contours are rubber, no more slippery feeling.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:12 PM
1bigdan
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i put husky floor liners in my '14 and used the weathertech mudflaps... i had w/t liners in my escape and wasn't all that impressed with them.... this is my first set of husky liners so we'll see how that goes...

Old 01-27-2016, 09:56 PM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Bumping this back up. I installed the WeaterTech floor liners and am extremely happy with the fit. I'm thinking I'll go with the WeaterTech mudflaps as well. Still on the fence about the window shades.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:01 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
I put the DuraFlaps on my F250. Out of all the mud flaps I've had in the past I like these the best. They hang low enough I'm not beating up the front of my trailers plus they are providing good coverage for my truck.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:57 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by the_auto_tech
Bumping this back up. I installed the WeaterTech floor liners and am extremely happy with the fit. I'm thinking I'll go with the WeaterTech mudflaps as well. Still on the fence about the window shades.

AVS seemless.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:44 AM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
I've gone back and forth about using bigger flares on this truck and I don't think I'm going to, especially with it being a Limited. The only way they would look good is if I painted them to match, but then in the winter when I run the smaller wheels and tires it'll look extremely goofy. My truck has the factory flares that are painted, so I'm thinking I'll just do mudflaps and call it a day. This way it'll still look good with the bigger wheels and tires and the smaller ones. On my F-250 I had 35's with aftermarket wheels and pocket style flares and a 4" lift and it was less than ideal once winter hit. The big tires sucked in slippery conditions but I didn't want to run a factory sized wheel and tire because of the lift and flares. This truck has been a Godsend this winter compared to it. I also had universal fit flaps on the F-250 and although they had good coverage, I cringed having to drill into the fenders, wheel liners, and flares. I'd rather have something that fits correctly this time which is why I'm leaning towards the WeatherTechs.

As far as the vent visors go I really like the ones that stick out a bit further and give better coverage, but the AVS seamless ones are very nice as well. I will be avoiding the in-channel style due to issues with the auto feature and wearing out the window channels prematurely.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:59 PM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Bumping this back up. Just ordered the WeatherTech mudflaps and the AVS seamless vent visors from Amazon. From the reading I've done they seem to be the most liked in each category.

Quick Reply: Best floor mats and mudflaps?