Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions about my new truck

Old 02-28-2016, 03:35 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
First off, I'm not talking about those stupid coil on plug engines. Or your Triton fluke V10. It's bad enough I had a car given to me with that C.O.P crap. Never a problem with em on points or DSII or Chrysler electronic ignition systems, or GM coil pack ignition systems. Use the correct heat range.

Also, there are A LOT of NGK sparkplugs made in USA now days. Some I buy say USA, some say JAPAN. However when I buy Autolites for something occasionally they say CHINA or MEXICO.

So much ignorance..

Anyways, enough cluttering this guys post up about sparkplugs because some people are prejudiced about a damn sparkplug brand.

Old 02-28-2016, 04:14 PM
jk89cat
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not prejudiced at all, motorcraft, not ngk, not autolite, not champion, the ford hei ignitions, run better with a oem plug plain and simple, but since your dad and not you was in the field, you don't get it , nothing wrong with a cop ignition either ,

Old 02-28-2016, 05:55 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jk89cat
not prejudiced at all, motorcraft, not ngk, not autolite, not champion, the ford hei ignitions, run better with a oem plug plain and simple, but since your dad and not you was in the field, you don't get it , nothing wrong with a cop ignition either ,
Last I checked the same company makes Motorcrafts as Autolite, albeit to a different spec, but still.

That's also pretty rude of you. You don't know who I am, or my knowledge. I do too get it, COP ignitions are not my cup of tea, mostly because of the vehicles they are in and the added cost of 4-10 individual coils driving the cost of repair up, depending on the vehicle. I am pretty old school, and do not like driving vehicles made beyond the mid 90's.

I try to tell the OP a testimony about NGK's he's running in his ancient 460 and you go off about COP ignitions when there was never a mention in the world about it, and is not even applicable to his or my truck. Jesus, this is worse than having conversations with the people I work with, which is pretty bad.

Now, that, that has been said. I'm done with the subject. Have a nice day.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:04 PM
The_Drew
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway, here are the pictures with the back up lights off and on.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:50 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by The_Drew
Anyway, here are the pictures with the back up lights off and on.
Hey Drew,

Yes that spark plug talk got out of hand but certainly don't let it sway you. I like the looks of those back up lights and man oh man they are bright as day love it . Thanks for sharing how hard was it cutting your bumper to fit those and what did you use around the housing and bumper to maybe seal edges or didn't bother to worry about that?

Old 02-28-2016, 10:05 PM
The_Drew
Senior User
Originally Posted by Irish19614x4
Hey Drew,

Yes that spark plug talk got out of hand but certainly don't let it sway you. I like the looks of those back up lights and man oh man they are bright as day love it . Thanks for sharing how hard was it cutting your bumper to fit those and what did you use around the housing and bumper to maybe seal edges or didn't bother to worry about that?
Well considering I had the worlds dullest drill bit and had to go to Home Depot and get metal cutoff blades. It was pretty easy, I didn't realize how thick the bumper was, the dent in it was pretty ugly so I figured it was thin but it was about 3/16". Wasn't worried about sealing it up, the body of the light was aluminum and not really worried about rust up here in the pnw.
Here's the only picture I took during the process you can see the debt through the tape. I didn't have any blue tape

Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2016, 10:40 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Well considering I had the worlds dullest drill bit and had to go to Home Depot and get metal cutoff blades. It was pretty easy, I didn't realize how thick the bumper was, the dent in it was pretty ugly so I figured it was thin but it was about 3/16". Wasn't worried about sealing it up, the body of the light was aluminum and not really worried about rust up here in the pnw.
Here's the only picture I took during the process you can see the debt through the tape. I didn't have any blue tape
Keep up the good work did you say?. Where you got those lights? Couldn't remember but I like them a lot and I'd I had it my way I would be running a 20" on my DRW and maybe one for my wife's Ex then some for my 1994.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:43 PM
The_Drew
Senior User
Originally Posted by Irish19614x4
Keep up the good work did you say?. Where you got those lights? Couldn't remember but I like them a lot and I'd I had it my way I would be running a 20" on my DRW and maybe one for my wife's Ex then some for my 1994.
I got them from Amazon for a little more than $20 which is a pretty good deal to me!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J5...t+recess+mount

Old 02-28-2016, 11:03 PM
jk89cat
Posting Guru
those leds are really bright, I have just some low profile fog lamps with h3 bulbs on my truck

Old 02-28-2016, 11:39 PM
The_Drew
Senior User
Originally Posted by jk89cat
those leds are really bright, I have just some low profile fog lamps with h3 bulbs on my truck
I have some old school yellow fogs on the front with h3 bulbs. They are good for fogs, can actually have them on on the road. LEDs are too bright to have on the road.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:43 PM
jk89cat
Posting Guru
I have some old school yellow fogs on the front with h3 bulbs. They are good for fogs, can actually have them on on the road. LEDs are too bright to have on the road.
I agree, the led lights are so bright it will cause a problem eventually for headlamps and driving lamps. I think they will end having to be a lower lumen number or power reduced, I have on the front of my 96 100 watt daylighters and a set of lighting fogs

Old 03-03-2016, 12:21 PM
The_Drew
Senior User
Truckin
The 460 couldn't tell there was anything back there but the front end noticed. Kept it at a comfortable 50 on the freeway

Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2016, 12:21 PM
The_Drew
Senior User
Well on my way to work one of my heater hoses blew,
There was a prestone tee on the hose that broke so I was able to loop them and bypass the heater core and put in the jug of coolant I had in my toolbox, and limped to the parts store. Got new hoses and a new jug to keep in my toolbox

Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2016, 05:22 PM
The_Drew
Senior User
Well I was getting tired of having one of those stupid hanging cup holders that you can't put anything in. I didn't use the CB that was in the center of the dash so I made a little console/cup holder thing. Haven't put any big gulps or anything big like that in it yet but so far so good. And it holds my phone and air freshener too! It's ok, didn't turn out as nice as I hoped. But it'll work for now

Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2016, 08:53 PM
burnse
Junior User
Nice set-up...you're way ahead of me! I would like my truck interior to look similar someday. Pics like this motivate me.
I have a 1992 F150, 4X4, automatic, I6 300ci motor. Although I would much rather have a 351, I am told this motor is known for it's torque and reliability. I passed my state's up the tailpipe emissions test with flying colors last week, and now I never have to go back, because next year it'll be 25 years old. It needs lot's of work, but the trick for me is to keep it rolling, and do what I can, when I can.
Happy motoring!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A few questions about my new truck