Sponsored by: Moser

Rear Defrost / Heated Mirrors no-op 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 08:59 AM
jphaugh
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
LOL! Sure thing, Matt. I'll hang around this thread to see what you decide to do.

Crystal
Crystal, I have a 2012 CPO F150 XLT with an inop rear defroster. Still within my 12/12000 CPO warranty yet Ford is only offering 500 for replacement. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:09 AM
jphaugh
New User
Welcome to the forum, jphaugh. Did you already open a claim through the BBB Auto Line? How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal
Thank you for the quick response. I have 51300 miles on the truck and the warranty started at 42503. I have yet to open a claim with the BBB Auto Line at this time. Waiting to see if I hear back from the rep in FL. I have switched dealers and in doing so a different rep took the claim.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:26 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jphaugh
Thank you for the quick response. I have 51300 miles on the truck and the warranty started at 42503. I have yet to open a claim with the BBB Auto Line at this time. Waiting to see if I hear back from the rep in FL. I have switched dealers and in doing so a different rep took the claim.
You're welcome, jphaugh. I'll look into this and see what options are available to help. Since you're a new member, you may not have access to PMs yet. Send an email to custserv@ford.com with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. This email address isn't monitored, so put my name ("Crystal") in the subject line and post here once you've sent your message. That's how I'll know to go and look for it.

Crystal

Old 11-23-2015, 10:13 AM
jphaugh
New User
You're welcome, jphaugh. I'll look into this and see what options are available to help. Since you're a new member, you may not have access to PMs yet. Send an email to custserv@ford.com with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. This email address isn't monitored, so put my name ("Crystal") in the subject line and post here once you've sent your message. That's how I'll know to go and look for it.

Crystal
Crystal, Sent the info you requested. Thanks again.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:40 PM
jphaugh
New User

Crystal
Crystal, Sent the info you requested. Thanks again.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:20 PM
jphaugh
New User
Crystal & dh meyer, Spoke with my Ford rep today and they agreed to cover the window. Thanks to both of you for all your help.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:49 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by jphaugh
Crystal & dh meyer, Spoke with my Ford rep today and they agreed to cover the window. Thanks to both of you for all your help.
I'm glad everything worked out, jphaugh! Let me know if there's anything I can assist with in the future.

Crystal

Old 11-30-2015, 12:47 PM
Pattemax
New User
Exclamation rear defrost blues!

I officially have the rear defrost bug, tried 2 1/2 weeks ago to use my rear defrost hit the button and nothing (oh well windows werent that fogged up anyway) drove away looked down and light was on. Works again! Next day had frost on mirrors and back window, pushed button and nothing, light came on 20 seconds later and everything defrosted. Just got back from a family trip to oregon about 3,500+ miles round trip plus driving around. Defrost will not work at all. My mileage now is 39651. Maybe I was or wasnt out of factory warranty when this happened, I didnt have time to get to the dealer before we left anyway. I live in northern North Dakota and we definitely need rear defrost and heated mirrors almost daily. Any help would be great. My first bought brand new F150 and I like it alot minus this issue.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:34 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by Pattemax
I officially have the rear defrost bug, tried 2 1/2 weeks ago to use my rear defrost hit the button and nothing (oh well windows werent that fogged up anyway) drove away looked down and light was on. Works again! Next day had frost on mirrors and back window, pushed button and nothing, light came on 20 seconds later and everything defrosted. Just got back from a family trip to oregon about 3,500+ miles round trip plus driving around. Defrost will not work at all...
Welcome to the forum, Pattemax! It sounds like it's time to get your misbehaving defrost into the hands of your dealership. Once they've diagnosed it for you, I'll be able to step in and assist. Keep me in the loop.

Crystal

Old 12-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Pattemax
New User
Thanks, I will see when they can get it in.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Pattemax
New User
heated window

Crystal, just sent the info you requested. thanks Pat

Old 12-07-2015, 01:05 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by Pattemax
Crystal, just sent the info you requested. thanks Pat
Hi Pat,

Just to clarify, have you been to your dealership for diagnosis yet?

Crystal

Old 12-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Pattemax
New User
Yes they got it in this morning

Old 12-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Pattemax
New User
Hi Crystal,
I am wondering if you have found anything out? Pat

Old 01-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Rrad
New User
Just had my 2013 f150 in to the dealership last week for issue with the rear defrost not working and a new tie rod. My truck only has 48k miles, don't understand how the tie rod has already gone bad. The dealer stated the rear defrost is a known issue on Ford trucks but it's not a recall and not covered by warranty. To fix it would mean replacing the glass. I had to have the tie rod replaced (regretfully), but held off on the defrost, due to another $800+. Can't believe Ford doesn't stand behind their product, when it's very evident from this forum that it's a very common problem. My lease is up in 6 months and I don't think I'll be getting another Ford.

Quick Reply: Rear Defrost / Heated Mirrors no-op 2012