Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Nov 2015 chat

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 05:10 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan
I16 was the worst for that. mid day, pouring rain, no hazards in a light colored car. doing 20 under
And if it dry they are running about 90

Old 11-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hturner12
And if it dry they are running about 90
oh yeah, that and 285 are the worst. I used to live near savannah, I know going 90 keeps you awake, but the damn cops were everywhere

I got a funny story on that too

Old 11-19-2015, 05:36 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Bet it was not funny at the time. Grew up in Decatur, so I know about all the interstates around ATL. I hate going up there now

Old 11-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
I thought I was going to jail at the time for 136mph. Got a ticket for too dark of windows. When I got to my destination I told my friend to hand me the bottle of jack, I sat, chugged, and pondered what the hell just happened.

Decatur. god man. Now that im here, I complain about 985 and all the construction, looking to move more north.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:42 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Pre MARTA. They were still carving Stone Mountain

Old 11-20-2015, 05:22 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
After having to drive in and around downtown Kabul Afghanistan for a year, I will never complain about traffic again, stupid drivers yes, traffic no. They have to be the worst drivers in the whole world. One day it took us over 3 hrs to go 32 miles.

Attached Images   
Old 11-20-2015, 05:51 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
After driving in Kabul Afghanistan for a year, I will never complain about traffic, stupid drivers yes, traffic no
I guess not

Old 11-20-2015, 08:32 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I was begining to think maybe someone was staying in the motorhome while I was gone. I would come back in the evening and the roof AC would be blowing. It seems the 1986 control assembly was very worn and it would turn on by itself. It came on last night while I was watching the news and I had a heck of a time getting it shut off. I ordered a new control assembly last night after some research. I decided to start doing some interior updates in the evenings so I can bring it out of 1986, I am secure in my manhood but dusty rose just does not do it for me.

I currently have the wife talked into taking the motorhome down to Panama City Beach next summer as going there once a year has pretty much become our annual event. An interior make over before we go would be nice, plus it gives me something to do at night over the winter.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:34 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
If you need help let me know

Old 11-20-2015, 09:43 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Will do but it's just some painiting and hanging some new blinds, curtians, etc, nothing major since I have to live in it ..

I have always been an andriod guy but I accidently ran over my Galaxy S3 about 2 months ago, I replaced the cracked screen but it never really worked right after I ran it over. I went to the phone store last weekend and ended up getting a iphone 5 and it is pretty darn cool.

Yesterday I broke down and ordered a new radio from Amazon for the daily driver and it has iphone/ ipod controls built in. The radio and assorted instalation gear should arrive within the week or so. I can't wait to get it installed as my factory radio is on it's last leg and will only play out of one speaker. I added music to my new iphone last night and can't wait to try and play it over the new radio when I arrives and I get it installed. I have to go thru about 4 different radio stations on the drive between Rome and Ft Benning. I use to have sirius and I guess it has me a little pampered.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:15 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
I was begining to think maybe someone was staying in the motorhome while I was gone. I would come back in the evening and the roof AC would be blowing. It seems the 1986 control assembly was very worn and it would turn on by itself. It came on last night while I was watching the news and I had a heck of a time getting it shut off. I ordered a new control assembly last night after some research. I decided to start doing some interior updates in the evenings so I can bring it out of 1986, I am secure in my manhood but dusty rose just does not do it for me.

I currently have the wife talked into taking the motorhome down to Panama City Beach next summer as going there once a year has pretty much become our annual event. An interior make over before we go would be nice, plus it gives me something to do at night over the winter.
Here is good website for camping
U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks - Home

Old 11-20-2015, 03:29 PM
axelgawn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan
oh yeah, that and 285 are the worst. I used to live near savannah, I know going 90 keeps you awake, but the damn cops were everywhere

I got a funny story on that too

Yeah I live right at at the beginning of i16. The highway filled with pigs and nothing good to look at. I used to take it regularly when I went to school in Statesboro.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:34 PM
axelgawn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So a while back my fiance asked if we can use my 73 as our get away vehicle for the wedding. That's why the truck looks as nice as it does since I will be getting hitched in 3 weeks. I am sure the wife will let me keep working on it until kids come in the picture but for now I am enjoying all the things I am learning as I work on the beast. Long term i hope to have a powerful 302, an AOD A/C and maybe a cool 18 wheeler truck horn. If I am lucky my fiance will say yes to all this. hehe

Old 11-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Will do but it's just some painiting and hanging some new blinds, curtians, etc, nothing major since I have to live in it ..

I have always been an andriod guy but I accidently ran over my Galaxy S3 about 2 months ago, I replaced the cracked screen but it never really worked right after I ran it over. I went to the phone store last weekend and ended up getting a iphone 5 and it is pretty darn cool.

Yesterday I broke down and ordered a new radio from Amazon for the daily driver and it has iphone/ ipod controls built in. The radio and assorted instalation gear should arrive within the week or so. I can't wait to get it installed as my factory radio is on it's last leg and will only play out of one speaker. I added music to my new iphone last night and can't wait to try and play it over the new radio when I arrives and I get it installed. I have to go thru about 4 different radio stations on the drive between Rome and Ft Benning. I use to have sirius and I guess it has me a little pampered.
I had an iphone, and it was the worst. My Note 4 runs circles around them apples.

What did ya get for the radio? I love my music, and have a sweet system Ive had in it for 4 years. I did have to replace the radio receiver, it died along with the amp and sub I used to have.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Who all is watching the college games tomorrow? Ill be at the UGA v Southern game tomorrow. Rough *** week at work, so tomorrow might be the "let loose" day

Quick Reply: Nov 2015 chat