1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Switching to e-fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 10:53 PM
BogginDave
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Switching to e-fuel?

Ok guys! I brought this topic up in another thread but didn't get any answers. So here goes again. I'm looking to switch to e-fuel in my 96 f250 powerstroke. My question is what are the better kits, and how long should it take to do removal and install? I'm going to be paying a qualified diesel technician so I'm trying to find out what I should expect to pay. I'm doing this to avoid the oem fuel bowl. That thing is a disaster, I've fixed three leaks in the past 2 years so I'm tired of it. Thanks again!

Old 10-21-2015, 07:18 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry Dave. We really hijacked your other thread. I'm not too familiar with the systems out there. I did my own system while my motor was out. Sorry

Old 10-21-2015, 07:49 AM
Jarrett Campbell
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I just got the strictly diesel kit and will be installing it over the next week or so after work.. I'll keep my thread updated if you want to drop in every once in a while.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:13 AM
pilgrimbizket
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Avoid beans like the plauge.
Chinese fittings, Chinese everything other than pump and regulator.

Even worse customer service.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:44 AM
Hussler
Postmaster

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I also used the Strictly Diesel kit. I already put in a cheaper kit from another vendor and did not like the quality so ended up spending more money.

https://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-343...el-system.aspx

Installation time is somewhat subjective as it depends on number of people doing the work and access to the tools necessary. I would think a qualified mechanic could do the work in about a day. Call up Strictly Diesel and ask them as they install the kits.

Since the turbo needs to come off it is a good time to do the EBPV delete pedestal and free flow outlet coupler, if you don't need the EBPV. Both can be purchased at Riffraff Diesel if interested.

You will be amazed how much better the truck runs and most report increased MPG. Let us know which route you take and overall results.

Edit: You can download the installation instructions from their site to see what is involved.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:14 AM
BogginDave
Senior User
Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
Sorry Dave. We really hijacked your other thread. I'm not too familiar with the systems out there. I did my own system while my motor was out. Sorry
Hey it's all good brother. I learned some new things from that thread.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:17 AM
BogginDave
Senior User
Originally Posted by Hussler
I also used the Strictly Diesel kit. I already put in a cheaper kit from another vendor and did not like the quality so ended up spending more money.

https://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-343...el-system.aspx

Installation time is somewhat subjective as it depends on number of people doing the work and access to the tools necessary. I would think a qualified mechanic could do the work in about a day. Call up Strictly Diesel and ask them as they install the kits.

Since the turbo needs to come off it is a good time to do the EBPV delete pedestal and free flow outlet coupler, if you don't need the EBPV. Both can be purchased at Riffraff Diesel if interested.

You will be amazed how much better the truck runs and most report increased MPG. Let us know which route you take and overall results.

Edit: You can download the installation instructions from their site to see what is involved.
Yea I'd like to go that route too when I do this! I just hope I won't need it in Washington state when we visit the in laws. It gets a little cold but I'll probably end up plugging in anyways. Thanks for the helpful reply.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:52 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The e fuel shouldn't really effect the cold start. Yes warmer fuel will atomize better but I'm sure all will be good

Old 10-21-2015, 09:59 AM
voodoosmooth
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I just got done installing Mark Fugazzoto's pump and fuel bowl delete kits and they are sweet. I'm getting right at 70 PSI, everything dropped right in. He's got the videos to go with it and you can really do it your self. (And I'm in no way shape or form a mechanic, I just get by!)

Old 10-21-2015, 11:02 AM
BogginDave
Senior User
Originally Posted by voodoosmooth
I just got done installing Mark Fugazzoto's pump and fuel bowl delete kits and they are sweet. I'm getting right at 70 PSI, everything dropped right in. He's got the videos to go with it and you can really do it your self. (And I'm in no way shape or form a mechanic, I just get by!)
I'd be up for doing it myself but I work 50 hours a week and it's my work truck so I definitely know I won't have enough time to do it alone. What did you spend on parts if you don't mind me asking?

Old 10-21-2015, 12:31 PM
dclack
Fleet Mechanic
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Aren't there a couple of folks on here that put together and sell an e-fuel kit?