2015 - 2020 F150 Discuss the 2015 - 2020 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

How do I fold down seat back in super cab?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 02:30 AM
tomatillo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I fold down seat back in super cab?

2015 F150 Super Cab. The seat back on driver's side of super cab was unlatched when I got it. I pushed it back to latch it. Now I can't find a way to get that seat back to come forward so I can store a few small things behind it. Ford says it's not in the manual ... dealer says he can't figure it out either. The passenger side has a loop of webbing on the side of the seat. That allows the seat back to pull forward to get to the jack. But not on the driver's side. It looks like it's permanently latched, yet I've had it forward and it's on a hinge. Anyone have any ideas about it? Thanks.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:23 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
There's a thread that talks about that, although I don't have a link. You might find it via searching.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:45 AM
rmccbride
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tomatillo
2015 F150 Super Cab. The seat back on driver's side of super cab was unlatched when I got it. I pushed it back to latch it. Now I can't find a way to get that seat back to come forward so I can store a few small things behind it. Ford says it's not in the manual ... dealer says he can't figure it out either. The passenger side has a loop of webbing on the side of the seat. That allows the seat back to pull forward to get to the jack. But not on the driver's side. It looks like it's permanently latched, yet I've had it forward and it's on a hinge. Anyone have any ideas about it? Thanks.
There is a strap that you need to pull. Problem is there isn't much room to get your hand in there to grab it. I have spent a lot of time trying to get mine to open but have had no luck yet. There is a Utube showing how to do it out there as well as pictures of it maybe on another Ford forum.

You have to remove the head rest and lift the seat bottom up and then fish around behind the seat back in the area between the head rest area and the driver's side of the seat back for the strap. Then grab and pull it while moving the seat back forwards.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:20 PM
tomatillo
New User
Found it

Thanks Gary and RMcCbride. RMcCbride, you're correct: the 2015 has a small webbing strap down behind the seat a bit about 6 inches to the right of the child seat restraint strap up at the bottom of the rear window and just behind the headrest.

I got it! With your help. See pics. As you say, the seat bottom must be in the up position, then you can fish your hand back there behind the seat and feel for the loop. When I found it, I tied some red paracord to it and fished it through the child seat restraint loop for easy access.

Space is precious little back there, but I was able to store a lot back there. Combined with the under the seat storage area, I got everything stowed from my previous F150.

Thanks again!

Tom

Old 10-10-2015, 02:25 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tomatillo
Thanks Gary and RMcCbride. RMcCbride, you're correct: the 2015 has a small webbing strap down behind the seat a bit about 6 inches to the right of the child seat restraint strap up at the bottom of the rear window and just behind the headrest.

I got it! With your help. See pics. As you say, the seat bottom must be in the up position, then you can fish your hand back there behind the seat and feel for the loop. When I found it, I tied some red paracord to it and fished it through the child seat restraint loop for easy access.

Space is precious little back there, but I was able to store a lot back there. Combined with the under the seat storage area, I got everything stowed from my previous F150.

[FONT=Calibri]Thanks again![/

Tom
Can't see any pictures.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:28 PM
tomatillo
New User
Tried a number of times, but the pictures won't upload. I'll try fewer of them next.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:37 PM
tomatillo
New User
No luck uploading pics

Trying to upload pics, without success.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:21 PM
tomatillo
New User
Pics! Tried it again. Sat and captioned all the pics. Converted them all to jpg. Uploaded and nothing. This is the fourth attempt.

If anyone wants pics, send PM with email.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Try a different browser. Bruno2 was using IE and the pics would act like they were uploading, but after inserting they weren't there. Went to Chrome and they loaded the first try. IB has something messed up on the web code and it apparently doesn't work well with IE.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:28 AM
tomatillo
New User
Thanks Gary. Will do.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:38 AM
tomatillo
New User
Trying pics again; this time from FireFox.

Shows red paracord passed through child seat restraint loop, then back behind seat. It's just there so it doesn't get lost.

Showing super cab with all gear stowed behind and under seat.

Showing gear under seat. Includes road flares, window cleaner, pry bar, 4-way collapsible lug wrench, gorilla tape, hitch pin, recovery strap shackle, army shovel, etc.

Gear to go behind seat.

Behind seat = survival kit, jumper cables, two recovery straps, long crowbar, mallet, ball hitch, hitch wrench, collapsible stove, rope, small propane canister for stove, more.

Red 550 paracord shown with seat folded down and connected to latch pin webbing

Ford's latch, latch pin connector and webbing, and my red paracord with round turn and two half hitches knot.

Latch receiver.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:42 AM
tomatillo
New User
Good job, Gary! Thanks.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Good pics! Good story. Thanks!

Old 10-15-2015, 07:13 PM
tomatillo
New User
I hope it helps someone! Dealers I called had no idea.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:16 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Rep's to you for that effort.

Quick Reply: How do I fold down seat back in super cab?