Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

October Chat Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 09:12 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Wink October Chat Thread

It's already the 4th so I'll "man up" and start this thing off.

The Braves season is (thankfully) over, the Falcons are 3-0
and Autumn is definitely in the air.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:20 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The weather has stopped my turbo install. It about 85% complete

Old 10-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather here is the same (ugly). Didn't get anything done. The Bronco is looking nasty, I had planned to do a full detail yesterday on it, wife's van, and the truck. Hopefully I can get them done next weekend.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:26 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Very quiet this m9nth

Old 10-08-2015, 11:52 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks mecdac for starting a new thread!!

Sorry I have been wide open since the first of the month when I signed into Ft Benning. The rain stop the exhaust leak repair I need to do on the motorhome so I have been commuting back and forth from home to Ft Benning everyday. It's an almost a 3 hr trip one way. I am going to drive the motorhome down to Ft Benning this weekend because by the time I get home at night, I eat, get a shower and then crash. I have a great job here and I can't complain at all.

I did manage to get the carpet, padding and tack strips all pulled up out of the babies room last weekend and I also got the walls painted. We bought the hardwood to put downin there but that is a weekend project in a week or three. I wanted to detail our vehicles last weekend too but that didn't happen beacuse of the weather.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:50 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Hey guys,

Sorry I have been wide open since the first of the month when I signed into Ft Benning. The rain stop the exhaust leak repair I need to do on the motorhome so I have been commuting back and forth from home to Ft Benning everyday. It's an almost a 3 hr trip one way. I am going to drive the motorhome down to Ft Benning this weekend because by the time I get home at night, I eat, get a shower and then crash. I have a great job here and I can't complain at all.

I did manage to get the carpet, padding and tack strips all pulled up out of the babies room last weekend and I also got the walls painted. We bought the hardwood to put downin there but that is a weekend project in a week or three. I wanted to detail our vehicles last weekend too but that didn't happen beacuse of the weather.

When you catch your breath and get settled in . We get together one Monday night and eat some wings

Old 10-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
It was nice enough today take I called my detail guy to take care of the Bronco. So one less that I have to do this weekend. On another note, I re-hired my son to work at the shop. Guess he doesn't like working night as much as he thought.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:03 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Southern Bronco
It was nice enough today take I called my detail guy to take care of the Bronco. So one less that I have to do this weekend. On another note, I re-hired my son to work at the shop. Guess he doesn't like working night as much as he thought.
Or maybe daddy a better more forgiving boss than one not related

Old 10-08-2015, 07:13 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by ChiefM
Hey guys,

I do what I can with what I have.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Originally Posted by hturner12
Or maybe daddy a better more forgiving boss than one not related
I think he got tired of smelling like seafood and working 16 hours days every day since he started with out a day off. Or maybe he just felt sorry for his ole man not having any decent help. Anyway I'm just happy he decided to come back. Now we can get some work done.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:31 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Southern Bronco
I think he got tired of smelling like seafood and working 16 hours days every day since he started with out a day off. Or maybe he just felt sorry for his ole man not having any decent help. Anyway I'm just happy he decided to come back. Now we can get some work done.
Smell like fish, long days ,when that fish came in but I cooked him or smell like oil, gas, diesel, transmission fluid and all the other stuff we play with, when that car came in it did not run but now it runs great and it 6 pm time to go to the house. Would be an easy choice for me, I take option 2

Old 10-09-2015, 05:54 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Early morning greetings! Enjoy your Friday...

Old 10-09-2015, 06:42 AM
GTFun06
Senior User
Happy October everyone! And TGIF! The family went on a vacation last week... north of Myrtle Beach (Sat to Sat) but we had to cut short due to hurricane. We made it home safe and quick thankfully... we left super early Thursday morning...before the roads all got closed up.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:59 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
GT glad y'all got out and back ok.. The turbo install is down to: hookup oil lines, put transmission dipstick back in, hookup the gauges, extend oil sending unit wire and finish building the intake ( parts on order).

Bad thing I got to pull the glow plugs back out, thanks to our crazy weather. Took a break and before I could get back outside a downpour popped up. Yes the hood was up and intake was uncovered. Yesterday as I was turning the engine on cylinder had a whole bunch of compression.

GT have you seen the you may have a 6.0 thread?

Last edited by hturner12; 10-09-2015 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Add text
Old 10-11-2015, 06:36 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I finally got the exhaust leak taken fixed on the motorhome in between the sprinkles. I checked all the fluid levels and loaded up all my stuff. I managed to finish detailing the wife's SUV yesterday. And I also did my first raking of leaves off of the front lawn.

We went yesterday afternoon and had the 3d/ 4d sonogram done and it is amazing stuff they can do now. He loves to have his arms and hands up by his face so it took some time to get some good pics.

I'd rather work on vehicles than smell like fish anyday!!
We will get together Hugh, no problem!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: October Chat Thread