Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

CT Octtober's Halloween BS Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 05:47 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Morning.

I guess I'll mow the lawn it's over do. going to be a nice day out there today in the 60's and going into the 70's tomorrow.

I believe that this is the best season in New England. Not forgetting that I love winter, which is coming fast.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:53 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Sounds like a fun weekend John!

I spent the day truck shopping on Saturday. Had a good deal worked up on a new F150, but a couple of issues with registration made me rethink the deal. Federal law lets me register my vehicles in my state of legal residence, which is New Hampshire so no sales tax. I had a $1,000 coupon from Ford I tried to use, but I would have to register in Minnesota to get that. Which means I would pay MN sales tax. The deal was already more than I wanted to spend, so I took that as a sign to move on and keep my eyes open.

Those new F150s are impressive though! I don't speed, but I love to accelerate. And this little beastie burned the wheels all through 2nd up an on-ramp with 3.31s.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:27 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
morning.

Tom sounds like you had a good day even though you didn't buy a truck. Starting to hear more and more good things about the F150. I think it's worth the few extra bucks, but we all have a budget to live with.

Kathy keeps going back and forth about the Jeep Cherokee limited. For the same reason money. She looked at all the vehicles out there and came back to the Jeep. Now it's convertible vs. hard top and a little extra cans.

Went to the campground yesterday and brought 90% of the stuff home in the utility trailer. Today have to stow all that stuff. Looks like a nice day out there.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:29 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good morning everyone.

So you're done with camp for the year John?

Old 10-06-2015, 07:42 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Tom
Good morning everyone.

So you're done with camp for the year John?
This weekend we have a Halloween party that goes from Friday to Monday, and then Wednesday I put the camper in the upper parking lot for the winter.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evening guys.

Good luck with the truck shopping Tom.

I got done a little early today so I grabbed my boys and went out fishing on Rodgers Lake in Lyme.
Our days are numbered for going out fishing and today was great.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good evening Connecticut!

Thanks Andy.

Just finished installing the 7-pin plug on my wife's Odyssey. Since the Lincoln is gone that has towing duty until I find a truck, and we need to use the trailer this weekend to haul some stuff for a fence.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:41 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Morning.

Another beautiful day here in CT. More work in the back yard today. Getting ready for winter.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:49 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening guys, we have been on a furious pace of 1 chimney a day since Monday, ridiculous pace for a three man crew considering thats a scaffolding setup on each chimney, a tear down, then a rebuild with a formed cap and tear down the scaffold and hit the next job. I slept from 7pm last night to 6 this morning.

Truck search hasn't yielded much, every nice truck I see is gone within a few days! There's some really good ones for sale between the 7-9k range but I don;t want to spend that much at the moment.

Hope everyone's week is going well so far!

Old 10-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Zookie400
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HEY EVERYBODY.

i havent been on a computer in a while, and now i am stuck fighting with my osha training website. it keeps freezing and kicking me out, so i have lost about 3 hours worth of work. now its complaining because i clicked through too fast, so i figured i'd catch up on the FTE happenings. i see we have a ct beer thread. cool.

im taking the girl and the dog camping up at acadia ntl. park (bar harbour ME) this weekend. it wont be warm.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:18 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zookie400
HEY EVERYBODY.

i havent been on a computer in a while, and now i am stuck fighting with my osha training website. it keeps freezing and kicking me out, so i have lost about 3 hours worth of work. now its complaining because i clicked through too fast, so i figured i'd catch up on the FTE happenings. i see we have a ct beer thread. cool.

im taking the girl and the dog camping up at acadia ntl. park (bar harbour ME) this weekend. it wont be warm.
Have a goot time, that place is beautiful!

Old 10-07-2015, 09:22 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i agree, i love that place. Have to go back sometime soon

Old 10-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good evening everyone!

Starting a little fencing project tomorrow. Should be a good time.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:19 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Morning.
My weekend starts today and I'll be off to the trailer for the last weekend. The last blast of the camping year.

Kyle got a question for you. How much should I be paying to get my chimney recapped and the cement between the brick redone? I know your down in Niantic Area and probably don't come up to Newington. Just looking for what a far price goes for.

Bought one of those swings at Cabala's years ago and now the tube metal is staring to rust on the frame. So I decided to get rid of it and put it out in front of the house with a paper saying free scrap metal and gone this morning. Dogs barked a 5 am and the swing frame gone.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good morning everyone.

I've had great luck listing things on the "FREE" section of Craigslist, John. Even stuff I didn't think would move was gone within a day. Even easier to put it in front of the house though!

Quick Reply: CT Octtober's Halloween BS Thread.