Mississippi Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Scndsin

Mississippi FTE Chapter at Cruisin' the Coast 2015

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 10:01 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
Mississippi FTE Chapter at Cruisin' the Coast 2015

The Mississippi chapter of Ford Truck Enthusiasts is glad to tell you that we will once again be at “Cruising The Coast” 2015.

Cruisin' The Coast

We would like to invite all our FTE brothers & sisters attending CTC to stop by our location during the week and introduce yourselves, visit with us, watch the near constant parade of specialty vehicles and allow us to demonstrate why our state is known as “The Hospitality State”.

The Mississippi chapter will once again be located on the on the corner of Beach Blvd (US-90) & Benachi Ave. This location is right next to the Biloxi Welcome Center which has the iconic Biloxi Lighthouse in front of it and approximately 120 yards west of the westbound exit of I-110 onto Hwy-90. We'll have a large lot of packed sand covered in grass along with a bunch of trees. Bring your chairs, pop-ups & awnings. The view is magnificent.

This is the Chapter’s 4th time into being at CTC & my third. Last year was a blast & unfortunately we seemed to miss some folks who stopped by the few times we left the site. Feel free to park on our corner or across the street.

This participation would not be possible with out the help of local FTE member gatormccluskey (Steve). He has gotten us this prime location once again & promises to make sure we have cover, portapot, grill & libations.

It’s unfortunate that I am this late in the year promoting this, but we have high hopes that this will become a steadily growing yearly event and a chance to attract more Ford truck owners of all types to the fellowship that FTE provides.

Please speak up and let us know if you’ll be attending so that we can anticipate meeting new & old friends we’ve only known up till now on the other side of a computer screen. Also if you or someone you know has to leave their Ford truck at home and is driving a hot rod, muscle car, other non-Ford truck or any other type of specialty vehicle for that matter, please feel free to come park with us & visit. Your presence is the important thing.

Any questions, PM me or visit the monthly MS-BS thread.

I'd also like to thank our chapter friend Bryan whose pics I use to show the location each year because they're so good:

Originally Posted by shorebird
Here is the FTE site:

The easiest way to get there from the I-10 is to take exit 46a south to the end of the I-110.
You then take the Keesler Air Force Base exit.
Look to your right and there we will be.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:39 PM
3golfjack
Laughing Gas

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For those of us who can not make it down we want a load of pictures from you lucky guys having the fun. That's a nice looking house in the first picture you have. Is it a older southern house are a newer one built to look old? Them trees with the good shade look like they begging for a Ford truck to be parked under them.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:45 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

That is the Biloxi Visitors Center. Completely new construction I believe.

We're on the corner (From 2013):

From 2014:

Politicians:

Sunset on the Coast:

Old 09-30-2015, 10:42 PM
Robert 78 Ford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC is the best free car show you will ever see

Last year this time I was putting the 5.4L in my 78 Ford. I just finished up putting the 456 gears in the front & rear ends so it will now hold OD on the overpasses with the 37 inch pit bulls. I'll make it over there at least once.
Robert

Old 10-04-2015, 11:48 AM
artscott61
Fleet Mechanic
Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts
We will stop in for sure. I did not see that you had another thread going I did not mean to take over one. Looking forward to meeting people on this site. Thanks

Old 10-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Not a problem. I'm glad you started one over there to spread interest. Ignore PM since I can't keep up with anything right now.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:57 PM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
In one of the pic you posted is Robert Deming. He is on the Biloxi City Counsel. He will be stopping by again this year. Our new mayor has said he would be on site. I will be around all week. The sign will go up tomorrow. Feel free to stop and park. We would love see everybody. I will be "SHINNING" up the place WED - THUR - FRI - SAT. My big assed wife will be there too. The truck will deliver her Friday I think. They are trying to get permits as we speak. Anybody that tells her about this is a lier. I don't have to spell right , I'm shinning now. LMBO

Old 10-04-2015, 09:00 PM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
What about that CHARACTER ? Bro David

Old 10-04-2015, 10:13 PM
f1504x4driver
Proud Pirate
Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts
Steve, I thought Norma said you were her big ***.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

There's so much material here, I don't know where to start.

If br'er gator would take a fraction of time off from faceplant & invest it twoard the chapter thread occasionally, this place would be a heluva' lot more interesting day to day.

Oh & my character is beyond reproach... her name is Terri.

I recall Norma liked this:

Which is great looking truck save for that piece of trash hung up on the bumper.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
I hope its still ok for a TN FTEer to show up for a while. Looks like you have a good spot. I'm with 2 other nonFord folks so I'm not sure. Don't know how parking is going to be.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Its a fair size lot & ther's never that many vehicles.. Somebody's wife always brings a Jeep. Like I said above, itz the fellowship kinda' deal so as long as the non-Ford folk don't shi... er, smack wee're all cool. Glad to have you.

We (me & better half) should be there tommorow PM. The coast folk all have to work.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Robert 78 Ford
Senior User
I already showed my truck & my face. I think I'm driving my truck to work in Gulfport in the morning so I'll be out there tomorrow.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Sorry I missed you. Really want to check this out in person:

Old 10-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Feeling lazy this AM.

Originally Posted by Scndsin
Hi guys. Doing the Cruising the Coast thing & the monthly chapter BS thread is sucking hind tit.

Lots of pictures in my CTC 2015 album. I'll try & post some up as I upload them so look frequently. If there is one you want to see full size, let me know.

Quick Reply: Mississippi FTE Chapter at Cruisin' the Coast 2015