1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Gertie The '49 Ford F-2 Needs a couple things...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 10:33 PM
jdleach
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gertie The '49 Ford F-2 Needs a couple things...

Back when I was posting as "Gertie The '49 Ford F-2", I had gotten some decent used parts off of a couple members here, and was extremely pleased. So now here I am with my hat out looking for a couple other items.

First off, I have lost a few of the door access panel sheet metal screws, and am needing to replace them. While all the usual suspects selling vintage truck parts claim to carry them, they are not the original style (at least when compared to Gertie's screws). All the ones I have seen for sale, are Phillips, mine are all slotted. Played hell finding new lock washers that work, now I only need some screws. Half dozen or so would do nicely.

The other item, and one that nobody had when I was last on FTE, is the radiator splash/air deflector pan. This is the sheet metal pan that runs from the lower valence panel under the grille, to the bottom of the radiator. Has a slot for the crank. There were two types on these old trucks, one for the six, the other for the V8. The V8 pan is longer (from grille to radiator). I need the V8 pan. Preferably without rot (already have one of those), and straight. Seen a few that had huge holes in them, or were seriously wadded up.

Anyone have a nice pan lying around????

Thanks in advance folks.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:17 AM
JPMallory
Laughing Gas

Received 105 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by jdleach
Back when I was posting as "Gertie The '49 Ford F-2", I had gotten some decent used parts off of a couple members here, and was extremely pleased. So now here I am with my hat out looking for a couple other items.

First off, I have lost a few of the door access panel sheet metal screws, and am needing to replace them. While all the usual suspects selling vintage truck parts claim to carry them, they are not the original style (at least when compared to Gertie's screws). All the ones I have seen for sale, are Phillips, mine are all slotted. Played hell finding new lock washers that work, now I only need some screws. Half dozen or so would do nicely.

The other item, and one that nobody had when I was last on FTE, is the radiator splash/air deflector pan. This is the sheet metal pan that runs from the lower valence panel under the grille, to the bottom of the radiator. Has a slot for the crank. There were two types on these old trucks, one for the six, the other for the V8. The V8 pan is longer (from grille to radiator). I need the V8 pan. Preferably without rot (already have one of those), and straight. Seen a few that had huge holes in them, or were seriously wadded up.

Anyone have a nice pan lying around????

Thanks in advance folks.
I may be able to help you on the door panel screws. Mine were all mis-matched, so I just replaced all of them with philips heads. I'll look for the old ones after work tonight, and let you know how many I have.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:49 PM
jdleach
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JPMallory
I may be able to help you on the door panel screws. Mine were all mis-matched, so I just replaced all of them with philips heads. I'll look for the old ones after work tonight, and let you know how many I have.
Thanks JP.

Hell, if you got any, I could just run down to New Albany to pick them up. See another old Ford truck to boot.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:08 AM
JPMallory
Laughing Gas

Received 105 Likes on 48 Posts
I've found six. Come on down.