Old 11-11-2015, 10:06 AM
jswartz84
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Na, just a 33 year old stallion

Old 11-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Y2KW57
Received 3,314 Likes on 1,740 Posts
Oh to be 33 and fancy free again! Report back in 20 years and tell us how you do it.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:05 AM
jswartz84
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
Oh to be 33 and fancy free again! Report back in 20 years and tell us how you do it.
That might be a different story.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:24 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 978 Posts
Exactly MY problem.....and why I'm on the schedule to have mine wrapped again this year! Take that 20 years X2 and you're MY age!

Old 11-19-2015, 09:38 PM
DeeDubz
More Turbo
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I had a cover when I first bought my 5th wheel. I about killed myself putting it one a few times. Wasn't worth it too me. I'd take the 400 bux and go buy something else. I was able to get most of my money back selling it online.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:20 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Update on having RV wrapped.... the owner called from the place that wrapped my 29-5 Arctic Fox last year an told me the price this year is DOUBLE what it was last year.... declined the offer!!! Gonna check around to see if there are any others that will do it......

Old 11-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Y2KW57
Received 3,314 Likes on 1,740 Posts
You could probably buy that 33 yr old stallion Jswartz84 a plane ticket and have him stride up there and cover it for you in 15 minutes and be back home at PDX by nightfall.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:27 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 794 Likes on 557 Posts
We just put our higher end ADCO heavy weight Tyvek cover on our TT yesterday (had the older standard grey one for the old toyhauler, this one is better quality), this is it's 3rd year in service and it is beginning to show a little wear in the higher abrasion spots, not bad though. Our TT is 41' long (hitch to bumper, don't know actual roof length, Jayco 338RETS) and has 2 roof ACs, bath skylight, 3 tank vents, 2 Maxair covered vents, TV and radio antenni along with rear ladder as well as 3 sets of slide toppers and the awning rain gutter extension spouts, plenty of snag opportunities! How we do it seems pretty effective and somewhat easy. We take it out of the bag (yeah, it fits back in there just fine!) and lay it out in front of the TT in the driveway. Then we lay the front of the cover on the ground just in front of the hitch and crumple stack the balance of the cover on top of it. Then my wife gets up on the roof (see how smart I am! ) and I pass the rear end of the cover up to her with an 8' pole. She then slowly walks the cover back along the roof while I fluff it full of air at the front cap, this allows it to easily flow up and onto the roof with very little effort. As she hits any of the various snags along the way I use the same pole to lift the cover over it and free things up. When she gets close to the rear she just bunches up the last several feet on the roof and I stop feeding it when the front cap has it's normal 2' of white top overhang showing. I then work the curb side rear corner into place with the pole and she makes the street side rear corner good from the rear ladder. All of this is done with the 3 curb side zippers unzipped to make it less snagable, we then zip the zippers up and work together with her tossing the belly straps under to me where I fasten them. From the time I carried the cover out of the garage until we finished the belly straps was about 40 minutes and that is with us being careful without trying to hurry the job up. She stays pretty much to the center of the roof (as close as the fixtures allow) due the curved roof shape and her comfort level. Fluffing it up like a parachute as it goes up really makes the job much easier, just need to work when there is little wind.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:55 AM
Toyhauler Tug
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We also use an Adco Tyvec cover, year four and showing a little wear. We keep ours in a large plastic garbage can with wheels for ease of moving and fit. Working back to front is easiest for us so we take it off front to back and stuff it in can so front is at the top of the can. You can snap a pic with smart phone for reference of where not to step until your more familiar with your roof. My wife and I work together, me on roof pulling and her fluffing. I actually like a little breese to help fluff. Strap it down well cuz the more air that gets under it the more it will wear. Keep on truckin'.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Not my day, I guess. Got the camper's 12 sharp ended roof drain spouts all wrapped, the sharp spots on the steps wrapped and went to the big trash can with the cover in it - and found that somehow mice had gotten in and eaten large holes through about 6 layers of my higher line ADCO cover. Off to the dump tomorrow with the remains. The fiver is not going to have a cover this winter. I know mice are resourceful getting in tight places - but a covered plastic trash bin that has no openings, cracks, etc???? Phew!! What really hurts is the pain in my left rear wallet pocket

Old 11-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Shovelheadrob
Fleet Mechanic
Received 139 Likes on 79 Posts
I feel your pain, we have had mice in our workshop, there is no food on site & it's a steel and concrete building but they still came in & made a home in the removable seats from the boss's Mercedes people carrier. We have now suspended them from the roof but today I found bits of foam on the floor below the seats, it's a 30ft climb to get up to them!

Old 11-30-2015, 06:15 AM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Shovelheadrob
I feel your pain, we have had mice in our workshop, there is no food on site & it's a steel and concrete building but they still came in & made a home in the removable seats from the boss's Mercedes people carrier. We have now suspended them from the roof but today I found bits of foam on the floor below the seats, it's a 30ft climb to get up to them!

As far as not having a cover this year - at least it will allow easy access to the inside of the 5er to inspect for --- mouse incursion and their little black presents

I know in the 'world order' that mice have a place - but quite frankly, I would prefer that place to be somewhere besides helping to destroy my little corner of existence - along with their brothers in fur, chipmunks. Between the two, they have done thousands of dollars in damage to my wallet including the cover, destroying a reefer in an earlier RV and eating chunks out of my temporary power cord

Old 11-30-2015, 04:06 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Hey Dave...you forgot the "tree rats".... I have personally eliminated well over 100 in my back yard! 22 caliber pellets are MUCH cheaper than the damage they bring!

Old 11-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Hey Dave...you forgot the "tree rats".... I have personally eliminated well over 100 in my back yard! 22 caliber pellets are MUCH cheaper than the damage they bring!
Bud - I am all too well aware of 'tree rats' or 'tree rodents' since I live virtually in the woods and the woods being mostly oaks. I did a less then smart thing and have a Crosman scoped .177 instead of the harder hitting .22 - but that can do the job too

Additionally, with no cover, over the winter I can adjust the BAL LR slide cables that just started squealing. I still do prefer having a cover though and may spring for a Calmark next fall if my ship comes in (RV Covers 6 YEAR warranty, rv cover, trailer cover, 5th wheel cover, toy hauler covers. CalMark RV Cover Co - Sunbrella RV Cover )

Old 12-01-2015, 04:27 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Dave, have you priced yours out? What was it? It might be worth it now that a opted out to paying the boat wrappers double what they charged me last year! I didn't wanna give CalMark my name ..... yet!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RV Covers