2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

PUTC: 2017 Super Duty Details

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 11:47 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CuNmUdF250
Superduty version of F150 .......that's not a bad thing .......and hey the V10 is back
V10 never left, only available in cab and chassis trucks. Not offered in the regular pick up trucks.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:57 PM
CuNmUdF250
Posting Guru

Hard to deny the F150 similarity. ......especially with my creative artwork

Old 09-25-2015, 03:54 AM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Troy Buenger
Your 2011 like many others probably lost fuel economy due to a flash update... Having said that my '12 with 77k miles makes better fuel economy than it did when I drove it off the lot and it's completely stock.

Sounds like the Ram guy that claims getting over 20mpg. lol Flash ain't got nothing to do with it. The DPF's plugging up and Ford refusing to replace them has everything to do with it.

Originally Posted by George C
If you do a little reading, you will see that the DEF/SCR after treatment is a huge leap forward for engine health and emissions treatment.

You want to see bad? Just look what the 6.4l had to deal with, trying to perform with a 100% EGR "in" cylinder "treatment".
That system, if not removed, destroys an engine from the inside out usually within 100k. Remove EGR, and the engine becomes a 400k engine again.
DEF reduces EGR by half, and allows your Diesel engine to actually breath cleaner air again, instead of flooding your intake with engine killing exhaust.
I'm not afraid of the new emissions system at all.
Read up on SCR vs. EGR and you will understand that DEF is your friend.
Problem was I left all of that garbage on too long. I'll never make that mistake again. Hopefully I'll still get good life out of, but at least I've already started building the replacement. I love that it is way more dependable than any International that I've had, put the reverse engineering is unicorns and leprechauns! It all has cut diesel efficiency by 25-50%. These truck with 3.31 gears should be able to return 25 mpg all day with the amount of torque they are making and 6 speed transmissions. I have a 1986 Ranger Diesel that gets 39 mpg and my '06 MegaCab gets 22-25 all day doing 80 mph on 37"s. The Italian EcoDiesel even returns 30 mpg. Diehard that refuse to criticize at all are funny. I'm a Ford guy through and through the only reason I own the one Dodge is because it was the 1st MegaCab ever made and it was my buddy's that passed away and I plan on giving it to his son. Only reason my '74 crew is getting a Cummins is because it's next to impossible to run one of these sweet 6.7 Powerstrokes in there. A stand alone would be awesome.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:16 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,185 Likes on 569 Posts
Originally Posted by CuNmUdF250
.......and hey the V10 is back

People keep misinterpreting this. The V10 never left. It was just relegated to CC trucks in 2011 as it can't keep up with emissions regulations in pickups and will not be offered in them this time around either.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:28 AM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
I really like it! Especially the blue one pictured at the top of this thread. The dually fenders leave much to be desired but things can change. I'll never own one of these gems because I won't have a new truck until something like 2030. Ha!

I think what I like is it's more of a true redesign rather than tweaking the body year to year taking away people's favorite parts of each previous model years. Although the 2011 had significant changes. I mean from 99-2010 everything but the front ends sort of stayed the same.

To each their own. I'm sure my 08 won't leave the stable for many, many years to come. Can't afford these new beasts. Even if I could I'd likely jump to a cc 450/550 for the V10. I know the diesel is a beast, but it's just not for me unless I fall into some money.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:56 AM
kbarbee95
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is it the exact same F150 cab or is it bigger??? I sure hope it's bigger that would be so dumb if it was just the exact same cab. I mean its the superduty it HAS to be bigger! And im guessing theres no mega cab because the cab lenght is already "6 inches longer"

Old 09-25-2015, 09:33 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Pretty sure its the same cab. That will save huge amounts on cost. Some of you guys forget that boys who want to feel like they have giant trucks are actually a very small portion of the buyers. Most go to companies who care about cost and utility. Many retail deals are based on combining capability for their personal needs with travel comfort. The "my truck is bigger than your" crowd is fairly small in new truck purchases.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:01 AM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Deleted...............

Old 09-25-2015, 10:21 AM
Gangly
Junior User
The front grill makes the truck look like a weak, light duty truck and that side vent is HIDEOUS. Otherwise, the rest of the truck looks pretty sexy. The refresh in a few years will fix the grill and side "vent". Ford did a decent job with this one.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:31 AM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Dually fenders are better than 11-16 IMO. Still not liking the nose, but the not-Platinum model is significantly better so far. Mirrors eh, headlights/grille eh, badges barf, but body, hood, and cab lines are a win in the newest pics. XL model pics are my favorites so far, the headlights don't look near as weird with black cutouts in them. So maybe the aftermarket will come up with a good replacement grille.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:46 AM
Gangly
Junior User

That grill looks like the detachable blade from a Gillet Mach 5 Razor.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:53 AM
bubbasz1
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by kbarbee95
So is it the exact same F150 cab or is it bigger??? I sure hope it's bigger that would be so dumb if it was just the exact same cab. I mean its the superduty it HAS to be bigger! And im guessing theres no mega cab because the cab lenght is already "6 inches longer"
Just read an article that says it's the same cab, that leaves me out, I would never be comfortable in a 150, too snug for my likes.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:56 AM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Originally Posted by Gangly

That grill looks like the detachable blade from a Gillet Mach 5 Razor.

I think many of us would be just fine with a bladed grill opposed to this. The Edge and Explorer grill designs are far more clean and bold. This has more in common with a foundation vent.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Gangly
Junior User
Hope its not the same cab, f150 is too tight.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:03 AM
22rimfire
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel
Dually fenders are better than 11-16 IMO. Still not liking the nose, but the not-Platinum model is significantly better so far. Mirrors eh, headlights/grille eh, badges barf, but body, hood, and cab lines are a win in the newest pics. XL model pics are my favorites so far, the headlights don't look near as weird with black cutouts in them. So maybe the aftermarket will come up with a good replacement grille.
I pretty much agree with Texastech on the appearance. Overall, I really like it. I don't think looking like the f150 is a bad thing. The grill/light area is what I like the least. At a time when technology is allowing smaller, yet better lighting, why would they put those monsters on. Looks like the curve they put on the mirrors makes them smaller, and the 11-16 mirrors look like truck mirrors should to me. Can't comment on the technology, or the convenience and safety features as I don't know much yet, but I'm sure Ford did well as they usually do (excepting MyTouch), which had its problems.

Interior wise, I'll take a Ford interior over GM or Ram any day. I have sat in a '16 f150 and liked it a lot, and since these share the same cab they should be similar.

So overall for me if my '15 wasn't just 5 months old I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Aluminum and all.

Quick Reply: PUTC: 2017 Super Duty Details