1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

2016 TRUCKSTOCK

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 10:31 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 857 Likes on 456 Posts
So, what Truckstock will this be? I know there is or was one out west.

Would it be "Truckstock 4" for example? Or "Truckstock 5"?

Old 07-05-2016, 10:50 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EffieTrucker
So, what Truckstock will this be? I know there is or was one out west.

Would it be "Truckstock 4" for example? Or "Truckstock 5"?
I think we are sticking with Truckstock 2016.
But here is the rundown

Truckstock 2012 Blackey, KY
Truckfest 2013 Normal IL.
Truckstock 2013 Blackey, KY
Truckstock 2014 W, Portsmouth, OH
Truckfest 2014 Germantown, WI.
Truckstock 2015 Pikeville, TN
WC Truckstock 2016 Lincoln, CA.

NEXT*** Truckstock 2016 Pikeville, TN

So this will be our 8th event.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:12 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Two thoughts on the food situation.

First, I don't think it's fair that Joe or anyone else bears the brunt of providing the bulk of the cookout food, utensils, sides, etc., compensated or not. How can we spread the effort around?

Second, the lodge restaurant is great, but it would be nice to cruise into Spencer or Pikeville for a meal or two. There's a small restaurant in Spencer that gets high marks, The Old Times Cafe. Worth a try?

Old 07-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1

First, I don't think it's fair that Joe or anyone else bears the brunt of providing the bulk of the cookout food, utensils, sides, etc., compensated or not. How can we spread the effort around?

Second, the lodge restaurant is great, but it would be nice to cruise into Spencer or Pikeville for a meal or two. There's a small restaurant in Spencer that gets high marks, The Old Times Cafe. Worth a try?

I agree. The lodge restaurant is really handy for breakfast, but I'd like to see a change of scenery for some of the evening meals. I can bring (or get at the local grocery stores there) any of the necessary cookout food, utensils, etc.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:35 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Starting to really regret we are going to make it this year. It been a long year and could use a road trip. Always next year. Have fun everyone.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:12 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ross and Doc are right about Joe should not have to do this alone. We are willing to help any way we can. We can pack a cooler or purchase things at the local store. How ever you decide i best count us in. Bobbi & Dave

Old 07-06-2016, 11:02 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Truckstock '16

Yes . please let us know how we can help on the dinner gathering & what we need to bring . We are going to stop in town on the way to purchase supplies . Am looking forward to getting way to TS16 , Not bringing a FORD truck driving the '93 Dakota .One of 100 made with all the options in a specific configuration .It is really neat & hauls a$$ .

Old 07-06-2016, 11:06 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1

Originally Posted by Doc
I agree. The lodge restaurant is really handy for breakfast, but I'd like to see a change of scenery for some of the evening meals. I can bring (or get at the local grocery stores there) any of the necessary cookout food, utensils, etc.
Originally Posted by 49f3dls
Ross and Doc are right about Joe should not have to do this alone. We are willing to help any way we can. We can pack a cooler or purchase things at the local store. How ever you decide i best count us in. Bobbi & Dave
First, Ross I am familiar with the Old Times Cafe, have eaten there before, it is a small quaint very old restaurant and I agree with the reviews, however it is VERY Small with a small parking lot, I'm not sure they could accommodate the size of our group. I had sent out or posted a list last year of some restaurants within driving distance, but I can't locate my copy. There are a couple in Pikeville like the Pig N Catch https://www.facebook.com/pigncatchre...12905838812168 it's 20 miles (about 30 min drive) There is also the Cookie Jar About Us near Dunlap, it's 37 miles (about 45min drive)
I will be happy to bring along tables and some extra chairs as well as a couple extra coolers. Patti mentioned that some of the girls last year talked about bringing 'covered dishes' for supper one night. If you all decide to do a hot dog / hamburger type cookout I would be happy to pick those supplies up in Crossville, on my way there (It's the closest town with larger super Markets) I can save the receipts and everybody can chip in to cover the cost.
But the bottom line is that this is Dave's event and I think that we need to let him make the decisions.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
Whatever Dave needs or wants to do, I'm good with it. The good thing about those cabins is they all have kitchens. I remember my wife made some homemade soup in a crock pot that weekend. As a result, we had something to eat whenever we wanted between the meals at the lodge or the cookouts, etc.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:20 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 857 Likes on 456 Posts
I would like to renew my offer to take care of tee shirts.

If enough are interested I'll finalize the design I have in mind. Then I can get the actual cost from the printer.

I have a few questions:

Would you prefer a single graphic on the front, or the graphic on the back and a small logo on the front?

To keep it simple, the tee shirts will all be the same weight. Would you prefer the heavy cotton or the lighter cotton blend? (personally, I like the cotton)

How many are actually interested, and how many would they like?

We can work out other details when we see how many we need, if any, and get a price.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:57 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by EffieTrucker
I would like to renew my offer to take care of tee shirts.

If enough are interested I'll finalize the design I have in mind. Then I can get the actual cost from the printer.

I have a few questions:

Would you prefer a single graphic on the front, or the graphic on the back and a small logo on the front?

To keep it simple, the tee shirts will all be the same weight. Would you prefer the heavy cotton or the lighter cotton blend? (personally, I like the cotton)

How many are actually interested, and how many would they like?

We can work out other details when we see how many we need, if any, and get a price.
I'd be interested in 2 XXL and 2 XXXL

Old 07-09-2016, 12:29 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Food

I have been thinking about this , Last year Joe had , light food for those when they showed up . I was thinking a couple of crock pots with chili , Meatballs and sauce , sub rolls , chips . tea , lemonade . That would be for Thursday , and Friday . Friday night we could do burgers , dogs , salads , Sat , we will have to decide about a drive and eating out , or just hang out and cook something at the cabins . It seems that most would be just as happy hanging around and being mellow . I am open to any ideals . Depending on how many trucks show up really determines what kind of drive to go on , the bigger the parade the more problems come up . If you want to do a covered dish that sounds great to me . Also anyone that's into ridding bikes , Docs kids had a great time last year , so bring your bikes .

Old 07-09-2016, 12:31 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
TEE Shirts , what ever you can get and looks good to you . I trust your judgment . I will take 2

Old 07-09-2016, 12:33 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
What ever you decided , I trust your judgment , If you give to many choices it will drive you crazy

Old 07-09-2016, 01:54 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Two extra large on the shirts ( in a light color , ash ? ) & like the idea of a large back design w/ small pocket location logo .

Also have half of cabin 321 to share .Daughter , grand daughter & Scott will not be able to make it . If no one takes me up on it I will cancel the cabin & stay at the inn .. Let me know asap , Thanks , Denny

Quick Reply: 2016 TRUCKSTOCK