1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 F350 Steering

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 12:04 PM
jds92570
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
I understand your frustration, jds92570. If you'd like, you can schedule an appointment at Bolton Ford by using this link: Ford Service, Repairs, Maintenance | Lake Charles, LA Send a quick PM my way when you're heading in; I'll re-open your case.

Crystal
I'm heading to my local dealership right now, to get to the bottom of whose telling whom what!

Old 11-19-2015, 05:31 PM
RABRAZ
Junior User
Death Wobble

Sorry it took me so long to answer this. Been out of touch.
I am not much on turning a wrench so bare with me. The Ford service notes say they replaced some type of rod assy #BC3Z3304A, drag link?? and alignment.
It further states the service dept found the trackbar and pitman to be within manufacturer specs.
After all the dealer and 4 Wheel Parts have done on the truck, hopefully I do not have any death wobble issues for a long, long time.
Like I mentioned in previous post, the truck drives better now than it did when I drove it brand new off the lot. In all fairness, I think I never experienced the problem until the shocks went weak on me. About a year.
Mind you, I have only had the truck in 4 wheel off the road twice and in 4 wheel at a boat ramp twice. This truck is pretty much a tow vehicle. I work it pretty hard towing all my toys and toy haulers. A reliable frontend is critical to me. I do consider it a shame I would have dump over a grand into this truck to solve a problem on a truck with only 31k on it.
I hope everyone finds solutions to their problem. Perhaps Ford Corporate will pay attention to what is going on here.

Attached Images   
Old 11-19-2015, 05:36 PM
RABRAZ
Junior User
Death Wobble

I am not much on turning a wrench so bear with me. The Ford service notes say they replaced some type of rod assy #BC3Z3304A, drag link?? and alignment.
It further states the service dept found the trackbar and pitman to be within manufacturer specs.
After all the dealer and 4 Wheel Parts have done on the truck, hopefully I do not have any death wobble issues for a long, long time.
Like I mentioned in previous post, the truck drives better now than it did when I drove it brand new off the lot. In all fairness, I think I never experienced the problem until the shocks went weak on me. About a year.
Mind you, I have only had the truck in 4 wheel off the road twice and in 4 wheel at a boat ramp twice. This truck is pretty much a tow vehicle. I work it pretty hard towing all my toys and toy haulers. A reliable frontend is critical to me. I do consider it a shame I would have dump over a grand into this truck to solve a problem on a truck with only 31k on it.
I hope everyone finds solutions to their problem. Perhaps Ford Corporate will pay attention to what is going on here.

Attached Images    
Old 11-20-2015, 09:53 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RABRAZ
I am not much on turning a wrench so bear with me. The Ford service notes say they replaced some type of rod assy #BC3Z3304A, drag link?? and alignment.
Like I mentioned in previous post, the truck drives better now than it did when I drove it brand new off the lot...
I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved, RABRAZ. Feel free to PM me if you need any help in the future.

Crystal

Old 02-08-2016, 08:41 AM
RABRAZ
Junior User
Death Wobble

Originally Posted by FordService
I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved, RABRAZ. Feel free to PM me if you need any help in the future.

Crystal
Well, I am back. Everything had been good up until a week ago. I was super happy with the new shocks and steering damper at a cost of over $1k then last week I was driving the truck to pick up my fifth wheel and I noticed the frontend felt loose. No death wobble but something was definitely wrong. Hitched up and got up on I35 and talk about white knuckle driving. I never knew what lane I was going to wind up in. The truck is drifting all over the road and I could not control it or keep it from happening. I made it to my destination, unhitched and the drive home was even worse. My truck is now back at the dealer with a frontend complaint. I have explained the problem and am waiting to see what they come up with. I consider myself an excellent driver with a great driving record. I know these problems are not made up or just in my head.
I have done everything that has been recommended by the dealer and if Ford cannot get this truck to drive straight down the road, I am done with it. I will not spend another dollar on a truck I bought new, have an extended warranty and that I cannot trust or depend on to get me and my family safely to our destination.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:03 AM
dave7200
Junior User
I have a 2015 F350 FX4 Regular cab. I have driven many, many solid axle four wheelers, some old some brand new. I have never driven one that drives and steers as nice as this does. A while back Four Wheeler magazine did an article on how ford “really hit the mark with the steering on the super duty” and they were right on with that statement. I comment all the time about how pleased I am with the handling of this truck. The original poster either has very unrealistic expectations or his truck has something terribly wrong with it.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:08 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Well, I am back. Everything had been good up until a week ago. I was super happy with the new shocks and steering damper at a cost of over $1k then last week I was driving the truck to pick up my fifth wheel and I noticed the frontend felt loose...
Hi RABRAZ,

I'd like to look into this further to see how I can best assist. To get started, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll start researching options.

Crystal

Old 02-08-2016, 11:40 AM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 250 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by dave7200
I have a 2015 F350 FX4 Regular cab. I have driven many, many solid axle four wheelers, some old some brand new. I have never driven one that drives and steers as nice as this does. A while back Four Wheeler magazine did an article on how ford “really hit the mark with the steering on the super duty” and they were right on with that statement. I comment all the time about how pleased I am with the handling of this truck. The original poster either has very unrealistic expectations or his truck has something terribly wrong with it.
I have a 2015 f150 and two 2016 f350s....they get driven a lot and driven hard and worked hard.
They all handle so well!
Towing heavy, loaded heavy, empty, or somewhere in between with say just 2000 pounds in the box, or just towing a light trailer of say 5000....it doesn't matter.
Any scenario we throw at them they handle it great.
Only time they wander at all is when towing a huge trailer on a windy day.
Then the wind can sometimes move the truck around.
Slowing down helps a lot when that happens.

Last edited by sky Cowboy; 02-08-2016 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 02-08-2016, 04:29 PM
RABRAZ
Junior User
Superduty Frontend Issues

I can honestly say I never had an issue with the frontend on my 2011 F250. It was solid and pleasure to drive once I got past the transmission issues.
I think it is great that not all Superduty owners are having this problem. That means there is hope for a solution but make no mistake about it, there are too many of us with this complaint to blame it on high expectations or the wind blowing.
That said, I guess you can say I do have high expectations when I pay $50k on a vehicle. I expect it to run straight down the road without having to fight it to do so.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:45 PM
don123
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My 2015 f350 handles and rides great. I drove the chevy and ram before I bought my truck and I'll take the ford over either of those.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:14 PM
RABRAZ
Junior User
Steering issues

I do or did not mean my last post to sound as if I do not recognize there are many other possibilities for a truck to be pushed off track. Including the weather. I would hope I know my truck well enough by now to recognize when something is mechanically wrong. When the truck drives perfect for the first year then starts to not drive perfect you start to seek answers. When the manufacturer's service manager finally acknowledges the problem but tells you the manufacturer does not acknowledge the problem, it speaks volumes. By the way, for what ever reason that service manager is no longer employed by the dealer. I am seriously concerned that the person I am now dealing with will give me a call tomorrow and state everything is within "tolerance" and they can find nothing wrong.
I am not certain what I will or can do if that happens. You hate to spend that much time and money on tow vehicle only to know in your heart it is not safe to drive.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:40 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

I do or did not mean my last post to sound as if I do not recognize there are many other possibilities for a truck to be pushed off track. Including the weather. I would hope I know my truck well enough by now to recognize when something is mechanically wrong. When the truck drives perfect for the first year then starts to not drive perfect you start to seek answers. When the manufacturer's service manager finally acknowledges the problem but tells you the manufacturer does not acknowledge the problem, it speaks volumes. By the way, for what ever reason that service manager is no longer employed by the dealer. I am seriously concerned that the person I am now dealing with will give me a call tomorrow and state everything is within "tolerance" and they can find nothing wrong.
I am not certain what I will or can do if that happens. You hate to spend that much time and money on tow vehicle only to know in your heart it is not safe to drive.
I know that I did not take it wrong....and doubt anyone else will either.
Its BS that your truck has a problem.
But i think that since most are good they should be able to compare yours to a healtjy specimen, and find the issue easily.
Or at least i hope so.
Cheers

Old 02-10-2016, 08:15 PM
RABRAZ
Junior User
F350 Steering

Ok. So now I feel like an idiot. The NSide Ford Service Advisor Michael Rigdon called today telling me my truck was ready. Apparently the bracket holding the new Rancho steering bracket had slipped and was up against the drag link. This was what was causing the drift. I guess I missed it when I crawled around under the truck looking for the obvious.
I love my truck again. Pulled a 38' 11k lbs trailer through heavy traffic this afternoon and it was good not to have the wheel in a death grip.
Anyway, the service folks at NSide Ford San Antonio were the absolute greatest. In fact I cannot say enough good stuff about the entire Ford staff that has worked with me on this problem. I want to thank everyone from Ford who played a part in this.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:08 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Ok. So now I feel like an idiot. The NSide Ford Service Advisor Michael Rigdon called today telling me my truck was ready. Apparently the bracket holding the new Rancho steering bracket had slipped and was up against the drag link. This was what was causing the drift. I guess I missed it when I crawled around under the truck looking for the obvious.
I love my truck again. Pulled a 38' 11k lbs trailer through heavy traffic this afternoon and it was good not to have the wheel in a death grip.
Anyway, the service folks at NSide Ford San Antonio were the absolute greatest. In fact I cannot say enough good stuff about the entire Ford staff that has worked with me on this problem. I want to thank everyone from Ford who played a part in this.
Glad to hear it.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:06 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
I'm glad everything worked out, RABRAZ! If you need any help in the future, you know how to reach me. Additionally, if you'd like me to document your feedback about this experience, feel free to PM me with any details you'd like to have included.

Crystal

Quick Reply: 2015 F350 Steering