1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 F350 Lariat CCLB 6.4L Build

Old 10-20-2015, 08:48 AM
DGB3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
That is cool. Are you able to use the left cubby?
Thanks. No I can't use the ash tray if that's what your talking about. I only used it for spare change anyways so it's not that big of a deal for me. Already found a different spot for it.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:36 PM
DGB3
Senior User
Been a bit since I've posted anything. Nothing new with the truck. She's running great.

I got a new to me shotgun, Remington 870 Express Magnum. It needs some work so it's the new project for now. It will give me a good canvas to try some new techniques and ideas.

Some ideas still for the truck but extra hands are needed, which I don't have, so it will wait for now.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:04 PM
DGB3
Senior User
Works been running me ragged plus started another job. Havnt had time to do anything really and now it's gotten too cold to do anything really. I did put the cap on the truck only to find out it wouldn't close due to the tailgate step making the tailgate thicker. So I sold it and found an Undercover Tonneau Cover for $200 on craigslist. A dealer had it, said someone bought it and didn't like it so they returned it 2 weeks later. I'm not complaining! I'll try to get pics up later today. Hopefully now I'll be able to finish the bed storage project.

Have some guns to rebuild and refinish on my plate now so not much will be done on the truck. If anybody is interested in those projects let me know and I'll post updates here or links to updates if I find a good site for it.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-10-2015, 11:15 AM
DGB3
Senior User

So heres the tonneau cover. I like it and it keeps everything dry.

I finally ordered the correct remote for my remote start and it came in yesterday. I'm having a problem getting it to program though. I have an AutoStart AS-1755. I can get it into programing mode but the remote does not pair with the system. The remote works (it lights up when you press a button) but I can't get it to pair. Does anybody have any ideas as to why or what to do to fix this issue?

Old 12-31-2015, 04:46 PM
DGB3
Senior User
Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

So I woke up 2 days ago to a flat tire and pouring down rain and was late for work. Long story short, I just took the tire off and took it to get repaired. Had a nice size rock stuck deep in it (they just put some new rock down my road). Couldn't get the spare tire down because I don't have the key that goes on the end of the stick to lower it.

I called the Ford dealer and they said they couldn't order me one and that I just had to cut the cable to get the tire down and then to replace the entire spare tire holder was a couple hundred dollars just for the part.

Anybody know where I can order a key for it or another way to get the tire down so I can still use it to put the tire back? I don't like having the tire in the bed unsecured and hell will freeze over before I leave it at home.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:57 PM
ultrasks700
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackSwampFirearms
Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

So I woke up 2 days ago to a flat tire and pouring down rain and was late for work. Long story short, I just took the tire off and took it to get repaired. Had a nice size rock stuck deep in it (they just put some new rock down my road). Couldn't get the spare tire down because I don't have the key that goes on the end of the stick to lower it.

I called the Ford dealer and they said they couldn't order me one and that I just had to cut the cable to get the tire down and then to replace the entire spare tire holder was a couple hundred dollars just for the part.

Anybody know where I can order a key for it or another way to get the tire down so I can still use it to put the tire back? I don't like having the tire in the bed unsecured and hell will freeze over before I leave it at home.
I had the same problem. Here's what I did...cut the cable, get the tire down, there is a plastic tube that you stick the extension in to lower the tire, remove that and then you can pop the "key" off. Once it's off you don't need it anymore to lower the tire and can just use the extensions.
Now for the cut cable...use two or three cable clamps and no need to buy a whole new unit. Now your not going to have the special key anymore...but do you really need it? I mean who steals spare tires these days?

Old 12-31-2015, 06:22 PM
DGB3
Senior User
Originally Posted by ultrasks700
I had the same problem. Here's what I did...cut the cable, get the tire down, there is a plastic tube that you stick the extension in to lower the tire, remove that and then you can pop the "key" off. Once it's off you don't need it anymore to lower the tire and can just use the extensions.
Now for the cut cable...use two or three cable clamps and no need to buy a whole new unit. Now your not going to have the special key anymore...but do you really need it? I mean who steals spare tires these days?
Your right, who steals spare tires these days... So just cut the cable and then use cable clamps. Are you talking about those clamp things that are like a u-bolt kinda thing and just make a loop to hold the piece that goes through the rim to hold it up? I know the tube you speak of, is it easy to get off? And what is the best way to pop the "key" piece off?

Old 01-05-2016, 02:24 PM
TheBigBee
Cargo Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
There are a bunch of them on ebay. Do you know what part number it is?

Old 01-05-2016, 02:26 PM
TheBigBee
Cargo Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Stole this from another thread!

Originally Posted by normanoid
The spare tire key on Ford trucks is nothing more than an adapter in the original older Ford spare tire hoist. Ford will tell you there are 16 different key designs. Not all Ford dealers have the full key set to find out which one you have. I lowered my spare with a SEARS CRAFTSMAN stripped bolt head remover kit. You can get the set at Sears for about $30 bucks if you dont already have it. They fit in a standard socket. You will need a long 3/8" extension to reach the key, or a few of them together. Just chuck up the extension in a 1/2" cordless drill, reverse drill direction(counter clockwise), push the bolt remover onto the key with a little pressure and the tire will drop in about 5 seconds! Once it is down, pull off the plastic tube for the crank, use a flat screwdriver to pop off the key revealing a rectangular hole in the tire hoist. You can then either leave it off like I did, or take the key to Ford where they should be able to order the correct replacement. Replace the crank tube and your done. Also, if you dont have a factory crank kit you can use that same 3/8" extension to raise and lower the tire without any socket on the end of it. The extension will fit in the hole in the hoist by itself.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:30 PM
DGB3
Senior User
Originally Posted by TheBigBee
Stole this from another thread!
Awesome! Thanks! It's been kinda cold here the past few days (30's) and I havnt wanted to go outside and do anything so I havnt touched it yet. I will give it a try once it warms up a bit, should be back in the 50's this weekend.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:45 AM
DGB3
Senior User
Well It finally warmed up a bit this past weekend. Ended up raining though on my only day off. I did have about a 2 hour window where I managed to get oil changes done on the wifes car and on the truck. It was the first oil change I did on it and it was pretty easy. The fuel filters though... If you dont know there are 2 of them the primary which is under the driver side tucked along the frame and the secondary which is under the hood. Both of these needed changed as I noticed fuel mileage was starting to drop. The primary filter is a cartridge and is a pain to get out. It took me longer to get that filter changed then it did to do both oil changes. And diesel does not feel good in cuts.
Anyways got it all done and hopefully It will be warmer this weekend so I can turn my attention to the spare tire and the brush guard and some lighting and this stupid scooter Ive gotta rebuild.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:18 AM
wizkid00104
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
A scooter rebuild sounds exciting

Old 01-15-2016, 09:21 AM
DGB3
Senior User
Trust me, its not... I kinda got this thing dumped on me to fix by my wifes sister. When I told her it either needed a new engine or to be rebuilt she didnt want it back. Apparently shes already spent almost $400 trying to get this thing fixed and whoever she was taking it to really screwed it up this last time, no more compression (well 30psi max is none to me). So for $35 on ebay I got a complete rebuild 60cc big bore kit. Just gotta do it and problem solved. Then I can sell it for either gun money or truck money! That is unless the misses decides to take that too and use it for the wedding.

Yeah, shes finally picked a date, July 9th. So yup, its happening.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:42 PM
DGB3
Senior User
Well its been a bit since Ive posted any updates. I have been very busy at work. Plus the weather hasnt cooperated with me when I do have a day off. However, I did have one good day last weekend where I got some stuff done before I went to work. I was able to get the angle grinder out and grind off the last bolt for the 5th wheel bracket that was left in the bed from when I bought the truck. I finally gave her a bath. I also finally got the brush guard painted with bed liner and installed!

Im super excited about the brush guard! I have tomorrow off and some extra time this week and its suppose to be in the 70's for the next week so hopefully I can get the spare tire situation fixed and get some lights installed. I am having a couple tons of rock delivered Monday so I can fix the off-road course that has become my driveway so that comes first this week.

Ill try to get some better pictures of the brush guard up once I figure out what I want to do with my lighting and get it installed this weekend (fingers crossed).

Old 03-04-2016, 04:50 PM
DGB3
Senior User
Forgot heres some other EYE CANDY for those of you that like the Cummins Swaps! A girl I work with drove her boyfriends 2002? F250 to work for a couple days. The truck was a salvage title buy and it took him 2 years to do the swap and get it to where its at.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 F350 Lariat CCLB 6.4L Build