Anybody using these headers? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Anybody using these headers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2015, 12:54 AM
Postmaster

harleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to all
Anybody using these headers?

Ilya pointed these out to me recently. I have a cracked manifold on the 51 that looks pretty bad. When I saw these and the price I started wondering if anybody has any experience with them. One thing I would like to know is how close to the frame they get as I am concerned about clearance for the steering column going to the Jag IFS.

https://www.bobdrake.com/FordItem.as...5-5a064ee2cbcf
Old 09-14-2015, 07:17 AM
Postmaster

49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.
Joe,
Having been thru the process of installing the Jag I would not buy any manifolds until I had the Jag installed and you are mocking up the steering column/ujoints and shafts. Mine is a SBC and no aftermarket manifolds worked. That said I think that the flathead V8 will bring the manifold/headers in closer to the centerline of the chassis than for the SBC.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:08 PM
Postmaster

harleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49willard View Post
Joe,
Having been thru the process of installing the Jag I would not buy any manifolds until I had the Jag installed and you are mocking up the steering column/ujoints and shafts. Mine is a SBC and no aftermarket manifolds worked. That said I think that the flathead V8 will bring the manifold/headers in closer to the centerline of the chassis than for the SBC.
I don't plan to buy anything just yet, doing a little research. I thought the same thing you did about being closer to the centerline, but just wondered if anyone out there had installed a set of these.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:10 PM
Senior User

JPMallory has a very good reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a very good reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a very good reputation on FTE.
I was just looking at those earlier this morning. Im on the fence about buying them.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:46 PM
Senior User

JPMallory has a very good reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a very good reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ok. Im no longer on the fence. I ordered them. Ill post an update when I get them installed.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Senior User

Ok, the headers are installed.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Postmaster

Those look pretty good, especially for the price. It also appears to be a very clean install.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Senior User

Other than some difficulty with a starter cable that didn't want to get out of the way. Other than that, it went pretty smooth.

Here's a crappy video I took right after I installed it.

Now I just need to get it to shop to have the exhaust run.