Sponsored by: Moser

Butt ugly trucks

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 03:35 PM
GM4WALLS
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Butt ugly trucks

Obviously everyone has their own opinions, likes and dislikes. My buddy is guilty of having absolutely no taste when it comes to truck accessories. Made me think of how different the taste is of this board too.

So here is my question...

When you see one of these monstrosities, do you call em out, "Hey fella, that thing looks like a bag of *** pimples!", or do you try to compliment some finer points, "Man they did a good job laying down that baby crap brown paint!"?

Old 09-03-2015, 03:48 PM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
We just laugh as loud as we can and point as we pass 'em

Old 09-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Damifiknow
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call me crazy but anything bow-tie is silly looking to me.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:53 PM
GM4WALLS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Damifiknow
Call me crazy but anything bow-tie is silly looking to me.
You know, with the exception of the late 60's, early 70's Chevys, I agree 100%. Not sure what the appeal is to any other Chevy truck. Lol

Old 09-03-2015, 05:20 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by GM4WALLS
You know, with the exception of the late 60's, early 70's Chevys, I agree 100%. Not sure what the appeal is to any other Chevy truck. Lol

2x.. 67-72s C-series have a good look. I like the early 60s and the 92-96s too. In 73 the body became too square... with square wheel wells like the current Sierras and Silverados.

Ever notice how much wheel gap they have nowadays? Monstrous.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:39 PM
GM4WALLS
Posting Guru
67-72 Chevys, 72-80 Dodges. Those are the only trucks I would consider that are not Fords.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:56 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
Heres a good looking GM

I must admit that the truck it hit was butt ugly but it was meant to be ugly

The only thing pretty about this truck was that it did a pretty good job of wiping out the above GM.
The guy on the corner has a GM 4x4 with duallies and it has the ugliest *** end I've seen in years.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Jklnhyd
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i dont understand roll bars and KC lights on a 2wd truck. And I dont understand 28" rims with 1" wall tires on a 4x4 truck.

I dont see the point of the glue on hood cowl, or the stick on side vents for any vehicle.

I also see huge lifted 2wd trucks, I dont get it.

I see 4x4s with $5000 rims/tires, $10,000 paint jobs, and wonder if they will even drive through a mud puddle.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:41 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 846 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by privateer, eh
Heres a good looking GM

The guy on the corner has a GM 4x4 with duallies and it has the ugliest *** end I've seen in years.
Seen Kim Kardashian lately?

The devil made me do it

Old 09-04-2015, 05:20 AM
gatorfor88
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GLR
Seen Kim Kardashian lately?

The devil made me do it
She is so bad she made Bruce Jenner get a sex change.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:29 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,280 Likes on 2,438 Posts
I look, and just laugh (some times out loud, very out loud). Some peoples ideas of a "good call" as far a vehicle modifications can be very entertaining.

I think alot of them are "just spending the hell outa daddies money, with no clue".

Diesel pick up truck with large bull hauler tipped stacks in the bed, or a 8" round tip hanging off the end of their exhaust, truck *****.... do not get me started.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:34 PM
ShaneNP123
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Stacks on anything with a pickup bed make baby jesus cry, with a flatbed they are acceptable.

Not truck related, but this "stance" fad is the worst, stretched tires, excessive camber and tasteless mods just to annoy the "haterz". Can't wait for it to die.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:30 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by GM4WALLS
So here is my question...

When you see one of these monstrosities, do you call em out, "Hey fella, that thing looks like a bag of *** pimples!", or do you try to compliment some finer points, "Man they did a good job laying down that baby crap brown paint!"?
To answer the question....

I will usually say nothing when it's just not my thing... to each his own. I will however point out stuff that is unsafe or illegal just to let the owner know. Then it is up to him or her to either fix it or do it right.

In terms of design sins like fake stick-on vents, I just shake my head, mumble to myself, and move on. In the same vein, there are cars and trucks out there that look like they drove through Pep Boys with a magnet and have every off-the-shelf add on which indicates the owner has no mechanical aptitude or design sense. They're poseurs.

I will complement those who restore/rebuild weird vehicles, bring most any old iron back to life,, or show their workmanship. I like to ask and see what they started out with and how much of the work they did or whether they farmed it out. Guys and gals who do more than 75 percent of the work earns street cred in my book...... things like tranny and rear gear rebuilds are understandably farmed out even for the most hardy of gearheads.

Guys/gals who just cut checks to different shops for a restoration/rebuild are not gearheads in my opinion.... they are just enthusiasts who are able to express their interest with a bank account.

As the saying goes, "Built, not bought."

Old 09-04-2015, 03:25 PM
HoustonDave
Fleet Mechanic
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
could be worse

I have a really good friend who returned from living in Europe for a few years with a car and a bike he had restored.... never heard of the bike and the car was a perfectly detailed and restored Trabant (which for those who don't know, is considered literally the worst car ever made. Worse than a Zil, a Tata.... the worst.) There is NO accounting for taste. He's a pretty normal gy, races bike for fun - when I asked him why the Trabbie he said "well, I figured no one else would have one."

Old 09-04-2015, 03:39 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by HoustonDave
I have a really good friend who returned from living in Europe for a few years with a car and a bike he had restored.... never heard of the bike and the car was a perfectly detailed and restored Trabant (which for those who don't know, is considered literally the worst car ever made. Worse than a Zil, a Tata.... the worst.) There is NO accounting for taste. He's a pretty normal gy, races bike for fun - when I asked him why the Trabbie he said "well, I figured no one else would have one."

A Trabant? That's cool. It's like the BIC lighter of cars.. Use it up and then throw it in the trash. Cool he's preserving one.

Quick Reply: Butt ugly trucks