Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

September Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 08:48 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes I am,
Once you get 18 years of active duty time you can request to to stay in and serve out the other 2 and get your retirement right away instead of waiting till I'm 60. Since I am federal service employee I will also be able to retire from that job too. Since the wife decided I needed a playmate I will find a job I want to do to keep me busy but not far from the house.

Dang Bob that frame piece looks rough.

Coming right along on the turbo Hugh.

I worked on the daughters mustang all day yesterday, They bought it while I was gone so it needed a good daddy look over. I got the wipers working and then blew the fuse when I plugged in the washer motor, looks like I need one of those now.

The front brakes had some glaze on them so I cleaned and sanded the brake pads and rotors. Went out to defrost the windows this morning as the wife and daughter are heading to Florida in it and the dang defroster don't blow on the windshield. Guess that is the next thing I have to look at when they return.

Heading out to see if I can get the 79 F100 jumped off and the carb and timing adjusted. I can get some stuff done again since the girls are gone for a week.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:22 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Yes I am,
Once you get 18 years of active duty time you can request to to stay in and serve out the other 2 and get your retirement right away instead of waiting till I'm 60. Since I am federal service employee I will also be able to retire from that job too. Since the wife decided I needed a playmate I will find a job I want to do to keep me busy but not far from the house.

Dang Bob that frame piece looks rough.

Coming right along on the turbo Hugh.

I worked on the daughters mustang all day yesterday, They bought it while I was gone so it needed a good daddy look over. I got the wipers working and then blew the fuse when I plugged in the washer motor, looks like I need one of those now.

The front brakes had some glaze on them so I cleaned and sanded the brake pads and rotors. Went out to defrost the windows this morning as the wife and daughter are heading to Florida in it and the dang defroster don't blow on the windshield. Guess that is the next thing I have to look at when they return.

Heading out to see if I can get the 79 F100 jumped off and the carb and timing adjusted. I can get some stuff done again since the girls are gone for a week.

When Clinton bought me out of the Air Force, I went Reserve. After 2 years they were moving the airplanes from LA to NJ. I had enough points to retire, went put my paperwork end. Next UTA went to check on it, got the oh your the one. They made a mistake on telling me I could retire. Have to have 7 years Reserve time plus the points. Long story short I did not retire went to work at Robins as a WG8 all my active duty time counted for seniority. When I went on disability retirement, I bought by active duty time. So when I reach 62 I have 35 years service and finial grade GS 9.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:21 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I am a WS 10 on my civil service job. I got the 79 to turn over and got oil pressure but the carb is toast. The linkage is frozen solid and it looks really bad. I will have to post a pic tomorrow. I got the Winnebago fired up and moved closer to the house so I can do some work to it. It looks like it will be my home away from home again for about a year. I seems a rodent moved in while I was gone, so I cleaned the inside today and washed everything.

I was disappointed that I did not get the 79 running, Might just go ahead and rebuild the carb. I will add it to the list of 50 other things I want to get done.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:25 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
I am a WS 10 on my civil service job. I got the 79 to turn over and got oil pressure but the carb is toast. The linkage is frozen solid and it looks really bad. I will have to post a pic tomorrow. I got the Winnebago fired up and moved closer to the house so I can do some work to it. It looks like it will be my home away from home again for about a year. I seems a rodent moved in while I was gone, so I cleaned the inside today and washed everything.

I was disappointed that I did not get the 79 running, Might just go ahead and rebuild the carb. I will add it to the list of 50 other things I want to get done.
When get settled in , we can get together and if you want hit the junkyard for parts you need.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:47 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bed looked worse, but once we weld in the piece under the frame in, it should be better, and stronger than it was new.

Good luck getting the 79 up, and running.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:35 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I drove the lightning to Atlanta today to turn in my tons of gear I collected over the years. I am missing 2 old green canteen covers and I owe them back some uniforms, other than that I am good on my clothing stuff

On the way back home the truck developed a miss. It would come and go and was driving me nuts. I just hope it is as simple as a plug wire is loose. It was way too hot to mess with when I got home.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:40 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Didn't get to work on the turbo install today. I have been researching travel trailers. Camping World called me they had a Jayco they want to show us. The only good thing that came out of it, is when we got home my wife told me to stop researching. She wants the one we looked at 2 weeks ago. So now the truck budget gets downsized and savings budget increased for the downpayment

Old 09-15-2015, 07:45 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I love my motorhome, The wife and kiddo have never rode in it for more than about 20 miles and they have never spent the night in it. It seems to be the mobile man cave!!!

Old 09-15-2015, 05:12 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Anybody got frustration they need to work out? Be glad to let you help modify the firewall for the turbo. 4 # hammer 4 ft x 4in steel bar.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:30 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hey Guys,
I upgraded to windows 10 and it quit connecting to the internet. Good thing I had a good back up but it has taken me 3 days on and off to get it back up and running on Windows 7 pro. I did a turn and burn to south Georgia to get the last of my stuff from the old house. I sold it to a soldier of mine and he kept the stuff we could not load up when we moved.

Hows the firewall mod coming hugh?

Old 09-19-2015, 08:09 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Hey Guys,
I upgraded to windows 10 and it quit connecting to the internet. Good thing I had a good back up but it has taken me 3 days on and off to get it back up and running on Windows 7 pro. I did a turn and burn to south Georgia to get the last of my stuff from the old house. I sold it to a soldier of mine and he kept the stuff we could not load up when we moved.

Hows the firewall mod coming hugh?
I finally got it so I can get the pipes in. Hopefully the turbo will be in today.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:51 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Chief, thats one reason I'm holding out with windows 8. Life has been alittle rough around here, the father-in-law has been diagnosed with leukemia, my service writer quite with out any notice and the guy we hired to replace my son doesn't know screwdriver from a hammer. Guess I just needed to vent some. On a good note, our new house is coming together GREAT. hturner if you were a little closer I could have used the frustration relief.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:59 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Southern Bronco
Chief, thats one reason I'm holding out with windows 8. Life has been alittle rough around here, the father-in-law has been diagnosed with leukemia, my service writer quite with out any notice and the guy we hired to replace my son doesn't know screwdriver from a hammer. Guess I just needed to vent some. On a good note, our new house is coming together GREAT. hturner if you were a little closer I could have used the frustration relief.
When it rains it pours. When I was teaching we had a guy that could not even spell screwdriver. I be glad when people realize it a takes a good bit of knowledge and intelligence to do what we do.

Well today was great weather to work on the truck, but my arms, back and headache had other plans. Just something I deal with routinely.

Chief I saw a very old post you made on an rv site abut extended warranties

Old 09-19-2015, 06:15 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
I'll start looking for a replacement service writer next week, the new tech already knows that he is on borrowed time.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:18 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Too bad I don't live close to you Bronco, I have a screwdriver and know how to use it!!! I figure I have about a year left in the Army so I will be looking for a job, I have not done that in over 30 years!!! I am not a big fan of Windows 8, I have RT on my tablet and it is OK. I will stick with 7 Pro on my laptop and will keep it.

Hugh
I am also on the RV web site but have not been on there in a while since I have been deployed and not done anything to my RV, except for the last 2 days. I installed 2 new roof vents, replaced the roof AC blower motor and fixed an exhaust leak. The coach battery is dead and hoping I can bring it back to life with a slow trickle charge. The battery on the riding mower is dead too, it's on the charger now.

Today was vehicle maintenance day for me. I worked on my commute car, checked tire pressures, cleaned air filter, clean throttle body and mass air sensor. Really cleaned the wife's SUV interior and going to wash it tomorrow. Then I am pulling up the Lighting and going to start looking into the miss. I also have to clean the air filter.

Quick Reply: September Chat Thread