Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

F150 accessories

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Flienlow
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 accessories

Now that I have the new truck. What are the "must have" accessories?

I know I need good all weather floor mats. Any suggestions?

Old 09-02-2015, 12:16 PM
torkum
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My first was a shorter antenna because of low garage door clearance.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:13 PM
pikapp
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My firsts were a roll up tonneau cover and the bug n window deflectors from Weathertech. Then I went and had the driver and passenger side windows tinted to match the back windows (supercrew). Don't really see anything else needed.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:48 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
From what I've heard, the Weathertech digital fit Floor Liners are the top pick.
Some kind of bed cover is popular. Tonneau seems to be the peoples choice, but I prefer a fiberglass canopy.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:07 PM
pikapp
Senior User
Originally Posted by seventyseven250
From what I've heard, the Weathertech digital fit Floor Liners are the top pick.
Some kind of bed cover is popular. Tonneau seems to be the peoples choice, but I prefer a fiberglass canopy.

Agree, may have to consider the floor mats for winter, they do protect the carpet and the 150 becomes the wife's DD during winter.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:35 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
We got the Weathertech floor mats; way superior to the factory mats. Also got the Weathertech mud flaps. They are a wee bit small compared to what were factory-installed mud flaps on our Toyotas, but they look like they will do the job. We also post-delivery installed the wheel well liners. The liners were easy to install, and they do make a significant difference in the appearance from the side; particularly if your truck is a lighter color (e.g. white, silver).

Old 09-03-2015, 01:05 AM
tuckr2
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Weathertech mats if you can afford them . I have the Ford rubber ones and by the end of hunting season I can definitely tell the difference. Bolt on weathertech mud flaps if you want to keep your truck pretty. Oh, as soon as you can get rid of the stock tires. depending on where you live, get something better. A good all weather tire (i'm not gonna tell you which one cause we all have our preferences). Might check the Tire Rack online and look at some of their comparison tests. There are so many nice things you can do to the truck. good luck.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Flienlow
Freshman User
Here is my short list.

Mats: Husky or Weather tech?

Tonneau cover: Flip or Roll? Which brand.

After this, I need to stop spending money, Good Night Irene!

Im going broke!.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:31 AM
pikapp
Senior User
I've learned over the umpteen years I've been around, you get what you pay for, in most cases. When it comes to the car and truck after market stuff, I usually spend the extra $$ to get what I believe is the best made and best supported products. WeatherTech, IMO, is probably the best, a bit pricey, but again, you get what you pay for. I searched and researched the tonneau covers, as I had no history or knowledge to rely on with them. I purchased the Lund brand, rollup style. I've heard of Lund, makers of bed caps, etc., and I liked what I read about their products. There's some videos on U Tube on the install, very simple and it looks good. I would liked to have gone with a hard cover, really like the styles that are out, but if you haul anything taller than the bed height, you have to have the cover tilted open and that isn't gonna work for me.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:26 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
Flienlow, it's my opinion that nothing from Husky is as good as the "floor liner" from Weathertech. Be careful, weathertech sells some other types of mats as well, which i don't think are as good.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:50 PM
F150'94
Senior User
I do not have the WeatherTechs, but I have heard many people speak very highly of them. Get the Digital Fits. My boss bought a WeatherTech liner for the trunk of her 2-seater BMW and loves it. I am looking at purchasing their windows vents.

Tonneau covers - I would look at Peragon. From the research I have done, they have a great product and the compliments on their customer service are numerous, both here and on their website. Lot of guys on here have them. I am saving right now to purchase one.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:16 PM
pikapp
Senior User
Originally Posted by F150'94
I am looking at purchasing their windows vents.

I have the WeatherTech Vents and had them on my former Expedition. Easy install, the smoked vents look good and I like that I can park vehicle, crack the window and not be concerned about pop up showers. Only minor issue I ran into was on the passenger side, the window kept hitting a curved edge of the vent as it was going up and would cause the window to go back down. A little filing on the part of the vent that the window was hitting solved the problem.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Agri-Cover, Inc.
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Flienlow
Here is my short list.

Mats: Husky or Weather tech?

Tonneau cover: Flip or Roll? Which brand.

After this, I need to stop spending money, Good Night Irene!

Im going broke!.
If you have any questions about soft roll-up tonneau covers, and if I can help you with anything relating to getting one for your truck, please let me know. (We make them).

Old 09-04-2015, 10:52 AM
SuperTruckUSA
Former Vendor
Hey Flienlow,

Here is a small list of what's available for 2015+ F150s Parts & Accessories

Old 09-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Jerry Lorton
New User
I went with the husky front and rear mats and tinted the front windows 20% to match.

Quick Reply: F150 accessories