September chat

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 09:07 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
September chat

And so another month.......

Should we be thinking about a fall GTG? Anybody interested in that?

Old 09-04-2015, 07:49 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie88
And so another month.......

Should we be thinking about a fall GTG? Anybody interested in that?
Sounds good to me, maybe I'll even bring a PSD to the meet. ;-)

Old 09-05-2015, 04:07 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
OK, so you and I. Where do you want to meet? LOL!!

Old 09-05-2015, 05:39 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
OK, so you and I. Where do you want to meet? LOL!!
Yeah, it looks like its just the two of us. Not sure I could cut the recipe down on my beans just for two.
I put a set of used injectors in the F250 today, it actually runs well enough that I trust to put a little more into it. Got some crazy ideas using parts on hand, gonna convert it to dually and try to make a daily driver. I found an 01 F350 that needs an engine that has aluminum wheels, too bad they won't fit my 97, but been wondering if the PSD out of the 97 F350 could be made to work in an 01.
Just ramblim on trying to figure out how to end up with a driveable truck for little money out of a bunch of junk.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:38 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OK, so you and I. Where do you want to meet?
Good luck I'll be stuck at work...unless y'all want to hold one in the middle of the week. My "Monday" is Thursday for the rest of you clowns.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I put a set of used injectors in the F250 today, it actually runs well enough that I trust to put a little more into it. Got some crazy ideas using parts on hand, gonna convert it to dually and try to make a daily driver. I found an 01 F350 that needs an engine that has aluminum wheels, too bad they won't fit my 97, but been wondering if the PSD out of the 97 F350 could be made to work in an 01. how to end up with a driveable truck for little money out of a bunch of junk.
At best the difference might be the motor mounts a the wiring harness...right? I can't see there being that much difference between the two bodies/chassis that the motors wouldn't be basically the same. But then I drive a 6.0L that supposedly is making 90psi of fuel pressure at the regular...normal is 60-70psi. Pretty sure the sending unit is confused...but it is slightly concerning at the same time.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:25 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
...unless y'all want to hold one in the middle of the week. My "Monday" is Thursday for the rest of you clowns.
Hmm..... Might have to do multiples, being self-employed I could possibly swing a mid-week meet. ;-)
Guess I could just bring the party to individuals.
Me and Scott could meet on the weekend, gotta be somewhere with good groceries.
Could visit Joe at work seeing as to how my laptop could stand some tweaking. Joe's on a diet, so I guess we'll skip lunch
Deliver a gas tank to Wally, might get some pointers on body work on the 53 while I'm there. Gotta be a local eatery close.
Meet Zack somewhere during the week to BS and eat.
Guess I'll have to track Dave down at a truck stop since he's making the wheels go round and round.
Hmm.....looks like there might be a common denominator here, I get to eat!
Come on guys, I really need to get back on my diet, so let's get together so that I don't have to eat so much.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:04 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Come on guys, I really need to get back on my diet, so let's get together so that I don't have to eat so much.
Lol! Right!?!?

Old 09-06-2015, 01:30 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Here's one way to spend part of the holiday weekend, building a mount and installing a winch on the new toy.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:39 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Hmm..... Might have to do multiples, being self-employed I could possibly swing a mid-week meet. ;-)
<snip>
Meet Zack somewhere during the week to BS and eat.
<snip>
Hmm.....looks like there might be a common denominator here, I get to eat!
Well...in the middle of the week there is all kinds of options...BBQ, TexMex, true Mexican, a couple of burger joints; pizza, Italian and can't forget the German place down near the fort....yeah I can see you putting on a good 5-10 pounds in a week. There is a reason I'm fat...oh wait, there is two reasons. But the first one is because I like food!
Here's one way to spend part of the holiday weekend, building a mount and installing a winch on the new toy.
Isn't that about what that work vehicle weighs? Thinking you could just about lift it straight up with that wench.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:51 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I'm down for a GTG, I'll even bring the pickles and jalapenos.. Invite a few Chevy guys so i can push their truck around and I might even eat something.. foood, oh I remember those days

Old 09-07-2015, 09:15 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by tojoski
I might even eat something.. foood, oh I remember those days
Hey Joe, how's the diet going anyway. I've got to get back on a losing streak, I've gained most of what I lost back. :-(

Old 09-07-2015, 09:35 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Hey Joe, how's the diet going anyway. I've got to get back on a losing streak, I've gained most of what I lost back. :-(
You and me both At one point last fall I was down 32-34 pounds...but it was before the holidays. If I could only get back to my fighting weight in high school when I was an underwear model.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:15 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Ah,diets. I'm down 30+ since July, I'll be happy if I can get down to 250. All the good places to eat near my shop serve fried food...I don't eat there anymore.
There's a Subway in Mtn View, it's only 20 miles from the shop.

As far as body work. Bring the truck, I know my guys would like to check it out.
Come to think of it, I've got a good sized parking lot at the shop, and I could bring my gas grille from the house. A yard for the kids to play in...

Old 09-08-2015, 12:49 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
I'm at 205. so about 5lbs away from a BMI in the "normal" range. Now I need to start putting a little muscle on.

Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Ah,diets. I'm down 30+ since July, I'll be happy if I can get down to 250. All the good places to eat near my shop serve fried food...I don't eat there anymore.
There's a Subway in Mtn View, it's only 20 miles from the shop.

As far as body work. Bring the truck, I know my guys would like to check it out.
Come to think of it, I've got a good sized parking lot at the shop, and I could bring my gas grille from the house. A yard for the kids to play in...
I'm already packing..

Old 09-08-2015, 09:03 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by tojoski
I'm at 205. so about 5lbs away from a BMI in the "normal" range. Now I need to start putting a little muscle on.
Wow! That gives me some incentive to get back to losing! Way to go Joe!

Quick Reply: September chat