Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

September chat

Old 09-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
I'm at 205. so about 5lbs away from a BMI in the "normal" range. Now I need to start putting a little muscle on.

I'm already packing..
Make sure you fill your tank. Nearest diesel pump is 5 miles away.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:59 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
I'm at 205. so about 5lbs away from a BMI in the "normal" range. Now I need to start putting a little muscle on.
It's been "a few years" since I was in a biology or health class...but isn't the BMI figured off your weight, height and how much they can "pinch off" the gut? Or is there more to it? I know I was over my BMI in high school and that was before I started sitting on my butt for a living (50+ pounds lighter). But it's been a few years...and long before the teenager in the house.
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Make sure you fill your tank. Nearest diesel pump is 5 miles away.
Some how I get the feeling you've gone to great lengths to keep fuel oil out of Fox. It does sound like if we all showed up...we could single handedly boost the fuel tax income of Fox. Jeff would probably leave his '53 running the whole time just to rub our noses in his outstanding fuel mileage.

Old 09-10-2015, 04:55 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Actually, from the shop, Shirley is the closest town(5 miles), and their fuel is usually the cheapest anywhere around. The Fox store is about 8 miles from the shop. They have diesel also...both pink and clear. Not sure of the diesel prices at Fox, but they are real proud of their regular gas.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:06 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
I think a GTG would be GREAT when and where ?

Old 09-10-2015, 04:38 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk
I think a GTG would be GREAT when and where ?
He still lives! Hey Dave, where ya been?

Old 09-10-2015, 07:36 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
isn't the BMI figured off your weight, height and how much they can "pinch off" the gut?
No. BMI is about the biggest joke ever perpetrated on the american public. Maybe not THE biggest.

Body Mass Index is a person's weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters. That's it. It is meaningless, as well as useless. Unfortunately it has somehow been adopted as a measure of a persons fitness level.

Using Joe as an example: If he follows up and does begin to "put a little muscle on", as he gets stronger and more fit his BMI will start to rise even though he continues to get in better and better shape.

Professional bodybuilders compete at less than 1% body fat. Most do cardio for at least an hour per day, and most have a BMI averaging around 45, which is considered by the american public as "morbidly obese".

OK sorry..... rant over. Suffice it to say I'm not a fan of the BMI index.

Last edited by cookie88; 09-10-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:51 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
He still lives! Hey Dave, where ya been?
Truck'n down to Houston 3 times a week.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:57 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Why is it that women see our piles of building materials as junk and this pile of junk that I see as $$$ in scrap is yard art?

Old 09-12-2015, 08:43 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
What the heck is that thing? "art" is not what springs to mind.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:25 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by cookie88
What the heck is that thing? "art" is not what springs to mind.
I think once upon a time it was a Massey Harris tractor that has had some major "engineering" done through the years. It has been sitting in the woods behind my house for 30 years that I know of. I wanted to haul it for scrap but Micki vetoed that, she wanted it in the yard to decorate.
Edit: in looking through some old tractor pics, I think I identified it as a 40s Allis Chalmers WC or C model.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:14 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
ARRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! We have been invaded! My niece, her four kids, and my youngest nephew decided to spend the day with Uncle Jeff. I hope fishing poles and ATVs will keep them entertained. Maybe a ride on the party barge later.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:08 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got off work yesterday morning...walked out to the truck and was greeted with 53F. Now we're talking about my kind of weather.
Originally Posted by cookie88
No. BMI is about the biggest joke ever perpetrated on the american public. Maybe not THE biggest.
OK sorry..... rant over. Suffice it to say I'm not a fan of the BMI index.
So what your saying...you endorse the BMI about as much as a teacher welcomes common core?
Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk
Truck'n down to Houston 3 times a week.
I hope you get hazardous duty pay for that! The last time I was in Houston...I was wondering how many of the idiots could I bump draft off of before the Texas Rangers stopped me.
We have been invaded! My niece, her four kids, and my youngest nephew decided to spend the day with Uncle Jeff. I hope fishing poles and ATVs will keep them entertained. Maybe a ride on the party barge later.
Did you say something about gator bait?

Old 09-13-2015, 01:07 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Did you say something about gator bait?
Yep, already threatened that. ;-)

Old 09-13-2015, 10:10 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Looks like we made it through the visit, although the mule sorta looked a little worse for wear. One of the boys sideswiped a tree and bent one tie rod pretty good. That part didn't bother me, metal can be fixed, the fact that they parked it under the house and wouldn't tell me that got to me. Sat them all down and had a little chat, if ya screw up, just come tell me so that I can fix it. Don't leave it broke for me to find when I go to use it, that'll **** me off for sure. Other than that, we ate too much, consumed a whole gallon of homemade chocolate ice cream and had a blast.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:47 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
So what your saying...you endorse the BMI about as much as a teacher welcomes common core?
Yep. About that much.

the fact that they parked it under the house and wouldn't tell me that got to me.
Yeah.... no doubt. Sounds like you handled it the right way. I imagine they came out of that chat with a clear understanding.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: September chat