1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re doing my F350

Old 09-01-2015, 09:04 PM
navistardiesel
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re doing my F350

Ordering some rust repair panels for my f350, and I'm wondering where everyone got their panels from. I saw some stuff on rock auto or parts geek, the stuff was cheap, but the shipping was almost the cost of everything I'm buying.
I'm going to be re doing my cab corner on the driver side, the rear ex cab door, driver fender, driver door bottom, hood and passenger side door bottoms. Undercoating it, front end rebuild, ball joints, u joints, and hubs. Then a new back bumper with reverse lights recessed in. Luckily for me i was able to strip a parts truck a year or so ago for most of my stuff, and I'm excited to make my truck look decent again.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:10 AM
chevypc
New User
I'm in the same boat. I have a 2002 short bed extended cab. Both cab corners, rockers, and door bottoms need to be replaced. I have searched this forum and others for information on fixing my rust issues with not too much luck. I have found a few u-Tube videos, but very little on the best place to get patch panels, etc. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge for many issues I have had. Oil cooler, filter valve leaking, ball joints, and brakes. to name a few. Living in New England, and seeing the number of Super Duties out their with rust issues. You would think this forum and others would be loaded with threads of rust repair. If someone here can point us in a direction of a good thread or web site it would be very appreciated.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:48 PM
vortec 1
Elder User
I get my aftermarket stuff from Mills Supply in Cleveland Ohio and it's at my door the next day and they dont rake you on shipping and the steel is a nice haevy gage Millsupply.com. Most of what I get is OEM and I find it on Ebay or Craigslist. From Mills I got the cab corners(inner and outer) for both sides and all the rockers and rear door pillers.The inner rockers for a Supercab, I only found that from Ford. Im' collecting all my parts for Spring 2016 and I will post my build with what I'm doing but pretty much all new body panels!!!

Old 09-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Raymond
Tuned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I decided to swap cabs on my 04. My truck needed floor supports, inner/outer rocker panels and cab corners. I figured the time I spent changing the cab to a rust free one was better than cutting and pasting all the panels on. While the cab was off I replaced the exhaust manifolds, power steering lines, transmission lines and cleaned and painted the frame.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:24 PM
chevypc
New User
Rob:
That's great information. I never figured Ford would sell those parts. I also couldn't find the inner rockers for my extended cab. I will also need cab braces that they also have. I plan to keep my truck for a while. I have done a lot of mechanical updates to the truck to date. I have shocks, and tie rods to do in the next couple of weeks. I think my plan for the body work will be to fix the rusted doors first. Then in the spring I plan to take on the rust on the cab, that will include rockers, cab corners, and the cab braces. I just picked up a new mig welder, so I plan to give it a work out. I think I will start a thread on my F250 reconstruction. Thanks for your information. It will help.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:43 PM
vortec 1
Elder User
Originally Posted by chevypc
Rob:
That's great information. I never figured Ford would sell those parts. I also couldn't find the inner rockers for my extended cab. I will also need cab braces that they also have. I plan to keep my truck for a while. I have done a lot of mechanical updates to the truck to date. I have shocks, and tie rods to do in the next couple of weeks. I think my plan for the body work will be to fix the rusted doors first. Then in the spring I plan to take on the rust on the cab, that will include rockers, cab corners, and the cab braces. I just picked up a new mig welder, so I plan to give it a work out. I think I will start a thread on my F250 reconstruction. Thanks for your information. It will help.
Yeah I replaced all the ball joints seals tie rods and so on a few years back and got a new Mig a few years back just for this project. I also got new front OEM take off doors for mine on Craigslist. Lookin forward to your build!!