1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford dealers are starting to act like Chevy,dodge dealers

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 07:36 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 250 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by ironman1977
i am going to wait till new super duties come out in 17, i am keeping my old 250. i was at the dealer today and told him i would wait, i was standing by a new 15 mustang gt and i told salesman that those are nice cars, he said there was a ton of deals and rebates, well to make a long story short i purchased the car lol. i have no idea what i need another car for but it looks cool, i have a 14 charger rt blacktop and 2014 srt8 charger so i have no idea what to expect, i went to get a new superduty and now i have a mustang, that make alot of sense lol
I to have a 2015 Mustang GT and love it.
I got PP and manual transmission.
Black on black.
It is a great car.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:31 PM
ironman1977
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is new mustang i will pick up tommorow

Old 09-03-2015, 08:36 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 56 Likes on 26 Posts
Nice, I love those Mustangs. I almost bought the 50 Year addition but then found out my son got an internship and needed a car. I bought me an F250 & he'll be taking my F150. 1.5 more years and I'm done sending kids to college, maybe I'll get me a Mustang.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:30 PM
ironman1977
Senior User
to be honest i had no intention of buying a mustang and it was not even a thought to start with, my wife tell me i am a car monster and she will have to keep me away from car lots.
I would not go to college today, over 24 years ago i earned a civil engineering degree and i could never get anybody to hire me on a job so i started going out doing odd jobs for people and i had no idea it would have built a company. i would hate to have to pay for college now,

Old 09-04-2015, 06:18 AM
RightWingNutJob
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ironman1977
to be honest i had no intention of buying a mustang and it was not even a thought to start with, my wife tell me i am a car monster and she will have to keep me away from car lots.

I think there's a 12-Step program for your affliction

Old 09-04-2015, 07:20 AM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by scraprat

When I bought my 2012 with cash and sitting with salesales person they where not budging on the price. I mentioned to him that my offer was more than fair and he would let a sale get up and walk they said yes, I stood up and started walking. They sold the truck at my offer.

Stealership games suck.
Two things, ability to pay cash, or at least your own bank financing and being able to walk.

I've never bought new, only used, but I've done the "I want the truck for this price". Then I talk financing, trade in, etc.... Has worked the last couple times.

But I hate buying vehicles.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Cash is horrible for getting the best deal FYI. We make money for giving loans to the banks. Cash is the ugly stepchild of the King when it comes to modern large purchases. Negotiating a "cash" deal first will never be in your best interest. In fact you're far better off pretending to finance and then switching to cash if you have it in your pocket.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:00 AM
ironman1977
Senior User
i am curious what 12 step program is lol.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:25 AM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Frantz
Cash is horrible for getting the best deal FYI. We make money for giving loans to the banks. Cash is the ugly stepchild of the King when it comes to modern large purchases. Negotiating a "cash" deal first will never be in your best interest. In fact you're far better off pretending to finance and then switching to cash if you have it in your pocket.
I did also say "or at least your own bank financing". Maybe for cars it is different but for small equipment (up to $15k) cash has always gotten me the quickest good price I want.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
If you bring your own financing you should still see if the dealership can beat it. We do make money from the banks for getting them business. So if we can beat your own banks rate then you save money, we make money, and we might even be willing to work a little harder for you. Regardless, any deal where we know that we won't be part of the financing will not be as easy to get a good deal for you.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Squisher
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
The best way to deal shop with cash is second hand private classifieds. Learn the value of what you're looking for by researching it vigorously than wait and watch with cash in hand so you can jump when a deal comes up. Most real good private deals are sold in under 24hrs. I solidified the deal on my truck privately within 8hrs of it being listed. I paid less than 1/3 the sticker price and nothing for any of the extras.

You also need patience, because often there aren't any deals and it's a wait and see. It's time consuming often to find a really good deal.

Otherwise if you're just going to buy today, cash/credit, matters very little if you are just picking from what's available.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:53 AM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Always walk out on the first trip to any dealer is my way.
I willl go and look, take a test drive, grab a brochure, get a few numbers from the sales liar, and then leave.
When going back at another time to further negotiate they know you will walk, and are usually willing to sharpen their pencil a lot more.
There is a lot of meat left on the bone in a new car price by dealers.
So usually the first offer is just to humor you, or see if you are a total sucker and willing too over pay by that amount.
Be prepared to walk away 2 or 3 times,
If they still just want to play stupid games after giving them 3 attempts to make a serious deal, find another dealer.
When buying a new motorcycle last summer i left the dealer.
Went back about 2 weeks later.
Left again after being insulted by another ridiculous price.
Within 3 days they called and over the phone i was offered a much better deal. I told the guy i would think about it.
I had already called 2 other dealers, and the local crooks were finally around their price. So when he called back yet again a few days later, with another 500 off I said yes, and that i would be in within a few days.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:00 AM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

I have been looking around for a small car for the GF.
The deals available on the few remaining in stock 2015s right now are pretty good.
Not a great selection. But prices at the same or lower level than some used 2014 and 2015 that i see online.
She might soon be driving a 2015 Focus.
The color choices are white or silver left.
Mid level trim and nowadays that is the same as loaded not many years ago.
The white actually looks pretty good.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
The white actually looks pretty good.
On S model Fiesta they only make white, silver, or black. I got a white one and it has really grown on me. I think it's bright enough to look sporty. My wife has a Focus and really loves it. Focus is almost always a better deal than Fiesta, but I just happen to love the way Fiesta drives. You can get heated cloth seats on both models in SE trim, I would think most units up your way have that.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:04 PM
TexasRebel
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It'll be nice when I can check a few boxes on a web page and have the vehicle delivered a few weeks later.

Even better if it's "Some assembly required"

Quick Reply: Ford dealers are starting to act like Chevy,dodge dealers