Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Need Help in Mesquite (Dallas)

Old 08-30-2015, 09:41 PM
fgcox1
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help in Mesquite (Dallas)

This goes against the grain but I am stuck and need help. I am recovering from a heart attack and can't do any heavy lifting.

I have an 85 Bullnose XLT Lariat that has a bad flexplate. Several of the teeth are broken off.

I want to put on a new one but cannot do it myself. I intend to use the method of not completely removing the trans but to install longer lower bellhousing bolts and slide it back. The truck has a smaller C4 in it instead of an AOD.

I have all of the tools necessary along with ramps, impact air tools, jacks, and everything else.

If anyone could help, or knows of someone I could pay to help me, please let me know.

Prior to the heart attack, I installed the C4 by myself so I pretty well know everything that needs to be done but cannot do it by myself.

Any ideas or info welcomed.

Tnx Fred

Old 09-03-2015, 02:42 PM
fgcox1
Freshman User
Wow, 49 reads and not a single response.

Old 09-03-2015, 03:15 PM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm a Garlandite. I am mega busy this weekend and next and may have to work half day Saturday the next.
We can get er done, but I can't get er done in a hurry.

49 reads just means folks are willing to help, but maynot be in their wheel house.

Happy surgery went well.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:31 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fgcox1
This goes against the grain but I am stuck and need help. I am recovering from a heart attack and can't do any heavy lifting.

I have an 85 Bullnose XLT Lariat that has a bad flexplate. Several of the teeth are broken off.

I want to put on a new one but cannot do it myself. I intend to use the method of not completely removing the trans but to install longer lower bellhousing bolts and slide it back. The truck has a smaller C4 in it instead of an AOD.

I have all of the tools necessary along with ramps, impact air tools, jacks, and everything else.

If anyone could help, or knows of someone I could pay to help me, please let me know.

Prior to the heart attack, I installed the C4 by myself so I pretty well know everything that needs to be done but cannot do it by myself.

Any ideas or info welcomed.

Tnx Fred
hi fred,

i just saw this tonight. i'm glad u made it thru. i won't be able to help for the month of september. i'm pretty tied up over here in houston. whole bunch of events i'm already committed to, or i'd jump in my vehicle and head towards u to help in a heartbeat. earliest possibility for me is early october, but i'm not sure if u can wait till then, so u might be better off getting help earlier. sorry bout that but hang in there. i'm sure someone might chime in. if not, and ur willing to wait, i might just make it out to u. sorry it's just not right away. good luck.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:35 PM
fgcox1
Freshman User
TeachNlive4ever and Snuggyworm,
I really appreciate the responses and offers to help.
The truck is my daily driver and I had to get it fixed. I went ahead and paid to have it done.
Again, thanks a million!
Fred

Old 10-02-2015, 01:39 PM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
10-4, If ya need anything, hollar...