1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

A few free 51 parts as a "thank you"!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 12:48 PM
Tyler S
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd Edit: I just shipped off the vent tubes and the choke cable to their new home in Tennessee. Also, a local-ish guy is taking the steering wheel and the cowl vent mechanism.

Hey guys, Our truck is, for all intents and purposes, done. My son and I bought it when he was just a month or so into his freshman year of high school. He moved out about three weeks ago and is now a week into his freshman year at the University of Arizona (with a full ride, I must proudly add). The truck was in pretty rough shape when we brought it home four years ago, and would still be so were it not for the expertise, experience, encouragement and support from all of you on this forum. Instead, it is now absolutely beautiful, a pleasure to drive, and fun to show off. Other than a simple post, I couldn't think of a way to thank you. Then my wife started harassing me about getting rid of all the parts we did not use. Rather than sending them to the scrap yard, I thought I would offer them up for free to whomever wants them. Many of them are in pretty rough shape but a few we restored, then decided not to use them after all. I'll post some pics below. If you're interested in them, PM me and we cans discuss getting them to you. I can't pay for or arrange shipping, but if you do the leg work, any or all of them are yours. Moderators, if this post belongs elsewhere, please let me know. Thanks!! Btw, the wife has given me 30 days. Any parts not claimed by then will probably go to scrap Thank you again! Tyler

EDIT: To clarify the shipping issue...If its just a small, lightweight package--parking lights for example--and doesn't cost much to ship (say, $20ish or less), I'll take care of packing it up and sending it. I'll let you know what it cost and I just ask that you send me a check for that amount as soon as you can. If it is a larger item that costs more to ship (steering column, fuel tank for example), I'll pack it up but I'd ask that you contact UPS or FedEx and arrange for pick up and you can handle the charges directly with the shipping company. Hope that helps...

2nd EDIT: I added a couple more items with picks below. Stock steering column, window divider bars and a storage tray for behind the seat, above the fuel tank. Lemme know if you're interested....

Vent parts from pass side grille to heater box.

Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:49 PM
Tyler S
Elder User

Cowl Vent door mechanism

Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:50 PM
Tyler S
Elder User

Head light and parking light stuff, ashtray frame, wiper motor (vacuum powered).

Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Tyler S
Elder User

Heater blower (no idea if it works).

Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Tyler S
Elder User

Original (I believe) fuel tank

Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:52 PM
Tyler S
Elder User

Steering wheel and dash controls.

Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2015, 01:32 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, great news of the Full ride to U of A!
And a very nice way to get rid of the parts you didn't need.
I have given a way some too, to guys on this site that can use them.
Now lets see pictures of the finished truck!

Old 08-28-2015, 01:41 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
PM sent to you

Old 08-28-2015, 02:11 PM
c91x
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-28-2015, 02:57 PM
drptop70ss
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Sorry just saw no shipping, too far for me to pick up. Vent mechanism I bought is missing the bolt and spring, that assy looks better than the one I bought!

Old 08-28-2015, 06:56 PM
HILLBILLY BOB
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
TYLER, i want to thank you for being such a generous guy i can not use any of those parts but it sure in nice to see someone helping other guys out and a lot of us are on a real low budget you are a 5 star guy

Old 08-29-2015, 02:16 AM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Tyler S
Cowl Vent door mechanism
I could use the vent... And the heater particular no one jump in on them. PM sent. Might also work on steering wheel

Old 08-29-2015, 03:10 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Im telling you, the generosity flame is sure burning bright here on FTE lately. This site is, and always has been chuck full of folks that are always ready to drop what they are doing to help a guy who's wrestling with a problem that he just cant figure out. And passing along a much needed part to someone who needs it, has always just been the way we do things if we can, but this week, Im telling ya, I have never seen so much human kindness, generosity, men willing to drive hours to help a fellow member straighten out a sub par job that somebody left him stuck with. bam, bam, bam, everyday we are seeing such wonderful feats of kindness pouring out of our members hearts ,I think it is absolutely heart warming to see grown men helping each other. Wow. Today it's Tyler, with a cornucopia of some pretty nice parts not to sell but here you go who needs any of this cool stuff? So I "UNDERTHEBRIDGEJIM" by the power vested in me by absolutely nobody, I proclaim "Tyler" todays Superstar of the day, and his wife and kids ,the luckiest family for having, each other, loving each other and doing things as a family. I just love it, Rock On FTE Rock On! We are so very blessed.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:51 AM
Tyler S
Elder User

Stock steering column (I'm pretty sure) and steering gear box.

Attached Images  
Old 08-29-2015, 10:51 AM
Tyler S
Elder User

Close up of steering gear box

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: A few free 51 parts as a "thank you"!