6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Error Code PA0093 Fuel System Leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 10:57 AM
astecasphaltman
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Error Code PA0093 Fuel System Leak

This morning I was driving and the truck just died. Of course that means no power steering or breaks. Plugged in my scan tool and error code PA0093 came up. The code was for a fuel system leak, large leak. The truck did restart and i was able to make it home.

Has anyone had experience with this issue. I have done a little reading on the web and it seems that it usually means a bad fuel injector or fuel pressure sensor.

Any help or thought's would be great. Thanks

Old 08-17-2015, 10:43 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by astecasphaltman
This morning I was driving and the truck just died. Of course that means no power steering or breaks. Plugged in my scan tool and error code PA0093 came up. The code was for a fuel system leak, large leak. The truck did restart and i was able to make it home...
I'd get this into the hands of your dealership, astecasphaltman; they'll be in the best position to diagnose the error code and recommend next steps. How many miles are on it?

Crystal

Old 08-17-2015, 03:49 PM
astecasphaltman
Freshman User
Hello Crystal

Thanks for your reply. The truck is a 2014 that I bought new about 1 year ago. the current mileage is around 67k. as you can tell, I live in my truck. This is the fourth time the truck has been to a dealer with fuel related issues. the first three was for the low pressure fuel pump that finally broke and left me stranded on the side of the road. Of course each time I went with the fuel pump issue everyone said everything is ok now. When the truck final came in on a tow truck it got fix.

Now with this PA0093 code, the truck has been at the dealer all day. They just called and told me they could find nothing wrong. Even the code had been cleared by the computer. they are going to keep it a couple of more days and see what happens. This is starting to feel like the fuel pump issue all over again. All the internet forum say the thing. It's a bad fuel injector. It happens off and on until it's bad enough the dealer can find it. So, I will have to wait for it to do it a few more times and when the truck finally comes in on a roll back it will get fixed. I travel in the truck every day. I need it to be dependable. I have been lucky so far that every time it has broke down but one, I have been near home. I love this truck when it is working correctly. But, it has already sent more time in the shop than the last the trucks I have owned.

I let ford change the oil every 5k and fuel filters every 10k. I only buy fuel at high volume locations. I use Ford's PM22A fuel additive every tank. I carry and extra exhaust gas temperature sensor. I don't know what else I can do. But, every time I get in this truck, I am just waiting to see what happens next.

Sorry for rambling, but I just needed to vent. I don't like having to rent autos. The truck is at Hardy Family Ford in Dallas GA if you can be any help. They are good people. It's where I bought the truck. It's the first time they seen for a service issue.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:53 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
67,000 miles in a single year, wow...

Old 08-18-2015, 08:31 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
...Now with this PA0093 code, the truck has been at the dealer all day. They just called and told me they could find nothing wrong. Even the code had been cleared by the computer. they are going to keep it a couple of more days and see what happens...
Thanks for following up, astecasphaltman; it sounds like you've had a frustrating time. I'd like to get this escalated to your regional customer service manager. Since you don't have many posts, you may not have PM access yet. If you do, send me a message with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. If not, you can email the same info to custserv@ford.com. Be sure to put my name ("Crystal") in the subject line. This email address isn't monitored, so post here once you send a message; that's how I'll know to go look for it.

Crystal

Old 08-18-2015, 10:55 AM
astecasphaltman
Freshman User
Hey Crystal

I send you an email with my contact info. I don't have the Vin because the truck is still at the dealer. I will try to get it.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:28 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Hey Crystal

I send you an email with my contact info. I don't have the Vin because the truck is still at the dealer. I will try to get it.
Thanks, astecasphaltman; I'll check it out. If you have your insurance card handy, the VIN is usually on that.

Crystal

Old 08-18-2015, 05:16 PM
astecasphaltman
Freshman User
Crystal

The insurance card is in the truck, but I find it. I sent you an email. Thanks

Old 08-19-2015, 09:13 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Crystal

The insurance card is in the truck, but I find it. I sent you an email. Thanks
Hi astecasphaltman,

I got your email this morning and sent you a reply. Continue to keep us posted on how things go at your dealership.

Crystal

Old 08-19-2015, 04:33 PM
astecasphaltman
Freshman User
Well I got my truck back today. Of course the dealer found nothing. They are good people and I am sure they looked hard. But it looks like I will just have to drive the truck until it breaks and the repair is obvious. I just hope the truck does not shut off while I am in heavy traffic or pulling my trailer.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:12 PM
astecasphaltman
Freshman User
This morning while driving on I-75 in rush hour traffic my truck shut down again. No warning, no limp home mode, just off. No check engine light, broke out the code scanner again and it had the same code as before. P0093 - large fuel leak detected. Back to the dealer.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:22 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hmm. Have you even looked inside the engine bay for what "could" be a fuel leak????? I think I would like to rule out the obvious first.....

Old 09-01-2015, 04:36 PM
astecasphaltman
Freshman User
Thanks for you input Tofan. The first time it happen, I lookeear old. I have been talking with Ford customer all over the truck for a leak but there was none. The truck has been to the dealer for a second time with this issue. Today I got word from the dealer the the High Pressure Fuel System had metal in it and would need to be replaced. That is a 9 or 10K repair on a truck that is one old. I have been talking with Ford Customer Care and I think , to Ford's credit, they are going to stand behind the truck.

I change fuel filters every 10K at the Ford dealer. I use Ford PM22a fuel treatment in every tank. I even put fuel in a glass jar to see if it's dirty before I put it in my truck. I don't know how you can take more precautions.

I will let everyone know how it works out.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
So your saying that they are going to warranty the HPFP??? That is a good thing, but I would make sure to get everything in writing. If they AREN'T, I would get your insurance involved so as to lessen the blow. There are numerous causes of this, with the most prevalent is BAD FUEL. I'm glad to hear that they have figured out the issue. Please let us know how it all works out.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:45 AM
astecasphaltman
Freshman User
The history of the this issue is long. Several months ago I lost the low pressure fuel pump. Of course, I got low fuel pressure and reduce engine power several times. Each time, I took the truck to a dealer and they could not find anything. The third time I got the warning, the truck would not run. The Ford dealer replaced the low pressure pump under warranty to Fords credit. The tech noted metal in the low pressure side of the system.

My guess is that some of that metal made it's way to the high pressure system. There was not sign of water or bad fuel damage. I am sure everyone is like me. I keep all my service records. All my service is done my the Ford dealer. I drive a lot. the truck is 16 moths old and has 68k miles. Last night I added up all the money I have spent with Ford on maintenance. $4,400 dollars not including the three car rentals when I have to leave the truck.

My concern not is what engine damage could be down the road that might be related to this issue. I am nearing the end of the 100k warranty on the drive train. Should I keep the truck or go back to a Tundra. The trunda was a great truck 4 years, 300k miles and not one day in the shop. But when towing 6 to 7 mpg. Not to say that truck was perfect, it was not. It had it's issue like bed bounce on concrete roads which I hated.

Any way I will keep everyone posted.

Quick Reply: Error Code PA0093 Fuel System Leak